Author Topic: Topps Wacky Packages Halloween Postcards On Sale Wednesday!  (Read 60327 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Topps Wacky Packages Halloween Postcards On Sale Wednesday!
« on: October 15, 2012, 07:38:11 PM »
UPDATE (10/16/12):

Here's a bit of new information about the Wacky Halloween postcard release: Tomorrow evening (Wednesday - 10/17/12) at MIDNIGHT (eastern time),  Shoptopps.com will release two versions of the Halloween postcard sets (limited and regular editions). The exact price for each set is unavailable at this time, but I expect they'll be in the same range as previous releases. Since images have already been posted elsewhere on the forum, there's no need to repeat them here, but rest assured, you're in for a ghoulish treat! Also of note, this year's limited edition set has some great improvements to the format which everyone should really dig!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM SHOPTOPPS REGARDING THE PURCHASE OF SETS: Shoptopps.com has a strict limit of 3 sets per household and/or credit card. Customers are limited to a 1 time purchase for select Wacky Halloween postcard merchandise. In other words, if you purchase 2 sets of limited edition postcards you can not return at a later time to purchase a 3rd set of limited edition postcards. Shoptopps has also asked me to convey that they will cancel any orders that violate these policies. PLEASE NOTE: This is the only information I have regarding these policies. If I receive any updates, I will post them here.

ALSO AVAILABLE ON SHOPTOPPS, WEDNESDAY (10/17/12) AT MIDNIGHT (EASTERN)
: To coincide with the Halloween postcard release, Shoptopps will be releasing a small number of the new Wacky Packages Comic, the "Wacky Wizard of Odds"! Comic #2 features a story based on sketch cards drawn by Wacky artist Joe Simko for the 2012 Wacky Halloween Postcards! Follow "Hunch" and his fiendish friends in this hilarious cartoon misadventure! Limited edition, signed and numbered by Mr. Simko.

And for the Halloween faithful, a new Wacky Halloween Postcard Binder will be released tonight! This sturdy over-sized binder features spooky new graphics and room to fit all of your new Halloween treats!

REMEMBER, THE HALLOWEEN PARTY STARTS TOMORROW AT MIDNIGHT! SHOULD BE A HAUNTING GOOD TIME FOR ALL!

Best Regards,
NEIL
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 09:52:30 AM by koduck »

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Re: Topps Wacky Packages Halloween Postcards On Sale Wednesday!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 07:50:25 PM »
Greetings Halloween postcard fans,

As some of you have guessed, there will be two different releases of the new Wacky Halloween postcards this year: a regular edition and a limited edition! The limited edition will include a hand drawn sketch card as well as some other really cool features! Both editions will be available starting Wednesday on shoptopps.com (the exact time to be announced)! I'll post more details tomorrow.

Thanks Neil. We were all getting nervous  ;)
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline dth1971

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 08:07:29 PM »
Will the Hunch Wacky comic books also be for sale via ShopTopps.com as well?

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 11:09:16 AM »
Greetings Halloween postcard fans,

As some of you have guessed, there will be two different releases of the new Wacky Halloween postcards this year: a regular edition and a limited edition! The limited edition will include a hand drawn sketch card as well as some other really cool features! Both editions will be available starting Wednesday on shoptopps.com (the exact time to be announced)! I'll post more details tomorrow.

Any idea what time on Wednesday?  If it's another one of those midnight sales, I need plan ahead!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 11:14:44 AM »
I plan to post more details about the sale time tonight!

By the way, the Wacky Comic will also be available on shoptopps around the same time as the postcards.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 11:35:28 AM »
What's the per household limit?

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 12:40:04 PM »
Any idea what time on Wednesday?  If it's another one of those midnight sales, I need plan ahead!

Same here! I will have a difficult time getting online at midnight tomorrow. I can’t get on a computer tonight, so I am hoping for 12-24 hours notice (This is a rare moment when I wish I had an iPhone for a day) My Mom purchased my Halloween Postcards for me last year because I was in the middle of a project at work and couldn’t be on a computer. She was a bit puzzled at the price of postcards these days.

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 02:53:57 PM »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 02:57:39 PM »
The brand new Halloween binder is now on the Topps website!

http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/the-1065/Wacky-Packages-Halloween-Postcards/Detail

That's awesome. Now I just hope the PCs go on sale tomorrow night because of my travel schedule. It doesn't have to be midnight.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 03:37:33 PM »
That's awesome. Now I just hope the PCs go on sale tomorrow night because of my travel schedule. It doesn't have to be midnight.

Yeah, 9 or 10 EDT would be wonderful to get us to bed at a decent hour.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 04:35:48 PM »
Yeah, 9 or 10 EDT would be wonderful to get us to bed at a decent hour.

I just updated my original post with the release time for the new Halloween sets

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 05:01:10 PM »
I just updated my original post with the release time for the new Halloween sets

The Topps website is showing "out of stock" on the new comic.  Is that because it hasn't actually hit the website yet, or did it really sell out already?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 05:28:57 PM by Tic_Toc »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 05:59:43 PM »
What is the total number of LE PCs sets produced?

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 06:05:50 PM »
The Topps website is showing "out of stock" on the new comic.  Is that because it hasn't actually hit the website yet, or did it really sell out already?

Has anyone checked out these comics yet?  What are they?  Like little MAD magazines with Wacky characters playing out skits involving the parodied products or something?  I can't wrap my head around Wacky comic books.  There's so many new Wacky products!  I wish I was one of the lucky ones involved with making up all this stuff.  Damn, I need to practice painting!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 07:43:43 PM »
Neil,

Sweet news about the Midnight Halloween sale. Any idea if the LE Postcards or Halloween binders will make it to the Philly Show next weekend?

