Author Topic: Halloween Postcard 2012 Sketches - Spoilers!  (Read 67450 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Halloween Postcard 2012 Sketches - Spoilers!
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2012, 06:09:00 PM »
OMG! This is really nice. Brent knocked this one out of the park
eBay auction: #230869708012
These sketches are probably some of the best of any series. I can't wait until my shipment shows up. It's killing me because I don't know what I will pull so I can't bid. I love the monsters. This series was made for me :D

Offline Soremel

« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2012, 06:16:47 PM »
No color (of course), but I'm fairly pleased with my one and only sketch from this series.  Who's the artist on this one?

I'm just curious, today I received my limited set (in the shape of a coffin) and it did not come with the green insert and a sketch card like the one in the above photo. Did anyone find their green, hand-numbered inserts & sketches inside the black folder, or did I not get one with my set (that I stayed up to 12:15 am and paid $52.95 for?)
It is still shrink wrapped just as I found it when I opened the package. Any input is welcome as I have not opened it yet and I don't even know what number this set is.

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2012, 06:18:21 PM »
Here is a real beauty that Jason did.

Still looking for Series 17

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2012, 06:20:38 PM »
I'm just curious, today I received my limited set (in the shape of a coffin) and it did not come with the green insert and a sketch card like the one in the above photo. Did anyone find their green, hand-numbered inserts & sketches inside the black folder, or did I not get one with my set (that I stayed up to 12:15 am and paid $52.95 for?)
It is still shrink wrapped just as I found it when I opened the package. Any input is welcome as I have not opened it yet and I don't even know what number this set is.

I haven't gotten mine yet but from Pats comments she said the sketch is in the shrink wrapped folder so it sounds like you have to open it to see the shrink wrapped sketch.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2012, 06:23:31 PM »
I haven't gotten mine yet but from Pats comments she said the sketch is in the shrink wrapped folder so it sounds like you have to open it to see the shrink wrapped sketch.
My sketch was visible through the skrink wrap, but like Brad says, Pat's was inside the folder.  So it sounds as though you shouldn't despair!

Offline Soremel

« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2012, 06:28:49 PM »
My sketch was visible through the skrink wrap, but like Brad says, Pat's was inside the folder.  So it sounds as though you shouldn't despair!

Thank you, Brad & Elizabeth! I just got a powerful flashlight and can see some more shrink wrap inside the folder! I was getting cranky thinking I received a dud! I'm okay now, my wife got me in the neck with the blow darrrrt....  annnnd Iyam feeeling callllmer.....

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2012, 07:28:40 PM »
Thank you, Brad & Elizabeth! I just got a powerful flashlight and can see some more shrink wrap inside the folder! I was getting cranky thinking I received a dud! I'm okay now, my wife got me in the neck with the blow darrrrt....  annnnd Iyam feeeling callllmer.....

Ok the shrinkwrap is two-fold, an outside folder and an inside. I cannot see my sketches, and mine will remain unopened. (for now)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2012, 07:44:34 PM »
Ok the shrinkwrap is two-fold, an outside folder and an inside. I cannot see my sketches, and mine will remain unopened. (for now)

The man with a will of steel.  :great:  Mine were opened within 3 minutes.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2012, 07:46:47 PM »
Totally agree. This is great packaging for the sketches. No more scams on ebay!
You've lost me here. Neither the shrink wrap around the coffin nor the shrink wrap around the cards has anything that makes it different from any other shrink wrap ie no "topps" marking.  This looks like it would be extremely easy to re-shrink wrap.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2012, 07:52:16 PM »
I have a walton Creature sketch that I will trade to any of the completists out there.  As with all sets now, I am satisfied to get one that I like and so far the smokin joe and Kirsch witch and creature catch my eye.  I haven't opened my other two packs and probably won't at this point.  I will post a scan later in the week when I get access to a scanner if someone is interested.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2012, 08:55:05 PM »
You've lost me here. Neither the shrink wrap around the coffin nor the shrink wrap around the cards has anything that makes it different from any other shrink wrap ie no "topps" marking.  This looks like it would be extremely easy to re-shrink wrap.

I haven't received my sets yet so I thought you could see the sketch thru the cellophane. If that was true you couldn't scam anyone.

Offline ClubbedCanadian

« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2012, 09:51:37 PM »
OMG! This is really nice. Brent knocked this one out of the park
eBay auction: #230869708012

I'm not sure it will get the views or bids it deserves in the category it's listed in.
People that only search under "Trading Cards" or even the "Wacky Packages" Trading category will miss it.

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2012, 04:54:36 AM »
I haven't received my sets yet so I thought you could see the sketch thru the cellophane. If that was true you couldn't scam anyone.

True.  The whole coffin-shaped container is wrapped in cello.  You cannot see anything through this.  Then, all the contents inside the coffin are shrink wrapped as well.  There is a flap over everything.  Open the fap and the first thing you see inside the second set of cello is the sketch card.  So you can see the sketch card without opening the cello for the innards.  So I guess the three artist bio cards are still a mystery at that point.
Still looking for Series 17

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2012, 05:32:05 AM »

I see what Ernie is saying, someone could re-wrap a set if they had the equipment, and since some sets have the sketch in the wrap around the postcards, inside the folder, those would be even easier for a scammer.  I'm hoping that such re-wraps will be noticeable, because of the odd shape, but who knows.  Anything is better than what Topps did with series 7!

