Author Topic: Halloween Postcard 2012 Sketches - Spoilers!  (Read 67640 times)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
Re: Halloween Postcard 2012 Sketches - Spoilers!
« Reply #210 on: November 05, 2012, 09:42:44 AM »
They have said you are a total turn off to sketch collecting

OK this part I don't get, because Brad has always expressed his excitement about sketches and has mentioned on more than one occasion how sketches are a big part of his collecting lately. Maybe I missed something? If he is super excited about sketches, wouldn't that promote sketch collecting, not deter it?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #211 on: November 05, 2012, 09:45:35 AM »
I guess by "this hobby" you mean specifically the hobby of collecting wacky sketches, because that's the only thing an asking price for a sketch would reflect upon. I don't usually think of wacky sketch collecting as its own separate hobby, but evidently it has that elevated status to you.

No, I meant 'this hobby' as Wacky Packages. All inclusive. Ern thinks that because I commented on his auction that I'm now the expert on sketches. I only commented on Ern's sketch auction because he was compelled to post his auction in the sketch spoiler thread and tell everyone how he likes to screw over ebay. Why not post his auction in the for sale category?

I'm surprised at what some of the sketches are selling for over the last couple days. $350 for a b&w sketch. I would have never predicted these prices. I'm also surprised that the LE PC's and TS16 bonus cards aren't selling that well on ebay. I've been trying to sell both for $12 with no takers.

Ern said I didn't take into consideration he was selling the whole LE PC set, bonus card, (3) bio's, & a sketch. Well, he's selling a $10 sketch, LE PC set and bonus that won't even sell for $12 and (3) bio cards that no one knows what they are so it can't help someone finish off their bio set. He seemed to think that a good starting value for all of that was $200. He later reduced it to $100 but still no takers. I don't know why? A guy that knows the hobby should know what to sell his products at. I don't know the value of my sketches so I put them up as auction style. That's the true way to gauge the market. I know, I know, he wants to screw ebay and not pay fees. We get it!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #212 on: November 05, 2012, 10:01:00 AM »
OK this part I don't get, because Brad has always expressed his excitement about sketches and has mentioned on more than one occasion how sketches are a big part of his collecting lately. Maybe I missed something? If he is super excited about sketches, wouldn't that promote sketch collecting, not deter it?

I ooze enthusiasm for sketches. He's just trying to come up with something because he got bent out of shape because of my comment about his auction. Everyone should go back and reread what I posted and see if my comment warranted a rebuttal of "you are clueless'. Even read what Swiski and DR Popper said after I posted about Ern's auction and still all I got was a 'you are clueless'. It could have been left alone but when you say I am clueless, when I really didn't say much to ignite a flame, that will get me a bit heated up.

I apologize to all forum members about the messages back and forth between Ern and me. It really should have never happened.
Here's a link:
http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=2527.msg51317#msg51317

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #213 on: November 05, 2012, 10:24:03 AM »
I apologize to all forum members about the messages back and forth between Ern and me.

Yikes!  I just finally had a chance to go back & read this thread after making a simple comment about the sketch cards a while ago, and saw the 'Frankenstorm' it created in its wake somehow.  Uh... not sure exactly how that happened.  But just to clarify, I wasn't trying to say that sketches aren't cool.  As an artist myself, and a collector of the original art to Wackys, GPK, etc., I'm a major enthusiast & appreciate how without the art, the card would never exist.  I probably should have been more specific with my off-the-cuff post in that what I don't understand is why the sketches are random poses of characters rather than something involving "product parody".  That's all. 

I totally see the value and fun in collecting 'sketch cards' themselves (and I like the bios on artists, etc., that some have).  But I guess a good analogy would be a "Baseball Superfreaks" sketch card of just a baseball, or bat.  They're known for cool monster faces, so without one, it seems incomplete.  An "Odd Rods" sketch of just a normal car and no monster, or maybe only a monster and no form of transportation depicted, would be another example.  So, my only point of confusion with the Wacky sketches is "Why are there no products or gags in the frame?"  If I saw them without knowing what they are... I would not know they were Wacky Packages.  That's all.  Sorry for creating a storm.

