Author Topic: Mark Parisi  (Read 202633 times)

Offline dth1971

Mark Parisi
« on: April 11, 2010, 08:19:06 PM »
Did you know Off the Mark (newspaper panel comic strip) creator Mark Parasi is a fan of Wacky Packages? He helped with the recent 5th. series of Wacky Packages Postcards.

Mark did 3 weeks of Wacky Packages takes in his Off the Mark strip in 2007-2008.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 06:18:21 PM by BumChex »

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
Re: Mark Parisi
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 09:24:35 PM »
Did you know Off the Mark (newspaper panel comic strip) creator Mark Parasi is a fan of Wacky Packages? He helped with the recent 5th. series of Wacky Packages Postcards.

Mark did 3 weeks of Wacky Packages takes in his Off the Mark strip in 2007-2008.
As always, thanks for the support. But it's "Parisi."

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
Re: Mark Parasi
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 03:06:59 AM »
I love the fact that I can read "Off the Mark" every day off of Facebook.  I enjoy it a lot. If you are on FB, you should become a fan of Mark's strip. 
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline dth1971

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 07:29:21 PM »
I get the Off The Mark strip in my daily Comics.com e-mail.

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 07:46:02 PM »
Thanks for the love, guys! It looks like I'm going to have a few gags in the next ANS, too.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 06:03:40 AM »
I noticed in an April 2010 Off the Mark strip Mark's daughter did a strip as a guest artist in honor of "Take Your Daughter to Work Day'.

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 09:19:10 AM »
I noticed in an April 2010 Off the Mark strip Mark's daughter did a strip as a guest artist in honor of "Take Your Daughter to Work Day'.

I saw that too.  I love being able to see Mark's new cartoons every day via Facebook.  It is a great noon-time chuckle for me.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 05:06:49 PM »
Thanks for the love, guys! It looks like I'm going to have a few gags in the next ANS, too.
Great news!
One of my bosses, Cate, who is a gene-jockey (a plant breeding scientist) just returned from a vacation to Austrailia, and I spoke to her this afternoon.
She told me there was a 18 month old child who cried the entire plane flight to Australia - so loud even earplugs didn't help much!
Choose you eternity is a GREAT line, and this is a wonderful cartoon. I often wonder about eternity . . .
Satan looks a bit stoned - almost wackyish - as he should be.   :D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 01:12:50 PM »
Great news!
One of my bosses, Cate, who is a gene-jockey (a plant breeding scientist) just returned from a vacation to Austrailia, and I spoke to her this afternoon.
She told me there was a 18 month old child who cried the entire plane flight to Australia - so loud even earplugs didn't help much!
Choose you eternity is a GREAT line, and this is a wonderful cartoon. I often wonder about eternity . . .
(Image removed from quote.)

HEY! did you get his permission to use? :]

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 05:59:54 PM »
HEY! did you get his permission to use? :]
You weren't copied on his PM? Mark is paying forum members $20 a post.
He says it's cheaper than freeway billboards, airport hand-outs, and worldwide spam.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 06:05:16 AM »
And this week for May 17-22, 2010, Mark's Off the Mark strip is doing a new batch of his own Wacky Packages takes, so far this week he has shown "1 Musketteer" (spoofs 3 Musketteers candy), Fell-O (spoofs Jell-O) and Flite Beer (spoofs Lite beer)

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 09:50:02 AM »
And this week for May 17-22, 2010, Mark's Off the Mark strip is doing a new batch of his own Wacky Packages takes, so far this week he has shown "1 Musketteer" (spoofs 3 Musketteers candy), Fell-O (spoofs Jell-O) and Flite Beer (spoofs Lite beer)

As I have commented to Mark on his "Off The Mark" Facebook page, I'm loving this week's theme.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 07:30:15 PM »
Mark, those are great!  1 Muskateer is a riot!  Simple yet very effective!

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 09:17:21 PM »
Hey, thanks, guys!

The 1 Musketeer gag was never submitted to Topps since they won't use M&M-Mars gags, but I liked the idea so much I decided to draw it for myself.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 11:33:31 AM »
I even liked the other entries in the recent May 2010 Off the Mark Wacky Packages week besides 1 MUSKETTER: DAVE SOAP and BLITZ CRACKERS.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 06:55:03 AM »
Great news!
(Image removed from quote.)

This is a really great gag! I have to get on the Facebook list.
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 11:17:41 PM »
"No Drafting!" LOL!!  :D

Mark: Have to say I bought 6 sets of bio cards from Postcard Series 5 just to get your version of Wander Bread! Something about your work conveyed this perfect sense of wandering mischief in those slices of bread, and total exasperation on the part of the guy chasing them. Hilarious! One of my favorite Wackys.

