Author Topic: ANS10 - Spoilers  (Read 309629 times)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

Re: ANS10 - Spoilers
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2012, 03:35:34 PM »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2012, 04:14:51 PM »
Man, $70 a box for 14 packs is crazy. There are a lot of inserts but completing the Ludlows will be very tough. I will wait until they go down in price on ebay. People are probably going to want $100 each initially and the Reds will probably be $200-$300.

For that kind of money, I'd rather buy REAL Ludlows!!!!!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2012, 04:18:56 PM »

Why is Ser 10 showing titles of some of the ANS 9 ones?
the entire 10th series is 'buyback' cards from the 9th series. even the wrappers.  :]

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2012, 04:23:48 PM »
  I am hoping that with the ludlows there won't be as many packsearcher that can see that they are special cards.  I hope that Topps does something to throw off the Pack searchers because it is fun to go to target and buy packs. 
I think the biggest deterrent to pack searchers is that the majority of the big ticket stuff is only available through the Hobby boxes, which won't be going to retail stores. the Hobby stuff will be through the comic shops and distributors.
that is, if I'm understanding the terminology correctly here.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2012, 08:15:44 PM »
I believe I may sit out this release and just buy some sort of mini master set from someone here on the forum or off fee-Bay. For me, this solves the problem of pack searchers although, at the same time, it saddens me a little to know I won't be cracking any packs.

Ditto for me, unfortunately.

Did I read that correctly: Black Ludlows 1/box and Red Ludlows 1/case. Wow. Good luck, completists! ;)

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2012, 09:52:04 AM »
Sure, potentially a bit pricey, but this is the 10th anniversary series on ANS, after all!
How do you figure? ANS1 was 2004, so wouldn't it have to be 2014?

....oh, I get it...2014 is when we'll actually see them...lol

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2012, 03:01:26 PM »
I meant 10th as in 10th series, not anniversary year, but obviously a
brain-fart from yours truly. 

At least I didn't mention "Arthur!" LOL

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2012, 10:12:03 AM »
Interesting info!  I hate to say it, but my initial reaction is disappointment.  Too big and too complex!  I have a strong innate desire to be a completist, and this info makes me want to completely give up.  I think I'll be reluctant to pre-order much.  Who knows, maybe I'll get caught up in the excitement, but my interest in Wackys wanes when it gets too far from its roots.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2012, 10:15:18 AM »
Interesting info!  I hate to say it, but my initial reaction is disappointment.  Too big and too complex!  I have a strong innate desire to be a completist, and this info makes me want to completely give up.  I think I'll be reluctant to pre-order much.  Who knows, maybe I'll get caught up in the excitement, but my interest in Wackys wanes when it gets too far from its roots.

I have to agree with you.  They are introducing too many rare chasers, and I'm at the end of my rope spending crazy money on them, so I'll just collect the basic attainable subsets that don't cost thousands of dollars to complete.  Not being able to continue my run has definitely hurt my passion for collecting a bit too. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2012, 11:45:47 AM »
I have to agree with you.  They are introducing too many rare chasers, and I'm at the end of my rope spending crazy money on them, so I'll just collect the basic attainable subsets that don't cost thousands of dollars to complete.  Not being able to continue my run has definitely hurt my passion for collecting a bit too. 

Exactly right. The days of spending just a couple hundred dollars is turning into thousands. It's way over the top and I won't participate in the crazy chase odds. I will have a few examples for my collection such as the golds but won't get them all. I still haven't even go an ANS9 sketch card.
My plan will be to buy one case and that will be it. I'm assuming a case will be 8 boxes and that will run about $560.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2012, 11:48:40 AM »
DACards has them up for pre-order but these are only the regular hobby boxes and NOT the collectors boxes.
http://www.dacardworld.com/entertainment/wacky-packages-series-10-trading-card-stickers-8-box-case-topps-2013

Potomac has them cheaper but again only regular hobby.
http://www.potomacdist.com/detail.asp?itemid=wackyp10c
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 09:09:01 AM by BumChex »

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2012, 01:15:25 PM »
Wow, there is a lot going on with this release. I wonder what a case of "Collector's Boxes" will run.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2012, 03:54:04 PM »

It does feel a bit like they are trying to squeeze bloodwiser from a turnip    ;D

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2012, 07:29:03 PM »
It does feel a bit like they are trying to squeeze bloodwiser from a turnip    ;D

(Image removed from quote.)

Very cool Rob, I like this pic. a lot.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2012, 07:31:05 PM »
Hope we can see a new ANS10 wrapper with ANS10 titles soon.

I even notice in the brochure a few more takeoffs, and mentions ANS10 features parodies of Ninjago and Taco Bell.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2012, 07:31:47 PM »
DACards has them up for pre-order but these are only the regular hobby boxes and the collectors boxes.
http://www.dacardworld.com/entertainment/wacky-packages-series-10-trading-card-stickers-8-box-case-topps-2013

The January Previews will even have pre-orders hopefully.

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2012, 07:39:19 PM »
Hope we can see a new ANS10 wrapper with ANS10 titles soon.

Did you notice that the brochure stated that ANS11 is already scheduled for summer 2013?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2012, 08:34:22 PM »
Did you notice that the brochure stated that ANS11 is already scheduled for summer 2013?

That's crazy! This is getting over saturated. These releases don't give collectors time to catch their breath. Maybe it's intentional. They are going after a new demographic and we aren't it?

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2012, 02:28:44 AM »
DACards has them up for pre-order but these are only the regular hobby boxes and the collectors boxes.

Other than the regular hobby boxes what other boxes are there? Won't the hobby boxes have all the inserts
What the difference in boxes? The hobby boxes will not contain ALL the chase items? I am confused why does Topps have to play this shit?

