Author Topic: ANS10 - Spoilers  (Read 309321 times)

Offline Joe G.

Re: ANS10 - Spoilers
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2013, 03:27:00 PM »
Not sure if this info was reported before but I just received the new Non-Sports update (we get it late on the West Coast) and the ANS 10 ad states:
1) Black and Red Ludlow Commemorative Parallels: So it seems the camels will be on the front of the card not the back.
2) Black Canvas Parallels:  I assume these are what the pre-order pages called "cloth stickers."
3) 1st ever iconic spokesperson autos:  Not sure who the iconic spokesperson could be and what the connection to Wackies would be.
4) Shaped Sketch Cards:  They did this previously for Garbage Pail Kids.  Could be cool.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2013, 04:35:02 PM »
I haven't really broke it down yet, but I ordered 12 collector boxes which I believe is equal to two cases (and 16 hobby boxes).  If I recall correctly, there's only one Lost Wacky title per 6 boxes, so I will be one short on those.  It also looks like I won't have any shot of completing the golds, black or red ludlows, or cloths.  In fact I won't even be close on most of them.  That's disappointing after ordering well over a grand in product!  It's fine if your intention is to resell, but as a collector it sucks.     
Spend 1K and don't get all the Lost Wacky's. That's tuff to deal with. I plan on buying 1 case if i can swing it financially. I will see if I can sell off the rarer items and end up buying the 2 Lost Wackys I didn't get with the proceeds. That's the plan for now.

Andrew

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2013, 05:17:11 PM »
Not sure if this info was reported before but I just received the new Non-Sports update (we get it late on the West Coast) and the ANS 10 ad states:
1) Black and Red Ludlow Commemorative Parallels: So it seems the camels will be on the front of the card not the back.
2) Black Canvas Parallels:  I assume these are what the pre-order pages called "cloth stickers."
3) 1st ever iconic spokesperson autos:  Not sure who the iconic spokesperson could be and what the connection to Wackies would be.
4) Shaped Sketch Cards:  They did this previously for Garbage Pail Kids.  Could be cool.
1) interesting take on that. I pictured blank-back cards with luds stamped on them, not Flashback style fronts.
2) the other sites mentioned both 'cloth' and 'black border' cards. Black Canvas would be a combo of the two. Wonder what's really happening?
3) iconic non-artist? wha?
4) both good and bad. it's kind of cool to see various shapes. although, is there any shape that really represents wackys? cans, bottles, boxes. camels?

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2013, 09:32:08 AM »
I feel the same way about the bonus cards and Lost Wackys.  They've made a number of specific titles ridiculously hard to get, and I shall not try.  I've refined my definition of 'collecting them all' with Wackys several times over the past few years, what with gold borders, autographs, and sketches, but have always been able to get one of every sticker/card title.  This will mark the first time I will not be able to do that with a Wacky set.

Topps should take a look at how Playmates Toys wrecked a great thing with their "1701" limited Star Trek figures.  There's a lesson to be learned there..........

I agree. For the first time Topps has taken steps to break the collector's backs. Prior to the gold sets, there was probably at least 100 people shooting to collect every ANS series, every bonus card, and every chase set. Then along came the gold sets, and only about 5 people (at first), were still attempting that feat. Now it's probably down to 1-3 people. And now they've made Ludlow back sets nearly impossible to complete, and they've also created bonus stickers that are going to be so rare that they will probably steady out at around $100-200 a piece, depending on what titles they are of course. If they are never before seen Saunders Wackys, prices could be even higher. So Topps will now drive the amount of people that up until now collected every bonus sticker from around 100 people down to between 10-20 people. Once the collectors are no longer completists, that's when the real sales trouble will start for Topps. I see the ANS10 collectors cases possibly being a gigantic flop for Topps as well as anyone that invests in multiple thousands of dollars in them (like clint and cardgarys).

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2013, 10:12:26 AM »
Once the collectors are no longer completists, that's when the real sales trouble will start for Topps.

That's exactly what is happening for me with ANS10.  I'll spend less on this series than any other and will have a bit of bitter taste in my mouth.  I never cared about things like gold borders, but was happy to sell the one or two I got and reinvest the cash in more cards.  Now, I'm just not up for getting a second job and spending so much time trying to get a full set (whatever that entails).  I can't see this ending well for Wackys.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2013, 12:14:52 PM »
That's exactly what is happening for me with ANS10.  I'll spend less on this series than any other and will have a bit of bitter taste in my mouth.  I never cared about things like gold borders, but was happy to sell the one or two I got and reinvest the cash in more cards.  Now, I'm just not up for getting a second job and spending so much time trying to get a full set (whatever that entails).  I can't see this ending well for Wackys.

So do people think this whole emphasis on chase items with ANS10 is a way to "celebrate" making it to ten releases and then things will fall back into a more traditional pattern? Is this the last hurrah for the "ANS" designation before a reboot to something like "BNS" (Brand New Series) like they did with Garbage Pail Kids? I could tolerate (that may be too strong a word)  this better if I knew it was more of a one-time emphasis rather than a hint of things to come.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2013, 12:34:48 PM »
So do people think this whole emphasis on chase items with ANS10 is a way to "celebrate" making it to ten releases and then things will fall back into a more traditional pattern? Is this the last hurrah for the "ANS" designation before a reboot to something like "BNS" (Brand New Series) like they did with Garbage Pail Kids? I could tolerate (that may be too strong a word)  this better if I knew it was more of a one-time emphasis rather than a hint of things to come.
I think it is a way for Topps to see how much money they can collect on Wackys. It would be nice if it were a "one-time only" thing, but I have my doubts on that. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm not participating in the madness. May find a base set, puzzle and/or other "common" things on ebay or the forum, but Topps will not be obtaining a dime from me directly on ANS10.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2013, 01:31:05 PM »
and they've also created bonus stickers that are going to be so rare that they will probably steady out at around $100-200 a piece, depending on what titles they are of course.

That's what I don't like. Making the gold border odds so high is one thing. Doing that with bonus stickers, which are a unique part of the series is another. Bad move Topps.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2013, 04:40:30 PM »
So Topps will now drive the amount of people that up until now collected every bonus sticker from around 100 people down to between 10-20 people. Once the collectors are no longer completists, that's when the real sales trouble will start for Topps. I see the ANS10 collectors cases possibly being a gigantic flop for Topps as well as anyone that invests in multiple thousands of dollars in them (like clint and cardgarys).

I doubt this move will hurt Topps sales due to:

The increase in sales due to Gauranteeing a Sketch/Plate/Auto/ Buyback in every box. That's new and yes they cost more but you won't buy 300 packs and not get a sketch. So that may bump sales up a bit. Since the Bonus cards are 1 per box they won't be too expensive to acquire on Ebay. So that really leaves the Lost Wacky Three Card set as the change this time around. If they cost $200 each on Ebay ; yes not too many will go for a set. But most people will be able to get a base set/ Bonus cards/ Tatoos / Magnets and Billboards.  If a certain person buys a whole lot of cases to get sketches and then throws sets up on the bay for low prices we might all benefit. 

Andrew

Offline dth1971

« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2013, 06:38:59 PM »
When is the Feb. Previews slated to come out? Not on Monday due to Martin Luther King's birthday observence (and the day of President Obama's second term inaguration).

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2013, 11:56:07 PM »
I doubt this move will hurt Topps sales due to:

The increase in sales due to Gauranteeing a Sketch/Plate/Auto/ Buyback in every box. That's new and yes they cost more but you won't buy 300 packs and not get a sketch. So that may bump sales up a bit. Since the Bonus cards are 1 per box they won't be too expensive to acquire on Ebay. So that really leaves the Lost Wacky Three Card set as the change this time around. If they cost $200 each on Ebay ; yes not too many will go for a set. But most people will be able to get a base set/ Bonus cards/ Tatoos / Magnets and Billboards.  If a certain person buys a whole lot of cases to get sketches and then throws sets up on the bay for low prices we might all benefit. 