P.S. If I had to pick one of those eternities, I'd go with the hot dogs. I'd probably never eat again, but it'd be better than the screaming babies!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 08:58:12 AM »

Mark: Have to say I bought 6 sets of bio cards from Postcard Series 5 just to get your version of Wander Bread! Something about your work conveyed this perfect sense of wandering mischief in those slices of bread, and total exasperation on the part of the guy chasing them. Hilarious! One of my favorite Wackys.

P.S. If I had to pick one of those eternities, I'd go with the hot dogs. I'd probably never eat again, but it'd be better than the screaming babies!
I love that title too because it is almost exactly the gag I came up with years ago.  I had even discussed possibly having David Saunders sketch and paint this for me, I just never followed through.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 09:12:10 AM »

Wow, thanks, Ducko!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 09:57:33 AM »
Wow, thanks, Ducko!

Am I the only one that doesn't get the joke about 'no drafting'?

Taz

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 10:01:18 AM »
Am I the only one that doesn't get the joke about 'no drafting'?

Nope, I did not get it either.

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 10:12:31 AM »
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Taz

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2010, 10:15:46 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drafting_%28racing%29

I have heard of the term drafting in racing before but perhaps the old brain is not working today, how does it associate to Mark's drawing assuming that's what Ducko meant?

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2010, 10:17:48 AM »
I have heard of the term drafting in racing before but perhaps the old brain is not working today, how does it associate to Mark's drawing assuming that's what Ducko meant?

Because that's what he would be doing if they were going fast enough for it to make a difference.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Taz

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2010, 10:19:15 AM »

Because that's what he would be doing if they were going fast enough for it to make a difference.

Ahhhhhh, now I understand  :D

Offline dth1971

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2010, 07:12:05 PM »
Mark's Off the Mark strip recently done this week for August 23-28, 2010 another Wacky Packages week! The best ones Mark did for this week are Riskies (August 23), Sticky Peanut Butter (August 24), Ghost It Note Pads (August 25), Thing Thongs (August 27), and NyKrill (August 28).

Mark in his e-mail said Cornea (August 26) didn't make the cut for me.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 06:21:03 AM by dth1971 »

Offline dth1971

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 08:50:35 PM »
While Mark Parisi's Off the Mark strip is planning another Wacky Packages week for November 2010, here's a recent funny Off the Mark Sunday strip though not Wacky Packages related but relates to a funny idea for credit cards and scanning with 4 strips instead of 1?

Maybe for Wacky Packages ANS8 in 2011 there could be a Wacky Packages credit card take (maybe a spoof of the DISCOVER credit card calling it "DISCOVERED" credit card) with the 4 magnetic scan strips on the credit card??

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2010, 03:55:35 PM »
I have some accepted roughs from ANS7 to sell or trade. I also have some rejected roughs. Contact me if you might be interested.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2010, 06:23:06 AM »
And here's a recent Off the Mark strip spoofing product placement - Even if it isn't Wacky Packages leaning...

Offline dth1971

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2010, 06:05:10 PM »
Did you like the latest Off the Mark November 29-December 4, 2010 Wacky Packages week? These ones are the best in my opinion:

1) What's in a bag spoofing a Mexican chain:

2) Christmas related:

3) Belated Halloween related:

(Does the vampire kid on the Wacky Pack resemble Eddie Munster?)

4) And finally:

(Does this Colonel Sanders parody on the Wacky Pack look like a cross between the Colonel and a cyclops, and has a smile in the style of MAD Magazine's Alfred E. Newman?)

The ones from the week that didn't make the cut for me were the Snickers spoof (Slickers) and the Kleenex spoof (Grossnex).

I hope Mark Parisi does a few more Off the Mark Wacky Packages week strips in 2011.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 06:06:42 PM by dth1971 »

Offline dth1971

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2011, 05:59:16 AM »
Did you notice this March 17, 2011 Off the Mark strip with many breakfast cereal mascots?

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2011, 10:38:14 AM »
My comic, "off the mark" has been added to gocomics.com

The reason I bring it up, is I want to draw attention to an image I included in my banner. It's a baby sticking Wacky Packages everywhere.
http://www.gocomics.com/offthemark

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2011, 10:46:02 AM »

The reason I bring it up, is I want to draw attention to an image I included in my banner. It's a baby sticking Wacky Packages everywhere.

Ha! Love it!  :great:

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2011, 05:53:24 PM »

Excellent idea!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2011, 01:47:47 PM »

Glad to see Off the Mark moved from now gone Comics.com to gocomics.com - This is because Universal Uclick merged with United Feature Syndicate/United Media?

Can't wait for the next Wacky Packages weekthis Summer in Off the Mark...

anything