Author Topic: OLDS 4 Sketches  (Read 101414 times)

Offline ScaryLee

Re: OLDS 4 Sketches
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2012, 12:59:34 PM »
Hey, you've got a Wacky baseball card - congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, thanks! I thought the Scary Lee baseball card was beyond awesome!

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2012, 01:00:22 PM »
Is there a list of artists anywhere?

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2012, 01:08:12 PM »
I have seen about 15 different artists but I not seen a Kirscht, Simko, Walton, Gross, Zeleznik or Griffith sketch yet. The artist listing is not the only mystery.  I have not figured out more than half of the characters from the sketch cards as well.

Offline quas

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2012, 01:13:56 PM »

Here are my pulls. Nice work by Neil and Pat. Got my 2 boxes around 5. Very fun to go thru the packs this time around. Lots of surprises.

Andrew

Any clue on these two?!

Marc

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2012, 01:37:19 PM »
The artist or the images?

The fish is from Goretons.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2012, 01:38:56 PM »
I have seen about 15 different artists but I not seen a Kirscht, Simko, Walton, Gross, Zeleznik or Griffith sketch yet. The artist listing is not the only mystery.  I have not figured out more than half of the characters from the sketch cards as well.

I did not do any and I know Griffith didn't do any this series. I think Zeleznik also didn't do any. I did 200 for the next ANS though.

Offline quas

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2012, 01:40:01 PM »
The artist or the images?

The fish is from Goretons.

Thanks!  And I did mean the images.....
Marc

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2012, 01:50:38 PM »
Any clue on these two?!

Pig is from Scrapple.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2012, 02:09:09 PM »
I did not do any and I know Griffith didn't do any this series. I think Zeleznik also didn't do any. I did 200 for the next ANS though.

No Bhob this time?

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2012, 02:20:52 PM »
I don't think so

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2012, 02:21:00 PM »

Well I've been able to identify all the ones posted here except the Jay Lynch sketch, and my vampire sketch which I think is Bloodweiser but something about it looks like another vampire.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2012, 02:23:33 PM »
Well I've been able to identify all the ones posted here except the Jay Lynch sketch, and my vampire sketch which I think is Bloodweiser but something about it looks like another vampire.

Jay's sketch is the boy on the new sticker (and the puzzle) for the set for Yackety Package Poems

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2012, 02:57:10 PM »

It just came to me, it's the bleeds vampire, not Bloodweiser. I knew Bloodweiser wasn't right.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2012, 03:35:10 PM »
I was unable to work on this set, but i have sketches in the next ans.
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2012, 04:00:33 PM »
Unprecedentedly, Topps has returned all my return sketches to me today.  So I guess I will put 'em up on ebay over the weekend.
On the color cards, I did two of each character.  But on the fat baby character, I only had one blank card left at the end...so there is
only one color sketch of that one.

Offline Final Step

« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2012, 04:10:24 PM »
Unprecedentedly, Topps has returned all my return sketches to me today.  So I guess I will put 'em up on ebay over the weekend.
On the color cards, I did two of each character.  But on the fat baby character, I only had one blank card left at the end...so there is

These sketches are awesome. The 5 I got do not look like these.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2012, 04:12:28 PM »

As always, your sketches are amazing!

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2012, 04:37:34 PM »

NICE WORK JAY!!!!!!!
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2012, 06:18:50 PM »
Here are my sketches.

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2012, 04:09:28 AM »
Here's my three, can someone please name who the artist is on the second and third one?

« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 04:11:32 AM by View Monster »

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2012, 07:37:35 AM »
Here are my other 2 sketches. Both by Strephon Taylor. Both will be going up on evilbay. If interested PM me and I'll make private arrangements.

Both Sketches now have new homes.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 09:01:38 AM by ratchet007 »

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2012, 07:56:10 AM »
Here are my other 2 sketches. Both by Strephon Taylor. Both will be going up on evilbay. If interested PM me and I'll make private arrangements.

