Author Topic: ANS 10 - release date  (Read 6807 times)

Offline crackedjerk

ANS 10 - release date
« on: November 16, 2012, 08:22:17 PM »
According to the Non-Sport Update website, Wacky ANS10 is set for a March '13 release:

http://www.nonsportupdate.com/upcomingreleases.htm

It also lists Old School 4 as November.  And has a "Batman Classic TV set" for next summer.  In addition to these sets, I'm also really looking forward to the Marvel Bronze Age set in December. 

Offline Pupsi-Cola

Re: ANS 10 - release date
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 08:53:30 PM »
According to the Non-Sport Update website, Wacky ANS10 is set for a March '13 release:

It also lists Old School 4 as November.  And has a "Batman Classic TV set" for next summer.  In addition to these sets, I'm also really looking forward to the Marvel Bronze Age set in December. 

Thank you Tom for the NSU link, Looking forward to the ANS 10 next year and the summer "13" release of the classic Batman set, But especially anticipating OS 4. Looking forward to seeing a pic. of the green box.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 09:29:53 PM »
I'll be the first to say I don't believe for one second that March is correct.

maybe a March listing in Previews for a July release.

and GPK for March as well? set 1 just came out last month!

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 07:06:15 AM »
I'll be the first to say I don't believe for one second that March is correct.

maybe a March listing in Previews for a July release.

and GPK for March as well? set 1 just came out last month!

March is achievable. A lot of work has been done. Maybe it's a callback to the breakneck release schedules of yesteryear?

Offline dth1971

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 11:26:39 AM »

Hope the December 2012 or January 2013 Previews show a few ANS10 entries.

And a Batman Classic TV Series card set? Even when despite the 1960's Batman reruns on Me TV and The Hub, there's still a grudge and red tape between Warner Bros. (owners of the Batman character run in the Time Warner owned D.C. Comics) and 20th. Century Fox that is keeping out releasing the 1960's Batman TV series on DVD! Blame it on former Batman turned Family Guy Quahog mayor Adam West!

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 11:49:19 AM »
Hope the December 2012 or January 2013 Previews show a few ANS10 entries.
they are not in the December Previews.
if they are really a March release, they will be in the January issue.

Offline Beanball

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 07:16:53 PM »

So much new stuff. My head is spinning. Wow.
I'm gonna start waiting tomorrow for OS4. Is it too soon to wait?

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 07:11:18 AM »
So much new stuff. My head is spinning. Wow.
I'm gonna start waiting tomorrow for OS4. Is it too soon to wait?

It's never too soon to wait.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 11:35:14 AM »

It's never too soon to wait.

Unless it becomes too late to wait (e.g. I would not wait for ANS8 any more at this point).  ;)
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline paste_anyplace

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 02:31:04 PM »
...and GPK for March as well? set 1 just came out last month!

GPK BNS2 and Wacky ANS10 were developed simultaneously, aiming for the same on sale date. Here's a preview for the GPK set:

http://www.beckett.com/news/2012/11/first-look-garbage-pail-kids-brand-new-series-2/

Offline dth1971

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 03:17:10 PM »
GPK BNS2 and Wacky ANS10 were developed simultaneously, aiming for the same on sale date. Here's a preview for the GPK set:

http://www.beckett.com/news/2012/11/first-look-garbage-pail-kids-brand-new-series-2/

Keep in touch when we can see at least 1 ANS10 preview.

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 04:05:34 PM »

holy crap! topps plans 2 new GPK's in 2013? they are really stepping up production.
I wonder if that means Wacky ANS 11 next fall as well???  :o :o

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 06:34:46 PM »

Interesting about the simultaneous sales date.  Any reason (that you know of) for that strategy?

I like the sound of the glow in the dark cards.  Kinda wish Topps would try that with Wackys.  And the 3d cards sound interesting as well, but I wonder if those are the luggage tags that Topps has used with Wackys.  I'd love to see either of those (or most any other "rare" cards) as a replacement for the pink bordered stickers!

Offline paste_anyplace

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 07:07:31 PM »
Interesting about the simultaneous sales date.  Any reason (that you know of) for that strategy?

I like the sound of the glow in the dark cards.  Kinda wish Topps would try that with Wackys.  And the 3d cards sound interesting as well, but I wonder if those are the luggage tags that Topps has used with Wackys.  I'd love to see either of those (or most any other "rare" cards) as a replacement for the pink bordered stickers!