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #214 on: November 05, 2012, 10:35:08 AM »
                                                                   ALRIGHT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RESIGN,YOU CAN STAY ON THE FORUM
                                                                 SINCERELY                  DPV CO-ADMINISTRATOR TO THE ADMINISTRATOR
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #215 on: November 05, 2012, 10:52:34 AM »
I ooze enthusiasm for sketches. He's just trying to come up with something because he got bent out of shape because of my comment about his auction. Everyone should go back and reread what I posted and see if my comment warranted a rebuttal of "you are clueless'. Even read what Swiski and DR Popper said after I posted about Ern's auction and still all I got was a 'you are clueless'. It could have been left alone but when you say I am clueless, when I really didn't say much to ignite a flame, that will get me a bit heated up.

I apologize to all forum members about the messages back and forth between Ern and me. It really should have never happened.
Here's a link:
http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=2527.msg51317#msg51317
"He seemed to think that a good starting value for all of that was $200"

This is why you still warrant being called clueless....you earn this badge every time you post....at no point did I say it was a good value at $200.  At least show some class and repeat exactly what I DID say....and then you will see why you earned the clueless title!

Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #216 on: November 05, 2012, 10:56:38 AM »

Rather than my risking missing the mark with paraphrases, here are two quotes(had to slightly alter one as to not give away identity of the author):

"Ern, just wanted you to know that I agree completely with your assessment of Brad and his obsession with sketches. Just 'cause he has a lot of them doesn't make him "King Shit from Turd Island" when it comes to them."

"…I have to say...you nailed it in your posted comments. Most of your statements mirror my feelings exactly, especially his annoying desire to position himself
as "sketch king."

I agree with all of the people who wrote me, brad's obsession with prices of sketches is abrasive.  His calling out artists for subpar work is also abrasive.  Maybe his obession about sketch prices is because he is a salesman....who knows...
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #217 on: November 05, 2012, 10:59:26 AM »
I only commented on Ern's sketch auction because he was compelled to post his auction in the sketch spoiler thread and tell everyone how he likes to screw over ebay. Why not post his auction in the for sale category?
We can add another new reason as to why you attacked me.  You just make up new excuses each day???  This is now your 4th unique excuse....At least this excuse actually has merit.  Had you simply said the above and requested I move it to the for sale category, I would have happily obliged.  I had already stated the reason I put it in the sketch spoiler thread is because I was posting an image of a sketch...go see, it is all there in black and white for you to read....

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #218 on: November 05, 2012, 11:44:14 AM »
No, I meant 'this hobby' as Wacky Packages. All inclusive. 

So let's say Ernie has no idea of the value of a sketch produced two weeks earlier. That means he "doesn't know this hobby?" Wow.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #219 on: November 05, 2012, 12:00:43 PM »
So let's say Ernie has no idea of the value of a sketch produced two weeks earlier. That means he "doesn't know this hobby?" Wow.
Worse yet, brad also has no idea of values per his admission today that he can't sell the non sketch stuff and further complicated by the fact that in no way did I state my BIN represented value, in fact I stated I knew it DIDN'T represent the value and merely allowed me to take offers on ebay without the auction completing.....welcome to my world as created by brad. 

I am not sure which is more exciting, waiting for the new sketches with the next wacky packages release or waiting to see brad's next newly created excuse(which would be #5) on why he attacked me for my auction.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #220 on: November 05, 2012, 12:38:32 PM »
Hey Ern, I need a '73 Series 3 set with both Spits. How does $5 sound? You don't know any better, right?

C'mon, Brad, that was a silly thing to say...we all have our own ideas about value, but your statement was way over the top.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #221 on: November 05, 2012, 12:55:53 PM »
Hey Ern, I need a '73 Series 3 set with both Spits. How does $5 sound? You don't know any better, right?

C'mon, Brad, that was a silly thing to say...we all have our own ideas about value, but your statement was way over the top.
Ya, it was probably a bit over the top. I probably should have said a little out of touch. Ern has told me he doesn't collect Wacky's anymore so I'm sure he is out of touch with all the new stuff. This hobby is evolving all the time.