When are you going to change your ID to Vikingboy ?
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2012, 08:57:56 AM »
When are you going to change your ID to Vikingboy ?
Perhaps after tomorrow when they beat the Packers and make the playoffs.

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2012, 09:09:16 AM »

YOU CAN ALWAYZ DREAM

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2012, 09:29:44 AM »

hoping the Bears win and the Packers win so the Bears make the Wild card like the year the Packers won the superbowl.  Only This time instead of Chicago being in 2nd place and the Packers being the Wild card it is reversed.  That means the Bears should win the super bowl!  Go Bears! (I know this is a long shot but I can dream)

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2012, 10:05:38 AM »
hoping the Bears win and the Packers win so the Bears make the Wild card like the year the Packers won the superbowl.  Only This time instead of Chicago being in 2nd place and the Packers being the Wild card it is reversed.  That means the Bears should win the super bowl!  Go Bears! (I know this is a long shot but I can dream)

As a lifelong Vikings fan (40+ years) I can only say that I hope none of this happens. I'd also like to see Peterson have a huge day and eclipse Dickerson's single season record (I know THIS is a longshot but,I, too, can dream  ;)) SKOL VIKINGS!!

NOW, back to our regularly scheduled OLDS 4 Sketch thread.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 10:07:09 AM by ratchet007 »

Offline ratchet007

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2012, 04:10:55 PM »
Jay, looking forward to your eBay auctions!  How many characters did you do for Olds 4?

Offline jaylynch

« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2012, 05:39:03 PM »
I did these sketch cards last July.... So I'm not sure.  I either did 20 characters or 40 characters.  I forget.  It was weird, on account of I did a lot of the characters in the OS 4 series BEFORE Dave did the
final paintings of 'em.... which is kind of wacky.  I hadda guess at the colors and like that.  So I didn't keep any record of what I did. 

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2012, 07:13:26 PM »
Does anyone know who the character is in the Jason Brower sketch that I listed yesterday (bottom right hand corner)?  I also listed a couple on Ebay tonight as well where I can not identify the character.  So far, OLDS4 is very interesting to say the least.   I have not seen anything amazing yet but this is not surprising.  I think that only a few people have received their boxes so far. 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2012, 07:23:16 PM »
Does anyone know who the character is in the Jason Brower sketch that I listed yesterday (bottom right hand corner)?  I also listed a couple on Ebay tonight as well where I can not identify the character.  So far, OLDS4 is very interesting to say the least.   I have not seen anything amazing yet but this is not surprising.  I think that only a few people have received their boxes so far. 

It looks so familiar but I can't think off the top who that is.
I think I pulled some great sketches. There are a few duds but that's to be expected. There hasn't been anything super spectacular on eBay yet except the Engstrom color. We've seen the Lynch returns and they are all great.

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2012, 07:37:37 PM »
It is the same character posted by Ratchet in the Jay Lynch sketch.  He is reading the paper while drooling and falling asleep. I really like the Wheatons, Smokin Joes, Jay Lynchs and newcomer George Wright.  Camera, Engstrom and Parisi are also nice.   No Simko, Griffith and Kirscht is disappointing but I will get over it.

Offline jaylynch

« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2012, 08:22:20 PM »
The drooling poem reading guy is from ANS 4.  It is a parody of the packaging of the '70s WACKY PACKAGES POSTERS, which Dave devised... The gag being that instead
of posters of Wackys they are posters of boring poetry.  I don't remember what the parody name was.  We did these last July.  That was an eternity ago. 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2012, 10:48:34 PM »
It is the same character posted by Ratchet in the Jay Lynch sketch.  He is reading the paper while drooling and falling asleep. I really like the Wheatons, Smokin Joes, Jay Lynchs and newcomer George Wright.  Camera, Engstrom and Parisi are also nice.   No Simko, Griffith and Kirscht is disappointing but I will get over it.

I think you are right. It looks different so it's kinda confusing. Some of these sketches confuse all collectors.

anything