Author Topic: Mark Parisi  (Read 202552 times)

Offline dth1971

Re: Mark Parisi
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2011, 08:42:56 PM »
Have you noticed the July 7, 2011 Off the Mark strip with Mark Parisi's take (not Wacky Package like?) of a comic strip by Richard Thompson called "Cul De Sac" but calling it "Cult De Sac"?

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2011, 11:57:01 AM »
Have you noticed the July 7, 2011 Off the Mark strip with Mark Parisi's take (not Wacky Package like?) of a comic strip by Richard Thompson called "Cul De Sac" but calling it "Cult De Sac"?

I saw it, but I did not understand the inside joke.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2011, 12:25:44 PM »
The Cul De Sac comic strip characters are in a religious cult or something like that.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2011, 12:39:05 PM »
It was my contribution to Team Cul De Sac. The concept is that cartoonists parody the comic, Cul De Sac, by the amazing Richard Thompson. The cartoons will then be assembled into a book and auctioned off to raise money for Parkinson's. Thompson has Parkinson's.

I went with "Cult" De Sac. Alice is the cult leader on her famous manhole cover... Petey is sacrificing Danders. I think it helps the more you know about the strip.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2011, 09:57:12 PM »
It was my contribution to Team Cul De Sac. The concept is that cartoonists parody the comic, Cul De Sac, by the amazing Richard Thompson. The cartoons will then be assembled into a book and auctioned off to raise money for Parkinson's. Thompson has Parkinson's.

I went with "Cult" De Sac. Alice is the cult leader on her famous manhole cover... Petey is sacrificing Danders. I think it helps the more you know about the strip.

What other cartoonists are planning or have planned to parody the Cul De Sac comic strip, Mark?

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2011, 06:43:15 AM »
What other cartoonists are planning or have planned to parody the Cul De Sac comic strip, Mark?

Lots and lots have done it. Some were done a individual pieces as opposed to being included in published strips. Bill Watterson even sent in a painting.

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2011, 11:56:19 AM »

Oh crap, I didn't know that! I discovered Cul De Sac this spring and it's frickin' great! Man, I hope he can get treatment and keep working.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2011, 04:16:26 AM »
Lots and lots have done it. Some were done a individual pieces as opposed to being included in published strips. Bill Watterson even sent in a painting.

Another strip I'll have to Google, since it's not in my daily newspaper.  Awesome that Bill Watterson contributed!

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2011, 11:30:01 AM »
Just like Peanuts, Doonesbury, The Far Side, Calvin and Hobbes and Dilbert defined their generations, I think Cul De Sac belongs right there with them.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2011, 01:10:55 PM »
I know there's no new Off the Mark Wacky Packages Week yet, but notice this August 8, 2011 Off the Mark strip done by Mark Parisi featuring a couple of advertising icons getting the third degree or something like that over the Pillsbury Doughboy?

Offline dth1971

« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2011, 07:00:21 PM »
The August 15-20, 2011 Off the Mark strip had another Wacky Packages week, besides the unused for ANS8 drawing of Peepsi Cola seen in the main Wacky Packages ANS8 thread, the others in that week were Cheez-Itch (August 15), Bumble Beep (August 16 - Features an appearance of Wile E. Coyote on the Wacky Package), Tootsie Troll (August 18 - The troll reminded me of Miss Piggy from the Muppets), I Am dog food (August 19), and Cherios (August 20). All made the cut for me and on gocomics.com I added them to MY FAVORITE COMICS area.

I hope Mark does another Wacky Packages week in Off the Mark before 2011 is over.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2011, 07:53:33 AM »
The August 15-20, 2011 Off the Mark strip had another Wacky Packages week, besides the unused for ANS8 drawing of Peepsi Cola seen in the main Wacky Packages ANS8 thread, the others in that week were Cheez-Itch (August 15), Bumble Beep (August 16 - Features an appearance of Wile E. Coyote on the Wacky Package), Tootsie Troll (August 18 - The troll reminded me of Miss Piggy from the Muppets), I Am dog food (August 19), and Cherios (August 20). All made the cut for me and on gocomics.com I added them to MY FAVORITE COMICS area.

I hope Mark does another Wacky Packages week in Off the Mark before 2011 is over.

Do you have any pics of these or links to them?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline dth1971

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2011, 10:34:47 AM »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2011, 11:29:07 AM »
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline dth1971

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2011, 08:08:47 AM »
I don't know if Mark plans another Off the Mark Wacky Packages Week before 2011 is over, but did you notice in the August 29, 2011 Off the Mark strip that if you like that Package Parodies take of the Beatles' Abbey Road 8 track tape album as "Eatles Flabby Road", here's Mark's take on the Beatles' Abbey Road with 4 cows and an Arby's...