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2012, 05:58:55 AM »
Other than the regular hobby boxes what other boxes are there? Won't the hobby boxes have all the inserts
What the difference in boxes? The hobby boxes will not contain ALL the chase items? I am confused why does Topps have to play this shit?

check down on slide 13 and 14 of the 'how to maximize profits' pitch that was linked to earlier (re-pasted below). different cards in different boxes. more $$$.

the regular hobby box is for the kids who just like the humor.
and the collector box is for the adults who have money to burn going after alternate color subsets and ultra-short-print chase cards

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/blowoutcards-product-information-pages-non-sports/408881-2013-topps-wacky-packages-series-10-a.html

Offline dth1971

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2012, 06:17:20 AM »

ANS11 Summer 2013? Will Old School 5 (with an entry based on the late Gary "Head and Boulders" Browning's Wacky Packages drawings) be in between ANS10 and ANS11?

Offline dth1971

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2012, 06:20:03 AM »
The brochure even mentions plans for a Create Your Own Wacky contest on Facebook with the winning entry to be in ANS11 later in 2013.

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2012, 08:09:10 AM »
Old School Series 5 has a late Fall to early Winter 2013 release date. 

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2012, 11:16:32 AM »
check down on slide 13 and 14 of the 'how to maximize profits' pitch that was linked to earlier (re-pasted below). different cards in different boxes. more $$$.

the regular hobby box is for the kids who just like the humor.
and the collector box is for the adults who have money to burn going after alternate color subsets and ultra-short-print chase cards

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/blowoutcards-product-information-pages-non-sports/408881-2013-topps-wacky-packages-series-10-a.html

Wow, that slide show is something else! An interesting look into Topps marketing strategies. This is quite the line, from Slide #8

“Maximize sales velocities by appealing to adult set collectors and value appreciation seekers”

Not totally sure what "value appreciation" is, but I guess we have it.

Well, maybe not Ernie and a few others     :D

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2012, 11:19:33 AM »

“Maximize sales velocities by appealing to adult set collectors and value appreciation seekers”

Not totally sure what "value appreciation" is....

They mean people who (delusionally) think rare chase cards will appreciate in value.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2012, 03:17:19 PM »
I just noticed this. This could be the game changer with the collectors boxes.

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2012, 03:57:58 PM »
I just noticed this. This could be the game changer with the collectors boxes.
yeah, thought everyone had noticed that. It makes the collector boxes like the limited edition postcards or olds boxes. A guaranteed hit in every box (part of the "significant hit rate" strategy). Although the printing plates are probably the dogs here, although if ANS are used for the buy backs, those will be duds.

I'm still thinking, depending on the titles used, that the lost wackys may be the hot item. There are only 3 cards, which makes for an easy set completion.
ludlow backed, gold or cloth versions of ans10 titles? how many really care about those? the 10 that are likely to be original series titles will demand a premium though.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 03:59:37 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2012, 06:45:09 PM »
DACards has them up for pre-order but these are only the regular hobby boxes and NOT the collectors boxes.

right you forgot the ' NOT' in there - i thought there was another box other than hobby or collector...whose selling the collector boxes...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2012, 06:57:07 PM »
right you forgot the ' NOT' in there - i thought there was another box other than hobby or collector...whose selling the collector boxes...

Looks like blowoutcards will have them. I sent them an email tonight to ask when they will be ready for preorder.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2012, 08:24:02 PM »
I'm still thinking, depending on the titles used, that the lost wackys may be the hot item. There are only 3 cards, which makes for an easy set completion.

You realize those are one per case, right? They will fetch a premium for that alone. And the 8 bonus cards are one per box? I am not happy about those odds.

ludlow backed, gold or cloth versions of ans10 titles? how many really care about those? the 10 that are likely to be original series titles will demand a premium though.

I wouldn't mind having a cloth sticker or two. That will be kinda fun. Again not happy with those odds either. I'll be happy if I get one of them. I never did get a plate, which I would still like to get at least one example for my collection.

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2012, 08:34:26 PM »
You realize those are one per case, right? They will fetch a premium for that alone. And the 8 bonus cards are one per box? I am not happy about those odds.
right.
just saying that the others that are 1 or 2 or 4 per case won't have as much demand as the lost wackys, as they'll be the easiest 'case premium' set to complete and they are unique titles, not just a variation of the base set.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2012, 09:44:19 PM »
Regardless of what will be cool for this series it will be expensive. It sounds like If you at least want good examples of this series you may need to buy 3 cases just to try and get the 3 lost wackys. This is going to be ugly.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2012, 06:30:42 AM »
Regardless of what will be cool for this series it will be expensive. It sounds like If you at least want good examples of this series you may need to buy 3 cases just to try and get the 3 lost wackys. This is going to be ugly.
I still can't find were to buy the cases of collectors edition cards,  I emailed my source (potomic) and they said they only have the hobby sets.  Has any one found where the collectors edition cases can be purchased?

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2012, 06:52:28 AM »
I still can't find were to buy the cases of collectors edition cards,  I emailed my source (potomic) and they said they only have the hobby sets.  Has any one found where the collectors edition cases can be purchased?
as Brad mentioned, it looks like Blowout cards will have them. It's listed in the link that was posted, but just says 'coming soon'.
My guess is any big distributor will have them too. This sales pitch info just came out it and it's probably taking time to filter actual ordering info through to everyone.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2012, 08:35:58 AM »
as Brad mentioned, it looks like Blowout cards will have them. It's listed in the link that was posted, but just says 'coming soon'.
My guess is any big distributor will have them too. This sales pitch info just came out it and it's probably taking time to filter actual ordering info through to everyone.

I got a message back and they will update the site as soon as they know how many cases they have coming in. Keep checking.