Author Topic: Wacky Packages Holiday Comic - Now Available  (Read 16853 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: Wacky Packages Holiday Comic - Now Available
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2012, 04:20:04 AM »
I ordered the comic, but when does Topps ship it out?

Hi Daryl,

I haven't received a confirmation on the ship date, but I expect it to be sometime this week.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2012, 06:01:52 AM »

I haven't received a confirmation on the ship date, but I expect it to be sometime this week.

Topps Customer Service Department should give you a nice Christmas bonus for some of the calls and e-mails they don’t get       ;D

Maybe it’s water off your back

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2012, 01:47:03 PM »
Topps Customer Service Department should give you a nice Christmas bonus for some of the calls and e-mails they don’t get       ;D

Maybe it’s water off your back

Call it a labor of love!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2012, 08:05:07 PM »
I bet the comic ships the day after Christmas...

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2012, 08:59:55 PM »
Call it a labor of love!

= LOL

I knew a 72 year old man a few years back who thought LOL meant “little old lady”   (seriously)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2012, 09:41:31 PM »
= LOL

I knew a 72 year old man a few years back who thought LOL meant “little old lady”   (seriously)

I think there are still quite a few people who think it stands for "lots of love". Thus you get some slightly strange messages from relatives like... "aunt milly passed away Friday.  Lol "
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2012, 09:44:44 PM »
= LOL

It DID used to mean little old lady!!!! Until about 1990 and the bbs/Internet....I think I first heard the acronym from a police officer friend.
Alex

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2012, 04:38:29 PM »
... It's the LOL from Pasadena...

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2012, 10:48:59 AM »
I received the package from Topps today which was supposed to contain the Comic #3...and it wasn't in there!! The invoice in the box shows it listed and I got the other item listed (a binder)...so where in hell is the comic? I have a call in to Topps, but I ain't holdin' my breath on getting an answer. Has anyone else had this issue?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2012, 10:52:07 AM »
I received the package from Topps today which was supposed to contain the Comic #3...and it wasn't in there!! The invoice in the box shows it listed and I got the other item listed (a binder)...so where in hell is the comic? I have a call in to Topps, but I ain't holdin' my breath on getting an answer. Has anyone else had this issue?

No comics here yet.  Yesterday I thought I was short a box of Old School 4, and found it inside the Halloween binder.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2012, 12:05:54 PM »

My package just arrived.  Not only are the comics NOT in the box, the Postcard binders Topps did ship do NOT have the stamp sheets, and the stamp sheets were the only reason I ordered those binders!!

Totally aggravated right now, but if their customer service blows me off like last time, I am going to be furious........

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2012, 12:22:25 PM »
Working on furious - they left me on hold for 11 minutes and then after much awful 'music', the computer voice told me that due to high call volume they would have to send me to voice messaging.  That, of course was full, so they then said to call back another time; thus ended my phone call.................    >:D >:D >:D >:D

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2012, 12:55:22 PM »
Working on furious - they left me on hold for 11 minutes and then after much awful 'music', the computer voice told me that due to high call volume they would have to send me to voice messaging.  That, of course was full, so they then said to call back another time; thus ended my phone call.................    >:D >:D >:D >:D

Beginning to sound like maybe more than a few orders of the Comics #3 were sans comic.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2012, 01:02:02 PM »
Beginning to sound like maybe more than a few orders of the Comics #3 were sans comic.

I understand mishaps with shipping and products, but in my experience, Topps really has what amounts to a Customer Disservice Department.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2012, 04:17:46 PM »
I understand mishaps with shipping and products, but in my experience, Topps really has what amounts to a Customer Disservice Department.
Not to make light of your frustration, Pat, but I am actually a bit glad to hear you got no comic(s) either, as I'm not sitting in the boat alone. Maybe they're coming under separate cover in a day or three, but in any case, I say Topps needs to stop selling sh*t they don't have. I'd rather wait a bit longer to order it (or even know about it) and get it within a few days. This crap of ordering and then waiting until they're good and ready to send it to me (and all that meantime having my money) is about done in my book.

Also, I got the binder I ordered...with 4 (count 'em!) stamp sheets inside it. If you'd like one or two of them, just let me know, as I don't need all of them.

Oh, and finally, shock of shocks...nobody called me back from Topps.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2012, 06:08:42 PM »

Hi Pat,

I was hoping to see the holiday comic ship this week, but due to an unforeseen delay, it's now scheduled to ship Monday (12/31). If I get any more info, I'll be sure to update everyone.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2012, 04:19:48 AM »
Hi Pat,

I was hoping to see the holiday comic ship this week, but due to an unforeseen delay, it's now scheduled to ship Monday (12/31). If I get any more info, I'll be sure to update everyone.

Thanks for the info Neil.  I believe UPS is off Monday, so Monday may turn into Wednesday.  No big deal, now that I know the comics just weren't ready this week.  Like Tom, I was worried about trying to get Topps to correct an error, which is often darn near impossible.  I can picture it now, they'd want proof of the total absence of something!

I just do not understand Topps sometimes.  Why would they ship the rest of the order on Wednesday??  Makes no sense to me - if they were going to do two shipments, they could have sent the binder package two weeks ago.  And, a note on the invoice would have been most helpful!!

Now on to the missing stamps.........

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2013, 08:33:11 AM »
I just received confirmation that the Wacky Holiday Comic has begun shipping!

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2013, 08:57:33 AM »

Looks like they are going out via USPS

Offline dth1971

« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2013, 06:34:57 PM »

Well, the Christmas comic was sent on New Years, now let's hope for a Wacky Packages Valentine or Easter comic book issue for 2013!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2013, 05:56:42 AM »
Well, the Christmas comic was sent on New Years, now let's hope for a Wacky Packages Valentine or Easter comic book issue for 2013!

Actually, it's a "holiday comic" (not just Christmas), but your point is valid. I was hoping to see the comic ship at least a week sooner but such is life!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2013, 10:15:53 AM »
I think there are still quite a few people who think it stands for "lots of love". Thus you get some slightly strange messages from relatives like... "aunt milly passed away Friday.  Lol "

When I first got back into the hobby (@ 2001) I went to Greg's forum and saw all of the "LOL's", and I thought it meant "lot's of love".  I remember thinking....."wow, these guys are very friendly with each other!" 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2013, 02:10:54 PM »
My comic came in ahead of two packages from UPS!!!
A

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2013, 02:45:16 PM »
Got mine today, too.  Neil (and Topps), they are done beautifully, thanks!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2013, 05:43:32 PM »
freaking awesome - finally got my shipment today and sure enough - NO comic included. never had second shipping notice. ridiculous.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2013, 09:57:35 PM »
freaking awesome - finally got my shipment today and sure enough - NO comic included. never had second shipping notice. ridiculous.

Freaking awesome good or freaking awesome bad?

Offline dth1971

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2013, 02:12:36 PM »
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

A

L

E

R

T

!

[spoiler]That Wacky Packages comic book #3 story ended with some Scooby-Doo parody since I recently read it![/spoiler]

« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 04:17:05 PM by BumChex »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2013, 03:32:05 PM »
Fixed!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 04:33:22 PM by koduck »

Offline dth1971

« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2013, 03:38:22 PM »
You forgot to mention SPOILER ALERT!