Offline dth1971

« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2011, 09:57:24 AM »
I don't think there will be another Wacky Packages week until next year for Off the Mark, but in honor of Halloween, here's a funny Halloween Off The Mark cartoon from Halloween 2011 where the extra caffiene in candy could have leaned into a Wacky Package:

Offline dth1971

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2011, 08:14:46 PM »
Remember the ANS1 Wacky Package take on the Grand Theft Auto video game called "Grand Theft Audio" (done by Tom Bunk), this November 22, 2011 Off the Mark strip by Mark Parisi features a dog playing a "Grand Theft Auto" spoof called "Grand Theft Dinner"!:

Offline dth1971

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2011, 05:38:44 AM »
Guess what? Today's December 17, 2011 Off the Mark comic strip by Mark Parisi contains a Wacky Package Christmas related thing that doesn't spoof a real product (shade of original sticker series 11 "Decay Toothpaste"?):

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2011, 06:21:04 PM »
Here's a recent Christmas cartoon I did. I don't color the daily ones, someone at the syndicate adds the color. Look what they did with the package inside the stocking. They got the colors right! I wonder if it was a lucky guess.

http://www.gocomics.com/offthemark/2011/12/21

Offline dth1971

« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2012, 08:43:40 PM »
The January 24, 2012 Off the Mark strip by Mark Parisi has what might or might not be a Wacky Package take on the GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO book:

Offline dth1971

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2012, 07:42:53 PM »
The Feb. 11, 2012 Off the Mark strip by Mark Parisi features some kind of parody title of the CGI Dreamworks Puss in Boots movie that could be used for a second set of Wacky Packages Go To The Movies Blu-Ray disc stickers subset if one is agreed on for a planned in mid 2012 Wacky Packages ANS9:

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2012, 02:12:32 AM »

Love the message - here is some Easter fun from off the mark!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2012, 06:16:36 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Love the message - here is some Easter fun from off the mark!

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice Off the Mark Easter cartoons, this year's O.T.M. Easter cartoon on April 8, 2012 features an appearance by Sam-I-Am from Green Eggs and Ham taking the green eggs from the Easter Bunny!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2012, 10:28:02 AM »
From the April 18, 2012 Off the Mark, not really a Wacky Package take on Angry Birds...

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2012, 07:01:00 PM »
I especially like the Tootsie Troll, Dying Eggs, Egg Hunt, Kringle and the Re-Stocking Fee. Great stuff. Signed up for the daily comic.  :D
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2012, 01:04:19 PM »
Here's a recent Christmas cartoon I did. I don't color the daily ones, someone at the syndicate adds the color. Look what they did with the package inside the stocking. They got the colors right! I wonder if it was a lucky guess.

http://www.gocomics.com/offthemark/2011/12/21

Dude,

The Other day my sixth grade twins came home with a language arts quiz with YOUR "Off the Mark" cartoons on them in which they had to decide, based on the cartoon, what word it depicted based on the definition....I think one was "imply"?? they didn't do so well...I told them that I would get the latest MP cartoons so we could get a jump on the teacher who obviously is a BIG FAN!! So now your cartoons are molding the minds of kids...very nice...i will post a picture of the quiz if i get a chance...maybe I could get my kids xtra-credit by getting you to meet their teacher... :] :] :]

PS "You've infultrated the school system" - how Wacky is that????

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2012, 08:08:07 PM »
I especially like the Tootsie Troll, Dying Eggs, Egg Hunt, Kringle and the Re-Stocking Fee. Great stuff. Signed up for the daily comic.  :D

Thanks!

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2012, 08:13:04 PM »
Dude,

The Other day my sixth grade twins came home with a language arts quiz with YOUR "Off the Mark" cartoons on them in which they had to decide, based on the cartoon, what word it depicted based on the definition....I think one was "imply"?? they didn't do so well...I told them that I would get the latest MP cartoons so we could get a jump on the teacher who obviously is a BIG FAN!! So now your cartoons are molding the minds of kids...very nice...i will post a picture of the quiz if i get a chance...maybe I could get my kids xtra-credit by getting you to meet their teacher... :] :] :]

PS "You've infultrated the school system" - how Wacky is that????

I'd love to see the quiz. And I'd be happy to meet the your kids' teacher to get them extra credit... cute, young, female teacher, right?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2012, 11:14:13 PM »
I'd love to see the quiz. And I'd be happy to meet the your kids' teacher to get them extra credit... cute, young, female teacher, right?

I heard she eats paste...LOL well, if you're into that sort of thing 8)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2012, 03:35:15 AM »

So now your cartoons are molding the minds of kids...

Gurgle is molding the minds of children!

As it should be, with Pre-chewed MUSH

GRADE “A” SLOPPY

Offline dth1971

« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2012, 08:09:54 PM »
Even though ANS9 won't be out for another 2 and a 1/2 months, this week's April 30-May 5, 2012 Off the Mark strips make up another Wacky Package week, here are the entries for that week below:

And, there may be another Off the Mark Wacky Packages week before 2012 is over.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2012, 08:08:59 PM »
Even though ANS9 won't be out for another 2 and a 1/2 months, this week's April 30-May 5, 2012 Off the Mark strips make up another Wacky Package week, here are the entries for that week below:

And, there may be another Off the Mark Wacky Packages week before 2012 is over.

Those are great, really dig 5 hour enemy and oxe, but they are all exceptional and make me smile.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2012, 04:28:20 PM »
Those are great, really dig 5 hour enemy and oxe, but they are all exceptional and make me smile.

Thanks. They were unaccepted concepts and it's good to have another avenue in which to use them.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2012, 07:31:23 AM »
They were unaccepted concepts and it's good to have another avenue in which to use them.

Unaccepted by some but not ALL!

Sorry to be redundant, but 5 Hour Enemy is the funniest thing I’ve seen in a long time! All week I’ve been laughing at that gag, and it keeps on giving. I swear it deserves some type of trophy. In my book, this is one of those rare gems that doesn't come around often. I think someone at Topps was distracted and checking their phone when this concept passed over the editing table. OK, I’ve heaped enough burning coals upon your head.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2012, 09:53:39 AM »
Thanks. They were unaccepted concepts and it's good to have another avenue in which to use them.

So are you saying you found a way to take a week off? HaHa :great: