Author Topic: OS3 Bat Gap  (Read 2305 times)

Offline quas

OS3 Bat Gap
« on: November 06, 2012, 12:49:43 PM »
I'm trying to track down the mystery of the missing color Bat sketches from OS3.  For some of the OS3 characters, some of the artists drew two color sketches of the same character.  But for Bat there seem to be some real gaps.  Here's what I've been able to identify as having turned up for the various artists, with respect to color Bat sketches:

Engstrom - 2 (I believe this is all of them)
Walton - 1
Griffith - 1
BHOB - 1
Simko - 1
Wheaton - 1 (I believe he only did 1)
Zeleznik - 1
Kirscht - 0
Camera - 0
Smokin' Joe - 0
Zapata - 0 (but he did no color sketches for OS3)

Any insights as to the whereabouts of the "missing" ones - particularly Kirscht, Camera, and Smokin' Joe?

Marc
Marc

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: OS3 Bat Gap
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 03:58:41 PM »
That's a good question. We may never know. I think we only uncovered about 30 or so of OLDS 1 colors. I only saw a few of Cameras B&Ws that he posted on the forum. I've only seen one of Cameras Wacky Trax from the Halloween PC series.
I was really surprised when the color Paste 'em boy showed up from OLDS1. I had given up. We still don't know we're the other one is hiding either.
I know a few collectors have kept unopened boxes so they could still be in someone's closet. There are also other collectors that are not on the forum and don't sell on eBay.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 04:19:40 PM »
That's a good question. We may never know. I think we only uncovered about 30 or so of OLDS 1 colors. I only saw a few of Cameras B&Ws that he posted on the forum. I've only seen one of Cameras Wacky Trax from the Halloween PC series.
I was really surprised when the color Paste 'em boy showed up from OLDS1. I had given up. We still don't know we're the other one is hiding either.
I know a few collectors have kept unopened boxes so they could still be in someone's closet. There are also other collectors that are not on the forum and don't sell on eBay.

i have 6 UNOPENDED olds1 boxes...maybe there...any interested buyers...pls pm me...

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 04:27:20 PM »
i have 6 UNOPENDED olds1 boxes...maybe there...any interested buyers...pls pm me...

I'm not even gonna say how many unopened boxes i have, but its a few.

Offline Kook

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 06:41:21 PM »

I must have missed the olds1  color paste 'em boy. Do you have a scan or thread link?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 06:44:38 PM »
I must have missed the olds1  color paste 'em boy. Do you have a scan or thread link?

I bought it off eBay about a year or so ago. I'm traveling so I don't have access to a scan. It is on the poster.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 10:40:13 AM »
Maybe I have them all. I think I have 15 boxes unopened!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 02:34:03 PM »
i have 6 UNOPENDED olds1 boxes...

I just don't know how some of you do this!