Author Topic: ANS10 - Spoilers  (Read 309595 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: ANS10 - Spoilers
« Reply #175 on: January 24, 2013, 06:15:15 PM »
I saw that too and now wonder if I should have gone ahead and ordered a case or 2 - hope my window of opportunity didn't disappear!
What am I saying - am sure they'll want all of our monies....
Alex

I saw the $399 per case and did not bite. Now there are no options to pre-order a case. Potomac and Blowout both say they are asking for additional allocation and will resume pre-orders once/if they get an updated allocation. Topps does not want to compete with On-Line Dealers so won't be selling the collector boxes. This release is shaping up to be interesting in terms of distribution. If I find another source for the Collector boxes I will post it here.

Andrew

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #176 on: January 24, 2013, 08:18:25 PM »
It looks like if Big distributors are looking for extra supply from Topps, then we should see more of the hobby and collector boxes in the future.  That means someone is buying them up and it should be good for EBay. 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #177 on: January 24, 2013, 08:38:42 PM »
It looks like if Big distributors are looking for extra supply from Topps, then we should see more of the hobby and collector boxes in the future.  That means someone is buying them up and it should be good for EBay. 

I don't know if it really means anything because the distributors have preorder deadlines with Topps. When the deadline passed they can't take any more preorders. Based on the odds and such there should be quite a few boxes available at release.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #178 on: January 25, 2013, 03:28:37 AM »
I don't know if it really means anything because the distributors have preorder deadlines with Topps. When the deadline passed they can't take any more preorders. Based on the odds and such there should be quite a few boxes available at release.

Potomac told me their allocation of collector cases was based on how many hobby cases they committed to.  They did not talk about about a deadline. Just said they didn't get many and that most collectors pre-ordered 1 or 2 cases. There were no large case pre-orders. They just did not get many cases to pre-sell. I am calling Topps corporate today to see if I can learn of any other distributors who they gave pre-sell allocations to. There have to be more than the three I know of.

Andrew

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #179 on: January 25, 2013, 05:08:21 AM »
Thanks for the information. if most people bought 1-2 cases, to me that would indicate they are collectors and not flippers.  Therefore E-Bay might night be a viable option to get the hard to find cards. (1 case = 1 red ludlow for my collection, and 1 case = 1 lost wacky).  Looks like people then would be content with 1 example in their collection.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #180 on: January 25, 2013, 07:30:16 AM »
Looks like people then would be content with 1 example in their collection.

It won't be much of a choice with the odds on this series!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #181 on: January 25, 2013, 11:14:40 AM »
It won't be much of a choice with the odds on this series!

I'm not going to go crazy over these incredibly tough odds. I will order one case and then probably get one example of each for my collection. Kind of like I have done with the golds. This parallel stuff is so tough to find with the odds and even if you complete a set you won't get anywhere near the money back if you decide to sell it. I don't think it's worth it just for the different backings. Now the lost wacky's will be a different animal all together.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #182 on: January 25, 2013, 12:13:49 PM »
Called Topps Corporate a few times. Not possible to get a live person to speak with.
No pre-order leads as of now. Just checking Blowout and Potomac daily to see if they resume pre-orders.

Andrew

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #183 on: January 26, 2013, 02:53:43 AM »
Anyone know how it went for the last GPK release which seems to have followed the same format ANS10 will use? Were the Collector boxes sold at retail or just by online dealers?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #184 on: January 26, 2013, 03:55:39 PM »
I'm not going to go crazy over these incredibly tough odds. I will order one case and then probably get one example of each for my collection. Kind of like I have done with the golds. This parallel stuff is so tough to find with the odds and even if you complete a set you won't get anywhere near the money back if you decide to sell it. I don't think it's worth it just for the different backings. Now the lost wacky's will be a different animal all together.

I agree with all of that but it's still frustrating that it's impossible to complete all of the variations, especially when I was able to do it for so long.  I think the extra chasers sound exciting.  I just wish they weren't so hard to attain.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #185 on: January 26, 2013, 07:14:34 PM »
I agree with all of that but it's still frustrating that it's impossible to complete all of the variations, especially when I was able to do it for so long.  I think the extra chasers sound exciting.  I just wish they weren't so hard to attain.