My beef is only with Ern and no one else. He likes to pick on people and be the school bully of the forum. I guess I got a bit heated by it.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #222 on: November 05, 2012, 01:36:31 PM »

"Ern, just wanted you to know that I agree completely with your assessment of Brad and his obsession with sketches. Just 'cause he has a lot of them doesn't make him "King Shit from Turd Island" when it comes to them."

"…I have to say...you nailed it in your posted comments. Most of your statements mirror my feelings exactly, especially his annoying desire to position himself
as "sketch king."

I think those are pretty funny. King Shit of Turd Island....HaHa :great:
I doubt I'll ever be sketch king. There are a few other collectors out there that have that title.
Check out my message under my avatar.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #223 on: November 05, 2012, 02:41:00 PM »
Ya, it was probably a bit over the top. I probably should have said a little out of touch. Ern has told me he doesn't collect Wacky's anymore so I'm sure he is out of touch with all the new stuff. This hobby is evolving all the time.

My beef is only with Ern and no one else. He likes to pick on people and be the school bully of the forum. I guess I got a bit heated by it.
You have your sequence of events backwards as usual....I listed an ebay auction and referenced it here.  No bullying, no attacking, nothing.  You started with the riduculing....if you don't like the reaction, that is your problem.  It is insulting for you to suggest I randomly bullied you with my ebay auction.  You have pretty much presented zero facts in regards to this latest event.  If you had some brewing issue that you just couldn't wait to get out of your system, at least admit it.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #224 on: November 05, 2012, 02:55:11 PM »
You have your sequence of events backwards as usual....I listed an ebay auction and referenced it here.  No bullying, no attacking, nothing.  You started with the riduculing....if you don't like the reaction, that is your problem.  It is insulting for you to suggest I randomly bullied you with my ebay auction.  You have pretty much presented zero facts in regards to this latest event.  If you had some brewing issue that you just couldn't wait to get out of your system, at least admit it.

I'm not going to sit here and piece together facts. This is a forum and not Perry Mason. This didn't just start because of the auction but it accelerated it. People have opinions about things and you seem to want to jump on them for various reasons. I'm not going to go back and find every instance but the latest was against Jason.
You even got after the guy that is trying to trade cards. You stated you had a reason but then you keep posting LOL.
It seems like you just like coming on the forum to stir something up.

Offline Liploc

« Reply #225 on: November 05, 2012, 04:19:41 PM »
Ernie is just smarter than you and has a lot more time on his hands.  You'd do well not to question his wisdom.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #226 on: November 05, 2012, 05:52:04 PM »
Does anyone read the posts in between the punches?

(now THIS is the forum I remember from the old days)

Offline bandaches

« Reply #227 on: November 05, 2012, 08:46:43 PM »
Ernie is just smarter than you and has a lot more time on his hands.  You'd do well not to question his wisdom.
LOL, now this is funny!  You could teach brad a thing or two about humor!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #228 on: November 05, 2012, 08:50:57 PM »
Does anyone read the posts in between the punches?

(now THIS is the forum I remember from the old days)
We put on the show just for you dude!  Normally I just sit back and watch brad's idiotic posts to others without chiming in but I had a little time with the storm creating down time and sure enough brad decided to target me with his stupidity so I fired back.  Soon I will go back to just reading posts like many others so we can watch brad dominate the forum with his "wisdumb".

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #229 on: November 05, 2012, 09:21:06 PM »
We put on the show just for you dude!  Normally I just sit back and watch brad's idiotic posts to others without chiming in but I had a little time with the storm creating down time and sure enough brad decided to target me with his stupidity so I fired back.  Soon I will go back to just reading posts like many others so we can watch brad dominate the forum with his "wisdumb".

