Author Topic: Topps Wacky Packages Halloween Postcards On Sale Wednesday!  (Read 60326 times)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Re: Topps Wacky Packages Halloween Postcards On Sale Wednesday!
« Reply #175 on: October 18, 2012, 12:29:29 PM »
Scot.......are they arriving on monday?

Pretty sure. I can't tell for certain since the tracking number doesn't show on UPS's system yet, but typically its 2 days from Topp's ship to Terre Haute. It would probably be Saturday if UPS delivered then but I know they keep moving freight on weekends. So pretty confident of a Monday delivery.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #176 on: October 18, 2012, 12:41:51 PM »
I just received a shipping notice, too.  I'm in New York City, and if they actually get onto a truck tonight, I should have mine tomorrow.  Least that's the typical turnaround from Topps.  One day.
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #177 on: October 18, 2012, 03:27:11 PM »
Hi Pat. I was just reviewing the master postcard list. It's great! Do you happen to have the original prices of the LE sets, when they went on sale (date & time) & estimation of how long they took to sell out? If not, maybe people could post any bits & pieces of info they may have to fill in the gaps.

Funny, I was reviewing the list this morning, and thinking I should include the original prices, which I definitely have.  Earlier this year I added info on dates and durations where I could find it, but I'll revisit it with this edit.  If anyone has details for me, please, feel free to send a PM.

Just checked my email, and I got a shipping notice at 4:10 pm - with luck, I'll have them tomorrow!!!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 03:38:31 PM by RawGoo »

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #178 on: October 18, 2012, 04:35:01 PM »
                                                   How much in price did the LE postcard sets go up this year,anybody remember perhaps $8 dollars
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #179 on: October 18, 2012, 04:45:51 PM »
                                                   How much in price did the LE postcard sets go up this year,anybody remember perhaps $8 dollars

The 2011 Halloween postcard set was $39.95.  Limited Edition Series 8 sets were $44.95, in March of this year.  The 2012 Halloween Limited Edition set is $52.95.

« Reply #180 on: October 18, 2012, 04:48:55 PM »
The 2011 Halloween postcard set was $39.95.  Limited Edition Series 8 sets were $44.95, in March of this year.  The 2012 Halloween Limited Edition set is $52.95.
So $13 dollars no wonder they're plenty of sets remaining
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2012, 04:58:12 PM »
So $13 dollars no wonder they're plenty of sets remaining

Also, with the regular set, binder and comic being released at the same time as the limited sets, people may be cutting back a bit on limited sets to account for the extra costs for the other items.  Last year the comic came out afterwards, and there were no binders or regular sets.

« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2012, 05:35:13 PM »
Also, with the regular set, binder and comic being released at the same time as the limited sets, people may be cutting back a bit on limited sets to account for the extra costs for the other items.  Last year the comic came out afterwards, and there were no binders or regular sets.
The regular set should be a nice option for a bunch of people,i will be sending 1 regular set up to Anders(idiotcomic).$13 dollars is too steep of a price increase from 1 year to the next for these LE sets and i bet the artists pay did not go up either.

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #183 on: October 18, 2012, 06:23:43 PM »
There are plenty of sets remaining because Topps is strictly enforcing their 3 set limit.  If Topps opened this it up to unlimited order quantities, the sets would sell out within 24 hours.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #184 on: October 18, 2012, 06:50:28 PM »
There are plenty of sets remaining because Topps is strictly enforcing their 3 set limit.  If Topps opened this it up to unlimited order quantities, the sets would sell out within 24 hours.
It won't happen. They want even distribution. It's only fair with an LE set because anyone could come in and buy them out and try and flip them all for twice the price. It would hurt their product because people will be upset and not buy them going forward. This would ultimately hurt Topps and the PC series overall. Not gonna happen.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #185 on: October 18, 2012, 06:50:31 PM »

It won't happen. They want even distribution. It's only fair with an LE set because anyone could come in and buy them out and try and flip them all for twice the price. It would hurt their product because people will be upset and not buy them going forward. This would ultimately hurt Topps and the PC series overall. Not gonna happen.

« Reply #186 on: October 18, 2012, 06:59:43 PM »
And what do you base this statement on?

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #187 on: October 18, 2012, 07:20:18 PM »
An educated guess and speculation.  When Topps did not have limits and released about 500 sets, they sold out within hours.  Granted the sets were a little cheaper than the current $53.00. I know at least ten collectors who would personally purchased at least 20 sets.  There are probably at least 10-15 dealers who would purchase the same amount.  This leaves about 266 sets for other collectors to purchase. Personally, I like what Topps is doing.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #188 on: October 18, 2012, 07:33:10 PM »

Plus I don't think it's really that important for Topps to sell out in 24 hours.  I'm sure they want to recoup their costs quickly but if it took 2 weeks that's not a big deal, and it gives the series a little more exposure on their website while it's live.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #189 on: October 18, 2012, 07:34:32 PM »
one wonders how we ever got past series 1

« Reply #190 on: October 18, 2012, 08:39:55 PM »
i feel topps is dialing in on that sweet spot where they keep the demand at the highest profit.  $35,264.70 is not bad for just the LE halloween postcard set.  cant blame topps for raising prices as long as there is a large demand.

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #191 on: October 18, 2012, 08:49:34 PM »
i feel topps is dialing in on that sweet spot where they keep the demand at the highest profit.  $35,264.70 is not bad for just the LE halloween postcard set.  cant blame topps for raising prices as long as there is a large demand.

