Author Topic: Abrams Book  (Read 5874 times)

Offline Ruffs

Abrams Book
« on: August 16, 2012, 07:44:31 PM »
"Duznt" has this written on the bottom of all of his posts, so, Where is the 3rd Abrams Book???

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
Re: Abrams Book
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 08:43:11 PM »
"Duznt" has this written on the bottom of all of his posts, so, Where is the 3rd Abrams Book???

Maybe we should start a petition for it and send the results to Topps. I've previously posted some ideas of what could be included in the book besides the rest of the sticker series'.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 09:25:18 PM »
I spoke to the editorial director of Abrams ComicArts, Greg Goldstein at the Mars Attacks panel at Comic Con and asked this question.  He told me Abrams could just do one Topps book per year and them listed a ton of books they planned to do before the next Wacky book.  The bottom line is that it's going to be years before they get to the third Wacky book if they ever get to it.

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 09:54:04 AM »
Greg Goldstein, who once worked at Topps is with IDW books now.  Charley Kochman is the editor at Abrams.  Probably you talked to Charlie at the con.  So the current Abrams Topps book is MARS ATTACKS.  Then in 2013 they do the BAZOOKA JOE book.  After that, I guess the schedule hasn't yet been decided. 

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 09:59:55 AM »
Here is a piece on the upcoming books from Abrams.   http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/23622.html

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 11:55:00 AM »
Jay is correct it was Charles Kochman I spoke with.  Both IDW and Abrams were at the talk but Charles Was there from Abrams.  If you looked at Jay's link Bazooka Joe is the next book and I believe Charles mentioned a Bat-Man book as well. 

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 04:55:48 PM »
He told me Abrams could just do one Topps book per year and them listed a ton of books they planned to do before the next Wacky book. 
unless only doing 1 book/year is some new term of their agreement, that's bullcrap. they've already done 3 trading card books this year (GPK, mars attacks and Yankee Greats) plus 4 juveniles (a topps league story #1-4). they could probably do wackys again any time they want.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 09:51:14 AM »
Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know anything about this?

eBay auction: #150890234616

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 10:05:31 AM »
Is this one of those "books" that consists of ripped off reproduced web content?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 10:38:06 AM »
Is this one of those "books" that consists of ripped off reproduced web content?
I would say yes. Looks like there's a reference on the cover to Wikipedia...what a bunch of scambags. And, charging over $50 for this garbage...

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 10:46:38 AM »
I would say yes. Looks like there's a reference on the cover to Wikipedia...what a bunch of scambags. And, charging over $50 for this garbage...

But what a snazzy cover picture  :^)   I guess it IS someone looking at a package of what could be pretty wacky meat products.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 10:56:53 AM »

Totally Dude!! SCAM!!!  >:D >:D bunch of Hustler's - if I should say so myself!!! ;D ;D

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 04:36:00 PM »
Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know anything about this?

eBay auction: #150890234616
yep, total scumbag ripoff of wiki content printed up.

what's really terrible is that these things are sold via Amazon too. there's some jerk selling a NASA document on Amazon for $50 - and it's just a bunch of xerox pages stapled together - when anyone could order the original bound copy from the government - for FREE. A co-worker left feedback stating as much, and Amazon pulled his review as it violated their rules!

anything