Author Topic: Sketch Collecting  (Read 2080 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Sketch Collecting
« on: December 13, 2012, 03:38:19 PM »
I guess sketch collecting is bigger than I imagined it was. There is a site dedicated to it:
http://sketchcollectors.com

Online koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: Sketch Collecting
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 07:01:22 PM »
I guess sketch collecting is bigger than I imagined it was. There is a site dedicated to it:
http://sketchcollectors.com

Thanks for posting the link! It's great to see that they did an interview with Topps!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 07:40:05 PM »
Thanks for posting the link! It's great to see that they did an interview with Topps!

It is but I hate the black background. So tough to read. It seems easier to read on my iPad but my Mac was tough. Damn you aging eyes...LOL
 I wonder who the seller is they think is getting the great sketches? I clicked on the link earlier but it was down for maintenance.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 07:42:24 PM by BumChex »

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 08:13:13 PM »
I know this a wacky site, but would you mind if we post some of our other sketch cards on your forum.  I got some great artist return sketches from 5finity that I'd love to show,  and I would like to see other sketches from other collectors and collections too.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 08:22:11 PM »
I know this a wacky site, but would you mind if we post some of our other sketch cards on your forum.  I got some great artist return sketches from 5finity that I'd love to show,  and I would like to see other sketches from other collectors and collections too.

Of course. We have a non-sport section. We have mars attacks and cereal killer sketches on there. Post away.

Offline OrangeCrush

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 12:17:36 PM »
I am not that big into sketch cards as the medium is just too small for me. I have been collecting original art for a number of years and original comic art is one of my favorite genre's. Going from 11 x 17 drawings to card sized sketches just doesn't do much for me at all. If Wacky Packages starting making sketch cards for their postcard series that were full sized postcards....well, I would be all over those!!

I do have to admit that the whole ACEO card craze that sketch cards have kicked off is pretty amazing. For those unaware, ACEO stands for Art Cards, Originals and Editions. Basically the sketch card craze has basically spilled over and you now have artists from all over the world, from lots of different fields, making their own sketch cards. Just do an ACEO card search on eBay and you will understand very quickly just how big it has gotten. Its been really interesting watching the whole thing unfold. Again, the size if my biggest issue. I am not complaining tho as its made buying unopened boxes FAR cheaper without the sketchcard. I just purchased 10 boxes of Old School Series 4 for just 10 bucks a pop. I doubt that would have been possible if Sketchcard's weren't involved.