I also suspect that this set may have been more expensive to produce this time.  The die-cut coffin cards are completely new, and now they have to run the regular versions separately.  There are also 9 artists involved this time, all of whom have to be paid for their respective contributions.  Personally I don't mind the upcharge as long as the sketch cards are high quality.  Based on the list of artists this time, I'm guessing that they will be.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #192 on: October 18, 2012, 10:39:08 PM »
one wonders how we ever got past series 1

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not but Topps is a business and they probably could care less if one person buys them all or 200. For them to only allow 3 sets per person helps even distribution. It makes sense  to keep people interested. I one or two people bought them all and sold them for twice the price people would move on and not purchase these at the higher price. Look at cardgary, who capitalized on the series one sets. What happened? He can't get the price he was hoping for. People won't give in.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #193 on: October 19, 2012, 04:18:05 AM »
My postcards are out for delivery as of 4:59 am!!!

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #194 on: October 19, 2012, 10:48:27 AM »
Hey gang.  My postcards have arrived.   Quick note - it appears that unlimited set IS the exact same as the one sold at NYCC.  Didn't expect that, based on what I read on the site, but I think that "Perrified" has also been corrected on the page at the Topps Shop. 

That M&M's parody IS a variant, but only a variant from the Limited Set.   The Unlimited is a parody of M&M's Peanut, the Limited set is a parody of M&M's plain.
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #195 on: October 19, 2012, 11:04:33 AM »

I got my shipping notification a couple hours ago so it looks like I will get mine on Monday.  That's fine since I'm going away for the weekend (show on Saturday) and if it came today I would probably miss it since I have to leave the house before the UPS driver usually shows, so it would sit on my stoop all weekend.  Sometimes the drivers leave my packages on the front side of my stoop where it doesn't quite get under my overhang, so on rainy days like today the packages can get soaked.

« Reply #196 on: October 19, 2012, 11:56:21 AM »
I got my shipping notification a couple hours ago so it looks like I will get mine on Monday.  That's fine since I'm going away for the weekend (show on Saturday) and if it came today I would probably miss it since I have to leave the house before the UPS driver usually shows, so it would sit on my stoop all weekend.  Sometimes the drivers leave my packages on the front side of my stoop where it doesn't quite get under my overhang, so on rainy days like today the packages can get soaked.
HEY                 WHAT IS YOUR ADDRESS ??

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #197 on: October 19, 2012, 12:01:08 PM »

Are you going to swing by and make sure the UPS driver didn't put the package in the rain?!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #198 on: October 19, 2012, 12:03:36 PM »

Nice try Swiper!

« Reply #199 on: October 19, 2012, 12:10:33 PM »
PHOOEY.......I WAS GONNA TAKE IN THE PATRIOTS vs JETS THEN EARLY MONDAY TAKE A RIDE TO SEE ALL OF THE FALL COLORS AND THEN SWING BY YOUR MANSION
                                                                                         LONG WEEKEND WRECKER(LWW)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 12:19:10 PM by deadpresidentsvisa »

« Reply #200 on: October 19, 2012, 01:35:14 PM »
                                                     Over 200 sets remaining a whole bunch of rule breakers must have had their orders cancelled !!

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #201 on: October 19, 2012, 01:36:59 PM »
Was a bit surprised by the $52 price tag, but if it means better quality art (i.e. they are paying the artists more/better -- an assumption on my part), then I'm into it!

I'm glad they did the binder and comic at the same time, otherwise we couldn't combine the shipping!  :great:

« Reply #202 on: October 19, 2012, 01:39:52 PM »
Look at cardgary, who capitalized on the series one sets. What happened? He can't get the price he was hoping for. People won't give in.
good point.  if you think about it, the buyers really dictate the price.  i hope people continue to not give in to any of the "ransom" like prices.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #203 on: October 19, 2012, 01:49:59 PM »
good point.  if you think about it, the buyers really dictate the price.  i hope people continue to not give in to any of the "ransom" like prices.

This is one of my points. Although Topps is corprate and drive us nutts, I would rather see them get more money. Topps gets more money, artists get more, we get better work. We have to pay for it, but if i have to pay a little more for better product i will.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #204 on: October 19, 2012, 03:09:16 PM »
, but I think that "Perrified" has also been corrected on the page at the Topps Shop.
not actually corrected, just changed to "pertrified". LOL.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #205 on: October 20, 2012, 01:28:38 PM »
Thanks Neil and everyone else involved for another fun Halloween Midnight Madness event!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #206 on: October 20, 2012, 01:53:02 PM »
Thanks Neil and everyone else involved for another fun Halloween Midnight Madness event!

(Image removed from quote.)

Yes, I want to add my thanks to all those involved.

And nice job on the animation, Duzn't!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #207 on: October 20, 2012, 02:04:18 PM »

And nice job on the animation, Duzn't!

I especially like how the items vaporize! 

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #208 on: October 20, 2012, 04:26:00 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Killer animation.  Also dig the pieces ghosting out at the end.  Nice touch.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #209 on: October 20, 2012, 06:12:50 PM »
Guess what? I just ordered from Topps.com in a new stock a standard Wacky Halloween 2012 Postcards set plus a Wacky Wizard of Odds w/Hunch comic. They should arrive to me next week!