Andrew

Wishful thinking.....

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2013, 03:24:38 AM »
Wishful thinking.....

More like realization that one person can make a big difference in what the market will pay for sets. Right now there is an auction up of OS4 with all 3 card backs , all 12 baseball cards..168 cards for $49. The seller has 10 of these sets available.  These sets were $129 at first ...leveled off at $89 for awhile...then dropped like a rock once this person started dropping the price to move sets quickly. Great for us as collectors. Not great for other dealers but thats life.

I think if there are sweet sketches in ANS10 the same thing will happen again.  Now yes I know ALL OS4 boxes have a sketch and they cost $52.. where ANS10 boxes MAY have a sketch and they cost $70 but I still think this will occur.

Andrew

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2013, 06:15:03 AM »
When is the Feb. Previews slated to come out? Not on Monday due to Martin Luther King's birthday observence (and the day of President Obama's second term inaguration).
as listed in the December previews, the February issue comes out on Wed. 1/30.
They are always delivered on Wednesdays, like comic books.

but no need to wait. the electronic version is online already.

guess what?

NO Wacky Packs listed.

topps completely missed the boat on getting ANS10 into Previews.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2013, 12:30:01 PM »
So do people think this whole emphasis on chase items with ANS10 is a way to "celebrate" making it to ten releases and then things will fall back into a more traditional pattern?

no

I am trying to eat lunch and that really made me laugh

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2013, 04:03:42 PM »
Is anyplace pre-selling the collector boxes/ cases?
Andrew

Offline dth1971

« Reply #155 on: January 19, 2013, 07:16:02 PM »
as listed in the December previews, the February issue comes out on Wed. 1/30.
They are always delivered on Wednesdays, like comic books.

but no need to wait. the electronic version is online already.

guess what?

NO Wacky Packs listed.

topps completely missed the boat on getting ANS10 into Previews.

Looks like I will have to pre-order ANS10 somewhere on line...but where?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2013, 02:55:28 AM »
So it looks like Potomac had pre-orders for Collector Boxes and cases but has stopped for the time being.

Any other leads on Pre-ordering?  Someone must have a source they can reveal.   :)  This release challenges the wallet AND the mind.

Andrew

Offline dth1971

« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2013, 04:49:01 AM »
Has Previews been sensistive about listing Wacky Packages ANS preorders?

Maybe the ANS10 March release might be test market like ANS2 and ANS 3 were.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #158 on: January 21, 2013, 03:46:43 AM »
Is it correct that Potomac had the Collector 6 box cases for $399 for pre-order for awhile or was it just the 8 box retail case that they currently have up for pre-sale. I thought I saw the 6 box case for that price a few weeks ago. I know they don't have it now. Looking to buy a case , hopefully for less than $499. I still can't find any OLD that has cases of the collector boxes on pre-order currently. I know Blowout cards will have them again soon.

Andrew

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: January 21, 2013, 04:43:21 AM »
Is it correct that Potomac had the Collector 6 box cases for $399 for pre-order for awhile or was it just the 8 box retail case that they currently have up for pre-sale. I thought I saw the 6 box case for that price a few weeks ago. I know they don't have it now. Looking to buy a case , hopefully for less than $499. I still can't find any OLD that has cases of the collector boxes on pre-order currently. I know Blowout cards will have them again soon.

Andrew

I saw the Collector cases there for $399.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #160 on: January 23, 2013, 04:45:39 PM »
Still looking to pre-order the collector boxes.  Any insight???

Andrew

Offline dth1971

« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2013, 06:38:59 AM »
I just pre-ordered an ANS10 hobby boy for $52 from Potomac Distribution.

