Author Topic: Topps Wacky Packages Halloween Postcards On Sale Wednesday!  (Read 60328 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: Topps Wacky Packages Halloween Postcards On Sale Wednesday!
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2012, 05:03:16 AM »
guess it depends what you consider a "wrapper", but it looks like the LE set is in a coffin shaped envelope, or portfolio type thing.

Pocket Folder!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2012, 05:55:05 AM »
Ordered three of the L.E. Sets and one of the standard. 

Ordered the standard set, even though I did get a set at NYCC - but this one does appear to have a different M&M parody than either the Limited or the NYCC version.

Interesting! So the NYCC set has some variations from the LE and Topps Online versions?

Offline Playskull

« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2012, 05:57:30 AM »
I lived dangerously and bought 1 limited edition set this morning at 6 a.m.  I just couldn't stay awake until midnight Eastern time. Thank goodness I was able to get 1.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2012, 06:04:43 AM »
I lived dangerously and bought 1 limited edition set this morning at 6 a.m.  I just couldn't stay awake until midnight Eastern time. Thank goodness I was able to get 1.

Good gamble, there are still over 300 sets available. Perhaps Topps has this process figured out. Maybe next time we can all get to bed early!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2012, 06:08:29 AM »
Question: Is the LE postcard set in a "wax pack" like wrapper as the NYCC and 11.99  sets? It isn't clear form the description.

Online Kook

« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2012, 06:20:24 AM »
Good gamble, there are still over 300 sets available. Perhaps Topps has this process figured out. Maybe next time we can all get to bed early!

I checked with the shopping cart & got up to 226 left. qty 227 rejects. I think they figured it out by raising the prices & the qty produced. With that double zinger the sellout time is sure to stretch. If I remember the last postcard release took almost a week. I bet the ltd set will be available at the Philly show too at this rate.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2012, 06:27:26 AM »
I checked with the shopping cart & got up to 226 left. qty 227 rejects. I think they figured it out by raising the prices & the qty produced. With that double zinger the sellout time is sure to stretch. If I remember the last postcard release took almost a week. I bet the ltd set will be available at the Philly show too at this rate.

Hopefully, they haven't taken things too far. However, I much prefer the postcards are available for at least a few days or even weeks to getting shut out. Thank you, Topps, for watching out for us little guys!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2012, 06:28:34 AM »
Question: Is the LE postcard set in a "wax pack" like wrapper as the NYCC and 11.99  sets? It isn't clear form the description.

The Limited Edition set does not include a wrapper. The postcards are shrink wrapped inside the pocket folder.

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #148 on: October 18, 2012, 06:31:13 AM »

Good question.  I was wondering the same thing.  It would be really cool if they used a wax wrapper and folded it into a coffin shape.  That would be a first for Wacky packs!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #149 on: October 18, 2012, 06:47:27 AM »
Didn't someone have this problem recently? Try a different browser and see if that helps.

I tried to do my order on my iPad and I couldn't get the drop down menu to work since you have to hover your cursor over it to get it to drop down.  I was finally able to access the page after a couple Google searches, but I was close to having to get out of bed to do my order.  I guess the site isn't totally compatible with iPad's yet.   
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #150 on: October 18, 2012, 06:58:09 AM »
i don't see why not. Size or shape shouldn't really matter.

Not that anyone actually mails out the limited postcards, but in order to get the special "postcard rate" or mail as a "Letter-rate" from the USPS it needs to be rectangle.  Actually now that I am looking into it it couldn't mail as a "Flat" either because it has a minimum 6.125" x 11.5" size, so I guess technically it could not be mailed out in a die-cut shape.   
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #151 on: October 18, 2012, 07:00:24 AM »

Great points - increasing the price and a 666 run appears to have slowed the rush to buy.  Once people get the sets and start posting them or selling the sketches on ebay, that may ramp up enough buyers to sell it out.  I'm assuming that the sketches will be pretty amazing, as they seem to get better with every edition, so these should be awesome!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #152 on: October 18, 2012, 07:36:25 AM »
I tried to do my order on my iPad and I couldn't get the drop down menu to work since you have to hover your cursor over it to get it to drop down.  I was finally able to access the page after a couple Google searches, but I was close to having to get out of bed to do my order.  I guess the site isn't totally compatible with iPad's yet.
I used my iPad to order. You have to do a search instead of drop. Down.

Online Kook

« Reply #153 on: October 18, 2012, 07:40:32 AM »
Great points - increasing the price and a 666 run appears to have slowed the rush to buy.  Once people get the sets and start posting them or selling the sketches on ebay, that may ramp up enough buyers to sell it out.  I'm assuming that the sketches will be pretty amazing, as they seem to get better with every edition, so these should be awesome!

It seems they found a "value range" for the postcard release that they are comfortable with in regards to sell out time & not letting the resellers scoop the lions share of the value by having the qty produced too low. The last postcard release was 1000 @ $45 and took about a week to sell out. This release was 33% less in qty & 15% more in price.  The limits and bio card distribution within the set should keep collectors happy and give people who want to buy directly a chance to do so without having to resort to using ebay for their primary purchasing as opposed to buying additional or alternate sketches or completing bio sets.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 07:48:02 AM by Kook »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #154 on: October 18, 2012, 07:52:47 AM »
Ordered the standard set, even though I did get a set at NYCC - but this one does appear to have a different M&M parody than either the Limited or the NYCC version.
yep, this one has the misspelling 'pertrified' on it!  :]

Online Kook

« Reply #155 on: October 18, 2012, 07:54:18 AM »

Update: I just tried again to fill the cart and read the error message upon typing 227 qty. It's not that they have 226, but buying 227 puts the value over $12,000 which they say is their store limit. That means they have 226 or more sets still available. It may take several days to sell out at that rate just like the last release. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #156 on: October 18, 2012, 07:58:47 AM »
Not that anyone actually mails out the limited postcards, but in order to get the special "postcard rate" or mail as a "Letter-rate" from the USPS it needs to be rectangle.  Actually now that I am looking into it it couldn't mail as a "Flat" either because it has a minimum 6.125" x 11.5" size, so I guess technically it could not be mailed out in a die-cut shape.    
That was what I was thinking, that postcard rate is for a rectangle.  I agree, no one mails the limited postcards, so this is a non-issue.  For some reason these kinds of questions always seem to occur to me..........