It's very frustrating. Have you completed all the golds from ANS?

Offline dth1971

« Reply #186 on: January 26, 2013, 08:02:57 PM »
Is it okay to scan to this form the ad promotion ANS10 from the recent issue of Non-Sport Update?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #187 on: January 26, 2013, 09:49:38 PM »
Is it okay to scan to this form the ad promotion ANS10 from the recent issue of Non-Sport Update?

It is a spoiler thread so yes. Thanks!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #188 on: January 27, 2013, 04:42:36 AM »

With these crazy odds making it somewhat impossible to complete a set of ALL ANS10 cards there will probably only be two people at most who attempt the feat.
Who do we think will step up?  Is anyone willing to try?  Whoever does it will not have a mind to resell in the future. It won't be about making money.

Andrew

Offline dth1971

« Reply #189 on: January 27, 2013, 09:07:10 AM »
Here's what the Wacky Packages ANS 10 ad in the Non-Sport Update Feb./March 2013 is like:

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #190 on: January 27, 2013, 09:19:17 AM »
One "Hit" per box. Nice drug reference. At least they are calling a spade a spade.

Andrew
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 06:28:31 PM by DrDeal »

Offline Stingline

« Reply #191 on: January 27, 2013, 05:19:13 PM »
"Vintage Wacky buybacks", that does my heart good. I'm interested to see what they put in there and I'm glad it's not Howard the Duck cards with a foil stamp.

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #192 on: January 27, 2013, 05:49:21 PM »
Those paralalles sound intriguing ...who copy edits this stuff anyways? Ridiculous.

Online Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #193 on: January 27, 2013, 06:33:13 PM »
Those paralalles sound intriguing ...who copy edits this stuff anyways? Ridiculous.

Who copy edits this stuff anyways? some moron "Salt" guy i am sure!!!

Like the guaranteeper box deal...

Online Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #194 on: January 27, 2013, 06:33:21 PM »

Who copy edits this stuff anyways? some moron "Salt" guy i am sure!!!

Like the guaranteeper box deal...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #195 on: January 27, 2013, 06:42:46 PM »
"Vintage Wacky buybacks", that does my heart good. I'm interested to see what they put in there and I'm glad it's not Howard the Duck cards with a foil stamp.

It will be really interesting to see what people get. I'm not expecting magic here but if they are solid mint it will be nice even though they could be a very common card.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #196 on: January 27, 2013, 07:28:05 PM »
Brad, I agree.  I'm certainly looking forward to pulling a vintage Wacky out of a modern pack.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #197 on: January 27, 2013, 09:01:50 PM »
Brad, I agree.  I'm certainly looking forward to pulling a vintage Wacky out of a modern pack.

You have to wonder if Topps actually kept some stuff or if they were reprinted? I can't imagine Topps has a lot in their vault. I could be very wrong and it would be cool for some really killer die-cuts!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #198 on: January 28, 2013, 03:09:45 AM »
You have to wonder if Topps actually kept some stuff or if they were reprinted? I can't imagine Topps has a lot in their vault. I could be very wrong and it would be cool for some really killer die-cuts!

Dosn't "Buyback" mean they purchase cards from collectors?

Andrew

Offline Stingline

« Reply #199 on: January 28, 2013, 04:56:38 AM »
Dosn't "Buyback" mean they purchase cards from collectors?

Andrew

Supposedly, but some of the "buybacks" I have seen on eBay for other titles were garbage you could buy by the pound with a foil stamp on it for the series it was inserted into, the stamp was what made it valuable. This makes me wonder if the Wacky buybacks will have a foil stamp on them too. I guess that would make common, but nice, original series sticker buybacks unique if they are stamped. The more I think about it, the more excited I get.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #200 on: January 28, 2013, 09:59:32 AM »

No, I gave up after ANS8.  I still need 5 of them between series 7 and 8. 