I didn't hear a reason for the simultaneous release strategy. Fans who collect both will have to take out bank loans this spring. 

The recent GPK 3D and motion cards have been very well done and have not been in the luggage tag format.

An interesting wrinkle in the new GPK set is hobby-exclusive bonus cards. Meaning that there are something like 8 bonus cards that you can only find in hobby boxes. I haven't heard whether future Wackys will follow that lead.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2012, 09:53:58 AM »
I didn't hear a reason for the simultaneous release strategy. Fans who collect both will have to take out bank loans this spring. 

The recent GPK 3D and motion cards have been very well done and have not been in the luggage tag format.

An interesting wrinkle in the new GPK set is hobby-exclusive bonus cards. Meaning that there are something like 8 bonus cards that you can only find in hobby boxes. I haven't heard whether future Wackys will follow that lead.

Makes me glad to know I don't collect both series.  My bank account couldn't take it!

Are you saying that 3D and motion cards are two separate series?  I guess I thought those terms interchangable.  Perhaps they are but just wanted to check.  And good for GPK for NOT making them in the luggage tag format!

I'm glad that Wackys haven't had 8 bonus cards only available in hobby boxes.  Well, I guess I hope that if only one card were available per box.  If buying one hobby box pretty much assured me of getting the extras, that would be fine by me.

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 10:16:49 AM »
Are you saying that 3D and motion cards are two separate series?  I guess I thought those terms interchangable.  Perhaps they are but just wanted to check.  And good for GPK for NOT making them in the luggage tag format!
3D and motion are two different things, although both have similar plastic prism surfaces.
viewmaster vs film-strip might be a good analogy
3D use a pair of pics to create a three-dimensional image.
Motion are a sequence of 2D images showing changes in the image,

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 12:56:35 PM »
3D and motion are two different things, although both have similar plastic prism surfaces.

Thanks for the explanation!  I like both ideas for Wackys as long as they are not in "luggage tag" format.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 06:06:58 PM »

You can also do a "semi" 3D lenticular motion. Just use 3D images that change in motion on a lenticular card. I always thought this would be great for Wacky inserts. Just render a Wacky Package in 3D (I've posted Weakies as an example previously), then rotate and use that short animation as the separate images in a lenticular. I could easily do the image rendering for Topps if they want ;)

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 08:51:40 PM »
Oh man, how about 3D cards composed of two separate cards that only make the 3D image when placed side-by-side (either portrait-portrait or landscape-landscape). You could do the blue-red thing there so you had to wear glasses to see it.

Now those would be a cool bonus set (18 cards to make a total of 9 3D "pairs")  :great:

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 10:27:56 PM »
Oh man, how about 3D cards composed of two separate cards that only make the 3D image when placed side-by-side (either portrait-portrait or landscape-landscape). You could do the blue-red thing there so you had to wear glasses to see it.

Now those would be a cool bonus set (18 cards to make a total of 9 3D "pairs")  :great:

Red/blue 3D doesn't work as side-by-side viewing. Just look at any of those images - the red/blue/gray ink is on the same image. You might be thinking of a stereogram, but then you'd need some sort of viewer to put the 2 pics together. Lenticular is a lot simpler ;)

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 06:16:57 AM »
Red/blue 3D doesn't work as side-by-side viewing. Just look at any of those images - the red/blue/gray ink is on the same image. You might be thinking of a stereogram, but then you'd need some sort of viewer to put the 2 pics together. Lenticular is a lot simpler ;)
don't even need a viewer - you just need to look at the images a certain way, "free viewing", and voilą, 3D.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 10:49:51 AM »

You're absolutely right on the red/blue not working as separate images - duh! - what I was thinking of (and obviously I was tired...) was the Viewmaster 3D effect with the two images side by side. Not sure if it would work. Also the old (1900's) black&white stereo photos that became 3D when viewed on that device (undoubtedly the precursor to the Viewmaster itself).

With these the cards would be just fine in 2D but if you then had the correct pair you could put them in the device (sold separately) and voila, 3D cards! :)

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 04:11:53 PM »
Red/blue 3D doesn't work as side-by-side viewing. Just look at any of those images - the red/blue/gray ink is on the same image.
red/green 3D could very easily work as side-by-side images - but there's no reason to as that defeats the whole purpose of being able to print two images (the 2 colors) on a single piece of paper (or film) and cutting costs. as long as you have to separate images, might as well go full color.