Here's what Wacky collectors look like this morning

:a012:

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: October 18, 2012, 08:01:57 AM »
That was what I was thinking, that postcard rate is for a rectangle.  I agree, no one mails the limited postcards, so this is a non-issue.  For some reason these kinds of questions always seem to occur to me..........

Here's what Wacky collectors look like this morning
but what really makes it a postcard? I wouldn't restrict that to be the USPS definition

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #158 on: October 18, 2012, 08:05:22 AM »

666 Halloween PC sets printed?!

LOL, that seems so Old School!   >:D

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #159 on: October 18, 2012, 08:30:36 AM »
666 Halloween PC sets printed?!

LOL, that seems so Old School!   >:D
Remember last year it was 650 sets and someone posted why not make it 666
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #160 on: October 18, 2012, 08:39:32 AM »
I tried to do my order on my iPad and I couldn't get the drop down menu to work since you have to hover your cursor over it to get it to drop down.  I was finally able to access the page after a couple Google searches, but I was close to having to get out of bed to do my order.  I guess the site isn't totally compatible with iPad's yet.  

I ran into the same issue (drop down menus won't open) on the iPad last release so tested yesterday and found it still had the same issue. Topps needs to get their site up to date. So last night, I just started the "mignight vigil" at my PC instead to avoid panic and frustration.  But, as was also mentioned, you can use the search item on the main page and search on "Wacky Packages" to get a page with the matching items.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 08:44:29 AM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #161 on: October 18, 2012, 09:37:26 AM »
Remember last year it was 650 sets and someone posted why not make it 666

This also makes a lot more sense with the 3 limit and 9 bio cards. AND the fact that there are 9 bio cards means they fit in a single binder sheet. Finally the math adds up! Sweet! :)

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #162 on: October 18, 2012, 10:06:02 AM »
I've been good for a while, waiting on this release.  The Halloween postcards are my favorites!

I've been working killer OT at work.  :'(

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #163 on: October 18, 2012, 10:10:34 AM »
Yep, should be 222 bio cards for each of 6 different artists.  I'll update the master list after I have the goodies in my hot little hands.

I'm kind of wondering if the limited edition postcards are going to have postcard backs for mailing, seeing as how they're coffin shaped.

If there are 666 sets and 6 different artists, wouldn't that be 111 bio cards for each? Or is this some new math I'm not aware of ???   ;) ;D :o
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 10:15:18 AM by ratchet007 »

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #164 on: October 18, 2012, 10:10:34 AM »
i don't see why not. Size or shape shouldn't really matter.

Size does matter, I don't know abought shape.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #165 on: October 18, 2012, 10:17:44 AM »
I placed my order @ 12:45 and then went to work as I do every morning. This was not a big deal for me. Working the hours I do I actually prefer these kinds of sales.  :D

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: October 18, 2012, 10:19:15 AM »

If there are 666 sets and 6 different artists, wouldn't that be 111 bio cards for each? Or is this some new math I'm not aware of ???   ;) ;D :o

It's actually 666 sets with 3 of 9 bio cards in each set, so 1998 bio cards, 222 of each.  I'll correct my old post, since I am more awake now......

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #167 on: October 18, 2012, 10:20:56 AM »
It's actually 666 sets with 3 of 9 bio cards in each set, so 1998 bio cards, 222 of each.  I'll correct my old post, since I am more awake now......

I understand that math a whole lot better!!!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #168 on: October 18, 2012, 10:22:38 AM »
I understand that math a whole lot better!!!

I knew it was 9 when I typed it, but for some reason still hit the 6.......

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #169 on: October 18, 2012, 10:27:01 AM »
I knew it was 9 when I typed it, but for some reason still hit the 6.......
Ya gotta stop typin' while standin' on yer head...

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #170 on: October 18, 2012, 10:37:19 AM »
ha ha, you didn't stay up all night last night, did you?

There are some strange infomercials on late at night from the witching through devil's hour.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #171 on: October 18, 2012, 11:23:49 AM »
Just received my shipping notification. I am waiting on you, UPS!
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

• Administrator
« Reply #172 on: October 18, 2012, 11:33:06 AM »
same here - I am shipped!   ;D

Online Kook

« Reply #173 on: October 18, 2012, 11:35:15 AM »
It's actually 666 sets with 3 of 9 bio cards in each set, so 1998 bio cards, 222 of each.  I'll correct my old post, since I am more awake now......

Hi Pat. I was just reviewing the master postcard list. It's great! Do you happen to have the original prices of the LE sets, when they went on sale (date & time) & estimation of how long they took to sell out? If not, maybe people could post any bits & pieces of info they may have to fill in the gaps.

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #174 on: October 18, 2012, 11:56:19 AM »
Scot.......are they arriving on monday?
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

anything