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2013, 11:45:35 AM »
I like some of these spoilers! Flustered Flakes, Scream of Wheat, and Dungeon Donuts . . . looking forward to some good titles!!

I think I learned recently that Hobby Boxes are meant for non-hobbyists. Do we need a glossary for some of these new (sometimes ambiguous) terms?

When the promotion says, “Hobby Collector Edition Exclusive Content”, what the heck does that mean?

What does, “Collector’s Edition” mean? Will there be Non-Collectors Editions?

What does “exclusive” mean, as in “Exclusive Hobby Content”? I looked up the meaning of the word “exclusive”, but that created additional confusion. Exclusive to who, or what? Cracker Jacks has exclusive prizes.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, “Limited Quantities” I get it, I get it, OK, OK, where is my wallet? Here, take my $$$

Regarding, "Vintage Wacky buybacks", I guess we will soon know what Topp’s definition of “vintage” is. ANS 1 was released about 9 years ago. I don’t remember how old something has to be before it can be called antique. Seems like "vintage" should be at least 20-30 years old.

Grumpy Old Dude       

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2013, 01:14:54 PM »
I like some of these spoilers! Flustered Flakes, Scream of Wheat, and Dungeon Donuts . . . looking forward to some good titles!!
When the promotion says, “Hobby Collector Edition Exclusive Content”, what the heck does that mean?
What does “exclusive” mean, as in “Exclusive Hobby Content”? I looked up the meaning of the word “exclusive”, but that created additional confusion. Exclusive to who, or what? Cracker Jacks has exclusive prizes.
Regarding, "Vintage Wacky buybacks", I guess we will soon know what Topp’s definition of “vintage” is. ANS 1 was released about 9 years ago. I don’t remember how old something has to be before it can be called antique. Seems like "vintage" should be at least 20-30 years old.
Grumpy Old Dude      

Dictionary.com has about 20 definitions for vintage, most are particular to wine and wine making, but here are a few more general ones...
9. representing the high quality of a past time: vintage cars; vintage movies.  
10. old-fashioned or obsolete: vintage jokes.  
11. being the best of its kind: They praised the play as vintage O'Neill.

Not sure that helps clarrify much, however. One man's "high quality of a past time" may be another man's "swill".

- Another Grumpy Old Dude. :shut_up:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 01:19:38 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2013, 01:28:07 PM »
I think I learned recently that Hobby Boxes are meant for non-hobbyists. Do we need a glossary for some of these new (sometimes ambiguous) terms?
Grumpy Old Dude          

Maybe there should be a disclaimer on ANS10 Hobby Boxes that reads, "Warning: For those of you who previously thought a Hobby Box contained all items found in the regular resale boxes for a Wacky Packages series; plus some additional chase items; and a sell poster... HA! and Bazinga!"

I guess we have been promoted from "Hobby-ists" to "Collectors".
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #204 on: January 28, 2013, 02:14:51 PM »
Hobby boxes are generally sold to card and comic stores. While retail ends up in Walmart and targets.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #205 on: January 28, 2013, 05:21:25 PM »

Maybe the Wackys in the Collector's Edition are not actually stickers (just made to look like them with die-cuts) since they are produced only to be collected. Then they could have a Non-Collectors Edition wherein the stickers are made to be peeled off and stuck anyplace!

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #206 on: January 28, 2013, 06:41:56 PM »
Wow, this is becoming intense!  Please Topps don't make it too hard for completists to finish their sets.  God if I was OCD this would be a nightmare.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #207 on: January 28, 2013, 08:08:29 PM »
Wow, this is becoming intense!  Please Topps don't make it too hard for completists to finish their sets.  God if I was OCD this would be a nightmare.

Who's OCD?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #208 on: January 28, 2013, 09:10:52 PM »
Who's OCD?
For some reason, I have an obsessive, compelling need to respond to this question, but I'm not sure how.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #209 on: January 28, 2013, 09:30:36 PM »

anything