DrDeal

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 08:58:41 PM »

Good question!  I just noticed the same thing.  And, not to be too dense about this but isn't midnight Wednesday about two minutes from now?

Offline wackygarbage

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 05:52:49 AM »
Good question!  I just noticed the same thing.  And, not to be too dense about this but isn't midnight Wednesday about two minutes from now?

I think, no HOPE, that it is actually 12:00 a.m., Thursday, October 18th. that Neil is referring to for the Midnight release.

Maybe Neil can verify this so we are all on the same page.  Speaking of which, are the comic books already listed and sold out or is the sold out listing on Shop Topps in preparation for it to go live at Midnight as well?

And, is there any limit on the regular sets of the Halloween PC's?

I'd like to send a Great Big Thank You out to Neil, Dave, and all the other great artists that make series like these possible.  If it wasn't for their hard work month in and month out we would all have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more money in our pockets.  No cards, but more money!  I kid them!  No one show up at my house with pitchforks in hand, please!

I think I can speak for every member on this forum when I say that Neil, Dave, and all of the other artists that bring this great stuff into out lives deserve a round of applause!!!  WoooooHooooo!!!!  Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!   You The Men!!!!!!

Happy Halloween to all and to all a good new set of Halloween PC's!!!!!!

Michael Braum
wackygarbage2011

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 07:31:35 AM »
The time now is about 10:30 (Eastern) on Wednesday morning (10/17). That means the Halloween postcards will be going on sale in 13.5 hours!

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 07:44:41 AM »
Well that certainly was a fun all nighter.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 07:53:16 AM »
Well that certainly was a fun all nighter.

ha ha, you didn't stay up all night last night, did you?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 08:01:26 AM »
The comic and the binder are now gone from the Topps site.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 08:04:52 AM »
The comic and the binder are now gone from the Topps site.

Now you see it, now you don't. Nothin' up Topps' sleeve. Then presto (at midnight hopefully)!!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2012, 12:29:31 PM »
Wednesday night at midnight sounds a lot scarier  >:D than Thursday morning at 12 AM.   :P

AHHHHHHHHHHH - I'm scared.

Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2012, 01:39:17 PM »
Wednesday night at midnight sounds a lot scarier  >:D than Thursday morning at 12 AM.   :P

Just after 4:38 PM (Eastern Time) now. Less than 7.5 hours to go until the Midnight sale!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2012, 02:07:03 PM »

The real scary thing is the price of the Halloween binder!! $20, what's up with that?

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2012, 03:02:05 PM »
The real scary thing is the price of the Halloween binder!! $20, what's up with that?

same as the ans9 binder released a few months back. Inflation I guess.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2012, 03:03:26 PM »
same as the ans9 binder released a few months back. Inflation I guess.

Which is why, despite my completist obsession, I skip some binders (such as ANS9 and OLDS3).  I will be getting this one, however.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2012, 03:43:34 PM »
Which is why, despite my completist obsession, I skip some binders (such as ANS9 and OLDS3).  I will be getting this one, however.

I bought the ANS7 binder because of the Poligripe sticker, but am skipping the other ANS binders now.  I've been going for the Old School binders because of the wrappers.  The Halloween binder I'll buy without an incentive just because it's cool, and I so enjoy the Halloween postcard sets!  But, for $20 they should certainly include some pages........

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2012, 03:54:18 PM »

Maybe their way of helping us get free shipping?             

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2012, 04:21:45 PM »
And for those who watched the presidential debate last night.... I heard Mitt Is buying several of the binders...for all his potential women cabinet members you see....  Okay, I'm no Bill Maher.

Offline wackygarbage

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2012, 04:23:13 PM »
I bought the ANS7 binder because of the Poligripe sticker, but am skipping the other ANS binders now.  I've been going for the Old School binders because of the wrappers.  The Halloween binder I'll buy without an incentive just because it's cool, and I so enjoy the Halloween postcard sets!  But, for $20 they should certainly include some pages........

I thought the did, but when I just went into the link for all Wacky items on shoptopps.com they were gone along with the second Wacky comic book.

What happened?!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2012, 04:38:21 PM »
I thought the did, but when I just went into the link for all Wacky items on shoptopps.com they were gone along with the second Wacky comic book.

What happened?!

The binder was on the website and available this morning, and mentioned 10 nine pocket pages.  The binder has since been removed from the web page, and Neil has reported that there will not be any pages included with the binder.  Presumably, the binder will reappear when the postcards go on sale in a few hours, and the binder description will have been altered to remove the reference to the nine pocket pages.

Online Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2012, 04:46:00 PM »
The binder was on the website and available this morning, and mentioned 10 nine pocket pages.  The binder has since been removed from the web page, and Neil has reported that there will not be any pages included with the binder.  Presumably, the binder will reappear when the postcards go on sale in a few hours, and the binder description will have been altered to remove the reference to the nine pocket pages.

I bought the binders this morning on the premise that they had the pages in them - then I went to cancel but they had already shipped...so we will see what i get...they advertised the pages so they better be in there... >:D >:D >:D

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2012, 05:01:39 PM »
I bought the binders this morning on the premise that they had the pages in them - then I went to cancel but they had already shipped...so we will see what i get...they advertised the pages so they better be in there... >:D >:D >:D
sorry the pages were "canceled" :D

Online Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2012, 06:12:16 PM »
sorry the pages were "canceled" :D

Nice!! SMACK!!!