Author Topic: ANS10 - Spoilers  (Read 309427 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: ANS10 - Spoilers
« Reply #1435 on: July 21, 2013, 11:21:00 PM »
Brad I hate to break this to you, however the bid is at 152.00 and Leslie is the high bidder

Thanks! I thought she was done. Dang!

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #1436 on: July 22, 2013, 03:14:04 PM »
Yes, sorry her ID is F***9 (with her count).

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #1437 on: July 23, 2013, 08:06:48 AM »
My piss starts to boil when I'm watching an item and all of a sudden it the auction is ended by the seller because it is no longer available. Right. All that means is either the seller decided to keep it for him/herself or someone off of Ebay made an offer that would not be matched in an auction. Don't put the item up if you have zero intention of allowing the auction to reach completion.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #1438 on: July 23, 2013, 08:23:34 AM »
My piss starts to boil when I'm watching an item and all of a sudden it the auction is ended by the seller because it is no longer available. Right. All that means is either the seller decided to keep it for him/herself or someone off of Ebay made an offer that would not be matched in an auction. Don't put the item up if you have zero intention of allowing the auction to reach completion.

I agree. It gets to the point where I feel obligated to try to close out an auction for an item I really want for fear someone else will. Either let the auction go or post it with a high BIN.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #1439 on: July 23, 2013, 10:52:38 AM »
You must have been bidding on one of Matt Stocks Auctions

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #1440 on: July 24, 2013, 07:12:38 AM »

It's almost always when a side deal has been made off of ebay.  Do you normally place a bid on the item prior to it being pulled by the seller?  I have a personal policy to never close an auction down if there is at least one bid, so I think it helps to throw an early bid on an item of high interest just to show the seller there is interest in the item, and they might be less likely to close it for a side deal.   
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #1441 on: July 24, 2013, 03:03:42 PM »
I wouldn't know Matt Stocks from Diane Stocks but I'll make sure to add the specific Ebay name to my black list and even Jesus himself can't get someone taken off that list. Whether a listing gets a bid in the beginning or towards the end shouldn't matter in the least. Quite a few people test the waters before showing their hand and if you don't intend to keep the item available until the end, why even list it?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #1442 on: July 24, 2013, 03:13:23 PM »
I'll make sure to add the specific Ebay name to my black list and even Jesus himself can't get someone taken off that list.

Too funny :] :] At least you don't hold a grudge...LOL

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #1443 on: July 24, 2013, 03:29:07 PM »

. . . and even Jesus himself can't get someone taken off that list.

Saint Peter is gonna have a word with you when you get to the pearly gates      :-\ 

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #1444 on: July 25, 2013, 06:28:05 AM »
Whether a listing gets a bid in the beginning or towards the end shouldn't matter in the least.

I disagree with that.  If you're into day 5 of a 7-day auction and you have zero bids, and let's say someone you are friend's with on the forum makes you an offer for it, most people would be more likely to shut the auction down thinking there's no interest in the item anyway, so no one will be affected by it.

It's certainly no guarantee, but I think you improve your odds by placing soe kind of bid early on, because there are others out there like me who won't close an auction if there are bids (unless of course my dog chews up the item).     

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline mping82

« Reply #1445 on: July 29, 2013, 06:21:52 AM »

Offline dth1971

« Reply #1446 on: July 30, 2013, 01:43:29 PM »
This week from July 29-August 3, 2013 Mark Parisi's Off the Mark comic strip is doing another Wacky Packages week, in today's July 30, 2013 Off the Mark strip is the original concept for the Wacky Packages ANS10 "Might Be Dog" entry: