Author Topic: OLDS 4 Sketches  (Read 101502 times)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: OLDS 4 Sketches
« Reply #245 on: January 11, 2013, 03:47:47 PM »

Great sketches, Neil!  Can't wait for more "vice" series, if you have them, and
are tobacco and alcohol products not allowed again in the Old School series?

If that's so, it's a shame, there were some great ideas and I'd love to see more.  It was a much
different generation back then and, in a weird way, seeing them brings back the nostalgia
of the 70's.

I have a Snort sketch that I think might be part of a "vice" series.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #246 on: January 11, 2013, 07:37:51 PM »
Can anyone tell what character is on this sketch. I'm thinkin' something from ANS.

I think this sketch card is the ANS 6 title Braino.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #247 on: January 12, 2013, 03:06:34 AM »

I think this sketch card is the ANS 6 title Braino.

You are correct Brother Shoe. Thanks for the help!

Offline Soremel

« Reply #248 on: January 13, 2013, 10:57:56 AM »
Just a heads-up...

A forum member had asked me earlier in the month which sketches of mine would be rare/hard to find.
I noticed this version of one of my Wormy Packages sketches on eBay. Most of the cards I sketched with this character have the background text in black ink. This was either 1/1 or 1/3 that have the text drawn in pencil.

Item number: 380554913976

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #249 on: January 13, 2013, 12:47:17 PM »
Just a heads-up...

A forum member had asked me earlier in the month which sketches of mine would be rare/hard to find.
I noticed this version of one of my Wormy Packages sketches on eBay. Most of the cards I sketched with this character have the background text in black ink. This was either 1/1 or 1/3 that have the text drawn in pencil.

Item number: 380554913976
Luckily your sketches are awesome but imagine if one of you sketch artists drew just a single line and only produced one of the "single line" sketches....the bidding dogfight would be amazing....if it is "rare", I want it mentality is very interesting.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #250 on: January 14, 2013, 12:12:51 AM »
I know I've posted these 2 before, but I still haven't figured out which wackys they are referencing - (these are better pictures too) - there is another P Barrett sketch on ebay right now that is almost identical to the one on the right. So, what are these wackys? One looks like a skeleton emerging from a coffin, the other looks like Indiana Jones or a Columbian coffee planter? Thanks for your help!

Offline Soremel

« Reply #251 on: January 14, 2013, 05:53:08 AM »
I know I've posted these 2 before, but I still haven't figured out which wackys they are referencing - (these are better pictures too) - there is another P Barrett sketch on ebay right now that is almost identical to the one on the right. So, what are these wackys? One looks like a skeleton emerging from a coffin, the other looks like Indiana Jones or a Columbian coffee planter? Thanks for your help!

"Done In Yogurt" (left), "Saparin Coffee" (right)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #252 on: January 14, 2013, 08:33:32 AM »

It kind of looks like me (without the mustache) in the morning (before I've had my Saparin Coffee).

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #253 on: January 14, 2013, 09:29:00 AM »

Thanks!!!! Now, got to look up Done In Yogurt to see what the original looks like....

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #254 on: January 14, 2013, 08:22:07 PM »
. . . imagine if one of you sketch artists drew just a single line and only produced one of the "single line" sketches....the bidding dogfight would be amazing....if it is "rare", I want it mentality is very interesting.

This sounds like a challenge!               :great:

How about somone draw the Pedigree Chump twit, with his pooch, in one continuous line?        (Jay is required to use his toes to draw this one)

Offline bandaches

« Reply #255 on: January 14, 2013, 08:37:07 PM »
This sounds like a challenge!               :great:

How about somone draw the Pedigree Chump twit, with his pooch, in one continuous line?        (Jay is required to use his toes to draw this one)

The line needs to be non curvy, I want a simple boring straigh line....if it is too curvy and too cool, then it would justify a bidding war....I want to see a bidding war based 100% on rarity of a zero desirability sketch on its artistic merit.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #256 on: January 14, 2013, 09:17:33 PM »
I could do one of the NATIONAL SPITTOON character drawn in felt-tip using an ellipse template! 

Offline Soremel

« Reply #257 on: January 15, 2013, 05:31:04 AM »
I'm going to use my Retch-A-Sketch to produce my entry.

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
« Reply #258 on: January 15, 2013, 10:38:40 AM »
I'm going to use my Retch-A-Sketch to produce my entry.
LOL ....and you Sir, may win as nobody said it had to be the fastest one-line sketch  :great:

Offline Soremel

« Reply #259 on: January 15, 2013, 11:24:55 AM »
LOL ....and you Sir, may win as nobody said it had to be the fastest one-line sketch  :great:

LOL!!! I almost had Mountain Dew shoot out of my nose when I read this! Too funny (and too true!)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #260 on: January 15, 2013, 11:57:14 AM »
The line needs to be non curvy, I want a simple boring straigh line....if it is too curvy and too cool, then it would justify a bidding war....I want to see a bidding war based 100% on rarity of a zero desirability sketch on its artistic merit.