At the show Saturday I asked Mike J. why they didn't use Topps cellophane, and he told me it was because the company doing the packing could only feed the wrap in from one direction, which would have resulted in the Topps logo being inverted.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2012, 07:30:37 AM »
I see what Ernie is saying, someone could re-wrap a set if they had the equipment, and since some sets have the sketch in the wrap around the postcards, inside the folder, those would be even easier for a scammer.  I'm hoping that such re-wraps will be noticeable, because of the odd shape, but who knows.  Anything is better than what Topps did with series 7!

At the show Saturday I asked Mike J. why they didn't use Topps cellophane, and he told me it was because the company doing the packing could only feed the wrap in from one direction, which would have resulted in the Topps logo being inverted.

I think it's best to buy from someone you know and avoid ebay. I'm not sure how many people own shrink wrap machines but I'm not one of them...LOL

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2012, 07:32:14 AM »
I see what Ernie is saying, someone could re-wrap a set if they had the equipment, and since some sets have the sketch in the wrap around the postcards, inside the folder, those would be even easier for a scammer.  I'm hoping that such re-wraps will be noticeable, because of the odd shape, but who knows.  Anything is better than what Topps did with series 7!

I know there must be something more technical to this than meets the eye, but a simple "flip it over first" would "seem" to suffice.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 07:55:58 AM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2012, 08:03:33 AM »
I echo Brad's thoughts as well. I would avoid purchasing any opened sets from Ebay.  I have purchased some postcard sets in the past from Ebay and I am sure they were tampered with.  I can't prove it but I have my suspicions due to the fact that I got awful sketches.  If you see someone selling great sketches along with unopened sets at the same time, it is a good bet that the opened sets will contain a dud of a sketch. 

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2012, 08:23:39 AM »
                                                                                                         MY SETS HAVE ARRIVED           #115

"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2012, 09:19:38 AM »
Hi guys,

That's correct! Colin contributed sketch cards to the sets, making a total of 10 artists! I think you'll really enjoy the variety of different artists on this series!

Does that mean there are 10 bio cards?????

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2012, 10:07:13 AM »
Does that mean there are 10 bio cards?????

There are only 9 artist cards (3 sets of 3), but 10 artists did sketches, and some of the artists who have artist cards didn't do sketches.  Confused? 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2012, 10:12:53 AM »
What a beauty!

« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2012, 10:15:23 AM »
What a beauty!

I DON'T KNOW   WHAT IS ALL THOSE WHITE SPECKS AT THE TOP?                                       SERIOUSLY          CONGRATULATIONS
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2012, 10:29:04 AM »
This is a great Camera sketch! Couldn't be happier!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2012, 10:33:03 AM »
How about a Simko combo!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2012, 02:56:56 PM »
How about a Simko combo!

Are you kidding me?! These are your 3 pulls?

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2012, 03:14:14 PM »
Here's the 3 sketches I got. No colored but got a combo. The Camera werewolf is the coolest of the bunch.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2012, 03:17:22 PM »
I'm thrilled with my Halloween sketch card pulls -- delighted! I still haven't figured out how to keep the edges of the scans from cutting off, but you can see the whole thing when you click on the image.

That's awesome that you got 2 colored sketches. It truly couldn't have happened to a nicer person!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2012, 03:41:54 PM »
Are you kidding me?! These are your 3 pulls?
Yes, pretty nice!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2012, 05:13:33 PM »
OK, who's ready for more sketch cards?! Here's some samples I drew for the set (including a few subsets sketches)!

Enjoy!
Neil

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2012, 05:22:38 PM »
OK, who's ready for more sketch cards?! Here's some samples I drew for the set (including a few subsets sketches)!

Enjoy!
Neil
great stuff!!
crossing my fingers that I can any 1 of the them when my packs show up.
but would really love that Bots n Plots

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2012, 05:30:28 PM »
Nice job, Neil!  I haven't gotten my one set yet, but there are plenty there I'd be more than thrilled to get!

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2012, 05:45:22 PM »

Enjoy!
Neil

WOW! Great group of sketches. I just pulled the "VOTE! Or I'll hunt you down" (3rd group. Top right) It is awesome! I always seem to pull sketches by Neil. No complaints, they are always super cool. I love the Wacky Racers sub group. . This postcard set is a whole new level of brilliant. I can't get over how cool everything is in the set. Bravo to everyone to all who made it and to us who get to enjoy them.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2012, 06:09:12 PM »

Enjoy!
Neil

Ever feel like you're going to cry in the presence of great things?

« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2012, 06:13:33 PM »
IF i could have pulled 1 from the bottom 6 i would have kept it thus doubling my sketch collection

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2012, 06:27:17 PM »

Enjoy!
Neil

Wow you did a bunch of awesome sketches!