WOW, are we 15 years old here? 'Wisdumb'? That's great! 'Targeting me with his stupidity'? Maybe it's just you are a dickhead. How bout that? I can't imagine actually knowing you personally. You spread your poison were ever you travel. You were so obnoxious that Greg finally banned you. Your negative attitude just spreads on every post. I can't believe you actually have friends on here that would stick up for you. That alone is a total FAIL! You even sent me a message back in 2010 that you felt arguing would help raise the rate of online users. You enjoy this. You know it and if anyone agrees with you it just feeds your fire. You are a bad person. I've tried to get along with you but you are so critical of people I just can't take it anymore. It's all bullshit.
Thanks for making this Turd Island!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #230 on: November 05, 2012, 09:35:18 PM »
LOL, now this is funny!  You could teach brad a thing or two about humor!

You're right it is humorous because I think when he said wisdom it was tongue and cheek for bullshit.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #231 on: November 05, 2012, 09:41:00 PM »
One last thing for Ern, why are you even on here? You don't even collect Wackys anymore. What are you adding to the forum? You could give a crap about any new release. You're just here to troll. I think you feel you are grandfathered in. If you don't collect anymore isn't there more interesting forums?
You're just a piece of work.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #232 on: November 05, 2012, 09:57:55 PM »
One last thing for Ern, why are you even on here? You don't even collect Wackys anymore. What are you adding to the forum? You could give a crap about any new release. You're just here to troll. I think you feel you are grandfathered in. If you don't collect anymore isn't there more interesting forums?
You're just a piece of work.
I bought three halloween packs and the color rough to Slayday but clearly that isn't up to you par of overnighting hoards of new stuff so you can rush it all to ebay to be first.....  I said I am cutting back on my collecting not that it is really any of your business nor is it a criteria for being here but your posts continue to show your true colors.  Just keep yapping away, the more you talk, the more people see who you are.  You started this recent banter, you had no business even commenting on my auction but you couldn't help yourself.  When you figure out why you couldn't control yourself, maybe you will be able to turn things around.  I doubt it, you have been a boob from day one when you flipped out about the series 16 reseals hitting ebay and your criticizing me for my approach in trying to figure out who was creating the reseals.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #233 on: November 06, 2012, 05:23:45 AM »
TIME OUT

okay
Ernie, go to your room
Brad, go sit in the corner facing the wall

and if I hear one more peep out of either of you, I'm turning this internet around and we can all go home

Offline weirdo1

« Reply #234 on: November 06, 2012, 05:39:15 AM »
TIME OUT

okay
Ernie, go to your room

and if I hear one more peep out of either of you, I'm turning this internet around and we can all go home

Aint it special how this all coincides with the election

Offline bandaches

« Reply #235 on: November 06, 2012, 07:43:29 AM »
TIME OUT

okay
Ernie, go to your room

LOL, I am taking it off line with brad. It will be up to him if he wants to continue on the public threads or attack future auctions of mine for any one of his now 5 reasons he has offered.

Offline Jason Brower

• jasonbrowerart.com
« Reply #236 on: November 29, 2012, 07:10:42 PM »
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say thanks for making my first time out into the world of Wackys a very enjoyable and fun one. I am looking forward to the release of Old School 4 very soon and hope you enjoy my offerings from that series as well. I collected Wackys as a kid in the 70's, so, this is a trip and an amazing experience being part of the world I loved so much then! Thanks again.

Jason

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #237 on: November 29, 2012, 07:12:44 PM »
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say thanks for making my first time out into the world of Wackys a very enjoyable and fun one. I am looking forward to the release of Old School 4 very soon and hope you enjoy my offerings from that series as well. I collected Wackys as a kid in the 70's, so, this is a trip and an amazing experience being part of the world I loved so much then! Thanks again.

Jason

Jason, that's awesome. I don't think anyone on here knew you were doing sketches for OLDS4.

Offline Jason Brower

• jasonbrowerart.com
« Reply #238 on: November 29, 2012, 07:19:11 PM »
Jason, that's awesome. I don't think anyone on here knew you were doing sketches for OLDS4.

Uh oh, well, I guess they do now, haha. Thanks, that was actually the first series I did. It just happened that the Halloween set came out first. I did about 345 sketches for OLDS 4.

anything