And it would be nice if it was in felt pen but you could barely see the pencil "guide line" underneath   ;D
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #261 on: January 15, 2013, 12:10:31 PM »
How are people collecting Olds 4 sketches?  I've decided to do a Dr Popper and get one from each artist.  I'm trying to have each be a different character and characters who haven't appeared in Old School sketches before.  I'm also avoiding pencil or color sketches.  Pat mentioned some variations on this in the Olds 4 Spoiler thread (I suppose someone could try for one from each artist and then also have the title be from Old School or OS or ANS.  Maybe even a specific series within one of those categories for a real challenge. ) but I'm curious if anyone has gone that route or taking a entirely different approach on this set.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #262 on: January 15, 2013, 12:27:27 PM »
How are people collecting Olds 4 sketches?  I've decided to do a Dr Popper and get one from each artist.  I'm trying to have each be a different character and characters who haven't appeared in Old School sketches before.  I'm also avoiding pencil or color sketches.  Pat mentioned some variations on this in the Olds 4 Spoiler thread (I suppose someone could try for one from each artist and then also have the title be from Old School or OS or ANS.  Maybe even a specific series within one of those categories for a real challenge. ) but I'm curious if anyone has gone that route or taking a entirely different approach on this set.

Had thought I was going to get one from each artist, until I found out there were scarce Engstrom sketches - don't know that I'll be able to add one of those.  My Wheaton and Smokin' Joe sketches are colors, but I consider them as my 'examples' anyway, and I enjoy looking at them!

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #263 on: January 15, 2013, 12:33:10 PM »
I am pretty much going the same route you are. I have one sketch I like from all but 4 or 5 of the artists now. No color sketches, but most of them have some some shading or greys, etc. I have not stuck with just OS or ANS characters but am trying to pick up characters/titles we have not seen show up over and over in previous release sketches. The one exception is a DEMENTED by Jim Hunt I picked up mainly because it was one of his I liked best. I may not end up with a Engstrom, Wheaton, Wright or Lynch sketch this time out since they are harder to come by thus pulling premium prices currently, and I also have previous sketches from these artists. In one of the previous releases, I was collecting BLUE BEANIE sketches from as many artists as I could so I couldn't help but pick up a few BLUE BEANIEs that showed up in OS4 as well.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #264 on: January 15, 2013, 12:44:58 PM »
I've decided to do a Dr Popper and get one from each artist. 

You can do a Popper

Or you can Dew a Pepper

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #265 on: January 15, 2013, 02:06:50 PM »
You can do a Popper

Or you can Dew a Pepper

... or doo a pooper  (or does the pooper do the dooing?)

Offline bandaches

« Reply #266 on: January 15, 2013, 02:11:24 PM »
Very easy, I will pick up one sketch that I like.

Offline wacked

• My home page
« Reply #267 on: January 15, 2013, 02:42:49 PM »
UPDATE: Topps came through but I had to send in the whole box. Got my replacement today for the missing sketch. Here it is..

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #268 on: January 15, 2013, 07:00:38 PM »
UPDATE: Topps came through but I had to send in the whole box. Got my replacement today for the missing sketch. Here it is..

DUDE THAT'S WACKED!!!

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
« Reply #269 on: January 16, 2013, 07:40:42 AM »

very cool classic sketch....truth in advertising....labeled "Smokin' Joe"  :clap:

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #270 on: January 16, 2013, 09:29:37 AM »

I'm done buying boxes. Now I will just buy the sketches I like. I believe I do have one by each artist already so going forward it will be just what interests me.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #271 on: January 16, 2013, 09:32:08 AM »
I drew a small subset of Wacky characters as vampires. I can see now that the Quacker is the least obviously vampiric of the bunch.

Fred, who is the bat girl on the bottom? Which character?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #272 on: January 16, 2013, 09:34:17 AM »
Had thought I was going to get one from each artist, until I found out there were scarce Engstrom sketches - don't know that I'll be able to add one of those.  My Wheaton and Smokin' Joe sketches are colors, but I consider them as my 'examples' anyway, and I enjoy looking at them!

Speaking of Engstroms, this is my one and only Engstrom and it's a beauty.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #273 on: January 16, 2013, 09:40:58 AM »
Fred, who is the bat girl on the bottom? Which character?
Minute Lice, dude. You DO collect Wacky Packs, yes?   :P

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #274 on: January 16, 2013, 10:06:34 AM »
Minute Lice, dude. You DO collect Wacky Packs, yes?   :P

or Brad might be asking about the other vampire (the awesome drawing at lower right), which would be Koduck!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 10:12:04 AM by koduck »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #275 on: January 16, 2013, 10:30:13 AM »
Minute Lice, dude. You DO collect Wacky Packs, yes?   :P

I was thinking it could be the now or never girl. I haven't looked through my OS in a while so thanks!

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #276 on: January 16, 2013, 10:57:17 AM »
In Brads defense, the scared Minute Lice woman does take on a whole new life as a scary Vampire!  Well done Fred!

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #277 on: January 16, 2013, 11:13:28 AM »

Great color sketch!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #278 on: January 17, 2013, 06:03:36 AM »
There is! Here's a few samples.

I see a third blue wrapper sketch has shown up.
There is the 15th series above, a 7th gumless that was on eBay auction: # 380555933172 earlier.
And while it says 5th series, looks like another 7th gumless to me

[expando]http://i.ebayimg.com/t/2012-Wacky-Packages-5th-Series-Wrapper-OLDS4-Old-School-4-Neil-Camera-Sketch-/00/s/MTA0MVg3NTA=/$T2eC16Z,!)UE9s3wDco7BQ9vIfjdeQ~~60_57.JPG[/expando]

Offline quas

« Reply #279 on: January 17, 2013, 03:21:50 PM »

Any clue on this Engstrom?  It's not from the original series, unless I've missed something...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wacky-Packages-OLD-SCHOOL-SER-4-Sketch-Card-Gulp-Guy-Brent-Engstrom-/380558071855?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item589b07582f
Marc