Author Topic: Wacky shotwheel cars  (Read 3194 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: Wacky shotwheel cars
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 07:35:14 AM »
These look to be the toys that Duane Dimock produced in the late 80's. He did a very small production run of 3 different vehicles all based on the "shot wheels" name. They're pretty hard to find, although they're not an "official" topps product. I have an original sales flyer somewhere. If I can find it, I'll definitely post an image.

best,
Neil

Offline Kook

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 07:45:00 AM »
These look to be the toys that Duane Dimock produced in the late 80's. He did a very small production run of 3 different vehicles all based on the "shot wheels" name. They're pretty hard to find, although they're not an "official" topps product. I have an original sales flyer somewhere. If I can find it, I'll definitely post an image.

best,
Neil

Thanks for the info. Do you have any idea about how many of each were made? It would be great to see the flyer!

Offline Kook

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 07:50:26 AM »
These are also mentioned on the lostwackys website:    http://www.lostwackys.com/wacky-packages/crafts/SHOTWHEELS-4-wacky-packages.htm

Not much information but it says about 300 were produced and there are 12 different titles shown. Definetly a homemade item.

Great info. Thanks! No matter how many times I visit Rusty's site, there's always something new or that I missed.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 08:02:45 AM »
Great info. Thanks! No matter how many times I visit Rusty's site, there's always something new or that I missed.

That's probably because for all the great info it's so poorly organized. Every time I get on there I lose my mind trying to figure out how to navigate.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 07:13:45 PM »
I have had 2 of these for over 10 years. The lemilin is one, i cant remember the other "Count" something. They have been boxed up for over a decade. I bought these from ebay in the mid to late ninety's. These are the first of them i've seen since i bought mine. I should still have the ebay papers from the auction. They are buried somewhere. I have to find that stack of papers for other reasons so i'll keep an eye out for the ones with the "shotwheels". I'll post when i find them.

Jim

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 11:08:39 AM »
Does anyone have any info on these "shotwheels" cars?

I've got one of these that I bought directly from the artist (who was a friend of Duane's).  I remember his name being "John", but can't remember his last name.  I have the version that is exactly like the Wacky "Shotwheels", with the lemon-shaped car.  Those eBay prices were a steal as I remember them costing about that much directly from the artist back in the 80's.  Even though they're not an official Wacky product, they're definitely one of the coolest knock-offs, and look great on a shelf (like the actual-size cereal boxes Duane used to do, too). 

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 12:37:29 PM »
I have had 2 of these for over 10 years. The lemilin is one, i cant remember the other "Count" something. They have been boxed up for over a decade. I bought these from ebay in the mid to late ninety's. These are the first of them i've seen since i bought mine. I should still have the ebay papers from the auction. They are buried somewhere. I have to find that stack of papers for other reasons so i'll keep an eye out for the ones with the "shotwheels". I'll post when i find them.

Jim

lol, I've got so many things I know I have, but am unsure exactly where they are

I think cave man had to keep track of about 17 things              Cave woman, around 20

anything