When will there be an ANS10 pleminary checklist?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2013, 10:15:48 AM »
I just pre-ordered an ANS10 hobby boy for $52 from Potomac Distribution.

When will there be an ANS10 pleminary checklist?

I recently realized that there's really no rare chasers in the Hobby boxes.  It looks like the blue borders are unique to the Hobby boxes, but they should be pretty common, so the portion of my order that was placed on the Hobby boxes to me is pretty much a complete waste of money.  I was wrongly assuming that the Hobby boxes would have the typical golds and sketch cards. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #163 on: January 24, 2013, 12:36:05 PM »
I recently realized that there's really no rare chasers in the Hobby boxes.  It looks like the blue borders are unique to the Hobby boxes, but they should be pretty common, so the portion of my order that was placed on the Hobby boxes to me is pretty much a complete waste of money.  I was wrongly assuming that the Hobby boxes would have the typical golds and sketch cards. 

Each series, one of my persistent questions is > how do the various type boxes differ in content? It seems like the answer can change from series to series. I see a smattering of info here and there. A summary would be helpful. Especially if an item is exclusive to a box type, for example, the blue borders in Hobby Boxes. If complete-ists need to apply for a second home mortgage, they need to know what’s up.

As far as shaped sketch cards, I am not a fan of the concept. Same for shaped cards and postcards. I’d vote for adding glue, glitter, and sequinse on cards before changing from the rectangle format. I thought some of the coffin shaped Halloween Postcard images were reduced a bit vertically due to their shape. I prefer every square inch of real estate to be spent on the image.     

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #164 on: January 24, 2013, 12:39:13 PM »
Each series, one of my persistent questions is > how do the various type boxes differ in content? It seems like the answer can change from series to series. I see a smattering of info here and there. A summary would be helpful. Especially if an item is exclusive to a box type, for example, the blue borders in Hobby Boxes. If complete-ists need to apply for a second home mortgage, they need to know what’s up.

As far as shaped sketch cards, I am not a fan of the concept. Same for shaped cards and postcards. I’d vote for adding glue, glitter, and sequinse on cards before changing from the rectangle format. I thought some of the coffin shaped Halloween Postcard images were reduced a bit vertically due to their shape. I prefer every square inch of real estate to be spent on the image.     

I agree, a detailed list would be good.  I have info on the Hobby and Collector boxes but nothing on the Retail boxes or anything else.

My order mistake was on me though.  I had the breakdown before the order and was in a rush to meet the deadline, and didn't go over the info carefully enough.  Sounds like the Hobby boxes are mainly for the kids who don't necessarily collect the rare chasers, or the adult collector who is satisfied with just the base sets, but for someone like me it really doesn't make sense to order the Hobby boxes.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #165 on: January 24, 2013, 12:50:02 PM »
If for ANS 10 the retail boxes lacked Sketches and Golds that would be the end of pack searchers.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #166 on: January 24, 2013, 02:04:46 PM »
Sounds like the Hobby boxes are mainly for the kids who don't necessarily collect the rare chasers, or the adult collector who is satisfied with just the base sets, but for someone like me it really doesn't make sense to order the Hobby boxes.

I've been assuming Hobby boxes were for the serious hobbiest who wants a shot at pulling chasers and extras.

I guess being wrong is a hobby of mine   

Offline dth1971

« Reply #167 on: January 24, 2013, 02:06:28 PM »
How much do you think a single ANS10 Collector Pack would cost? $4? $5?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #168 on: January 24, 2013, 02:27:35 PM »
How much do you think a single ANS10 Collector Pack would cost? $4? $5?

I'm thinking probably at least $5.00 retail.  $3.50 - $4.00/pack is close to the wholesale/dealer price.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #169 on: January 24, 2013, 02:28:22 PM »
I believe there will only be two formats. Hobby and Collector. Hobby will be at retail and on Topps site. No  plates/ autos / buybacks/ Lost Wackys/ Bonus Cards/ Billboards /in the Hobby but they will have Sketches/Magnets / Tattoos / Golds/ Silvers/ Blues. The Collector boxes will have the Sketches / Plates/ Autos / Buybacks /Lost Wackys / Bonus cards/ Golds/ Cloth/ Reds/ Blacks/ Ludlow Red/ Ludlow Black and will not be sold by Topps online (confirmed on the phone this week). I am guessing Collector boxes will not be at retail since the billboards are packed in the boxes/ not in the packs. That would mean Collector boxes wiould only be sold through online dealers.

Andrew

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #170 on: January 24, 2013, 02:32:19 PM »
If you only buy the Collectors boxes will you miss out on anything in the hobby boxes, ?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #171 on: January 24, 2013, 02:37:43 PM »
I believe there will only be two formats. Hobby and Collector. Hobby will be at retail and on Topps site. No  plates/ autos / buybacks/ Lost Wackys/ Bonus Cards/ Billboards /in the Hobby but they will have Sketches/Magnets / Tattoos / Golds/ Silvers/ Blues. The Collector boxes will have the Sketches / Plates/ Autos / Buybacks /Lost Wackys / Bonus cards/ Golds/ Cloth/ Reds/ Blacks/ Ludlow Red/ Ludlow Black and will not be sold by Topps online (confirmed on the phone this week). I am guessing Collector boxes will not be at retail since the billboards are packed in the boxes/ not in the packs. That would mean Collector boxes wiould only be sold through online dealers.

Andrew

So you were told that the Hobby boxes WILL include the golds and sketch cards?  That would make me much happier if that's the case.  The info my dealer provided me doesn't mention sketches or golds in the Hobby boxes.  It says the following..........

Each box contains eight (8) stickers + one (1) Blue Parallel + one (1) Awful App per pack. Inserts replace a base card.
All New Series 10 Trading Card Set
55 new hand-painted parodies
• (27) Card backs feature a mix of 9-card puzzles
• (27) Card backs feature new Wacky Billboard and
Movie poster advertisements and Wacky product coupons
19 Special Themed subsets
• (10) Awful Apps
• (9) As Screamed on TV
25 additional cards deliver gags with fun twists
• (10) Magnet cards– our most attractive Wackies yet!
• (10) Tattoos– these laughs will stick with you for a long time!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #172 on: January 24, 2013, 02:38:39 PM »
If you only buy the Collectors boxes will you miss out on anything in the hobby boxes, ?

Sounds like the blue parallels will NOT be in the Collector packs.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #173 on: January 24, 2013, 03:14:12 PM »
So you were told that the Hobby boxes WILL include the golds and sketch cards?  That would make me much happier if that's the case.  The info my dealer provided me doesn't mention sketches or golds in the Hobby boxes.  It says the following..........

Each box contains eight (8) stickers + one (1) Blue Parallel + one (1) Awful App per pack. Inserts replace a base card.
All New Series 10 Trading Card Set
55 new hand-painted parodies
• (27) Card backs feature a mix of 9-card puzzles
• (27) Card backs feature new Wacky Billboard and
Movie poster advertisements and Wacky product coupons
19 Special Themed subsets
• (10) Awful Apps

The link which is early in this thread provided breakdown of Hobby and Collector boxes. That's where I got the info I posted.

Andrew
• (9) As Screamed on TV
25 additional cards deliver gags with fun twists
• (10) Magnet cards– our most attractive Wackies yet!
• (10) Tattoos– these laughs will stick with you for a long time!

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #174 on: January 24, 2013, 04:31:46 PM »
I saw the Collector cases there for $399.

I saw that too and now wonder if I should have gone ahead and ordered a case or 2 - hope my window of opportunity didn't disappear!
What am I saying - am sure they'll want all of our monies....
Alex

anything