Author Topic: Wacky Packages posters - series 1 (spoilers)  (Read 65270 times)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
RE: Wacky Packages posters - series 1 (spoilers)
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2012, 04:40:43 PM »

* No info on if the three promo cards will be the three new titles used for the posters.
lol.as if there is any doubt.
wonder why they would even bother to be mysterious about it.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2012, 07:58:26 PM »
Just called Topps for some info on the posters. Heres what I learned:

It seems there will be some incentives to purchase multiple boxes of posters.

* Randomly inserted certificates redeemable for a piece of Original Art used for the posters.

* 1 Poster will have a different background than the others- this one may be limited run- no other info on it.
    I asked if that means there will be two versions of one of the posters making this a limited variation.
    That question could not be answered at present.

*  I asked for a three box order to be gaurenteed to ship with the three different bonus promo cards.
     I was told they have done that in the past and hopefully will this time around.

* I asked for a three box bundle option with some type of discount over and above free shipping.

* No info on if the three promo cards will be the three new titles used for the posters.

*  I asked about the quantity of these posters and was told they should be available for a least a few weeks  but no info was available on actual number of boxes for sale.

* No info was available on the price.

* It was confirmed they will go on sale next wed 8/29 but no time has been set yet.

This makes me feel better about buying three boxes. Getting psyched for this release now.

DrDeal

They should do the random inserted certificate for original art in boxes of Wacky Packages Old School 4 (Fall 2012) and Wacky Packages Old School 5 (Early to mid 2013).

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2012, 11:14:04 PM »
They should do the random inserted certificate for original art in boxes of Wacky Packages Old School 4 (Fall 2012) and Wacky Packages Old School 5 (Early to mid 2013).

Good luck with that as you may have seen recent art auctions. It would be cool if they offered a great art piece up for a pull. I don't see it happening.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2012, 03:37:07 AM »
I like that Topps is doing some interesting Wacky stuff, but for some reason I am not wanting to buy multiple boxes for the variations, etc. Anyone else feeling this kind of Wacky Fatigue?  :o

The way I see the inclusion of incentives to buy multiple boxes is this:

If we buy three boxes of posters instead of 1 in order to get the extra items then we are helping to fund future wacky releases.  Less "chase" items or total lack of will limit sales of future wacky releases and possibly eliminate them entirely if they don't meet certain sales thresholds.

In other words, the wacky fan base is smaller than we think and each of us can play a part in ensuring future releases by buying extras of current offerings if we can swing it financially.  Special inserts make buying extras more appealing since we got a shot at things like original art. If we all buy a small amount of each release we may not see new releases in the future.

DrDeal

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2012, 12:14:37 PM »
* 1 Poster will have a different background than the others- this one may be limited run- no other info on it.
    I asked if that means there will be two versions of one of the posters making this a limited variation.
    That question could not be answered at present.

This may be a picky point, but one reason I don't like the variation poster is that the set may not fit as neatly into a binder.  A 24 page binder/artist notebook would neatly contain a set (or two sets if stored back-to-back, which is probably how I'd do it).  A set containing 25 wouldn't fit so neatly.  Oh well, if the variation is truly rare and I got one, I'd probably just throw it on ebay.

Thanks for posting the info!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2012, 07:41:08 PM »
I can envision the Topps Vault selling sets of these posters UNFOLDED at a premium price. If they are not going to retail why do they need to be folded and put into packs? Why not sell a flat box that holds the assortment of posters?

DrDeal

They could easily be rolled carefully into a hard tube if it is a space issue that they are concerned about.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2012, 06:38:09 AM »
Just called Topps again. Look for the posters in the afternoon as they get their delivery in the PM and won't put them on sale untill they are in hand. I asked again for a three box discount. No news on that. It was confirmed if you purchase three boxes they will send you the three different promo cards.

DrDeal

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2012, 07:01:02 AM »
Just called Topps again. Look for the posters in the afternoon as they get their delivery in the PM and won't put them on sale untill they are in hand. I asked again for a three box discount. No news on that. It was confirmed if you purchase three boxes they will send you the three different promo cards.

DrDeal

Thx Dr. - not idea on price?? but free shipng? any other free items with 3 box sale? that "25th" poster is found in the boxes right? ie variation poster??

thx

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2012, 10:10:03 AM »
No info on the box price. No info on the 25th poster. Not sure if there will just be one the 24 with a different background or if its a 25th. The Topps ad they put up tomorrow on their site should hopefully make things clear for us.

DrDeal

« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2012, 12:47:45 PM »
nothing on the topps website yet? unless im totally missing it?!?!

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2012, 12:57:16 PM »
nothing on the topps website yet? unless im totally missing it?!?!

no there's nothing...

« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2012, 01:21:22 PM »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2012, 02:52:41 PM »
Still nada!
Gee, a Topps delay. How unusual. May not be their fault, though, to be fair......

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2012, 11:14:30 AM »
Gee, a Topps delay. How unusual. May not be their fault, though, to be fair......

ShopTopps just posted info about the WACKY POSTERS (2:00 EST), including a CHECKLIST!

Online Joe G.

« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2012, 11:22:59 AM »
Neil, could you post a link, I can't find it.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2012, 11:25:00 AM »
Neil, could you post a link, I can't find it.

Here ya go....

http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/the-1039/Detail

$40 per box. Starts Shipping Tuesday 9-4-12.   Available to purchase now.  Here are the titles:

[spoiler]2012 Wacky Packages Posters Series One Checklist

1. Frite Loops
 13. Panthers

2. Plunder Bread
 14. Almond Jerk

3. Thefty
 15. Cannibals Soup

4. Mrs. Blabberworth
 16. I Can't Believe it’s Big Brother

5. Canaduh Dry
 17. Rat Guard

6. Coca Cobra
 18. Mountain Dude

7. Clunky Soup
 19. Haunts Ketchup

8. Braino
 20. Punkin Donuts

9. Call of Doody
 21. Weighties

10. Grape Newts
 22. Zilla Wafers

11. Moose Attacks
 23. Wriggling Gum

12. Mallomartians
 24. Killson[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 11:38:46 AM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline chickenfat2010

« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2012, 12:16:19 PM »
ShopTopps just posted info about the WACKY POSTERS (2:00 EST), including a CHECKLIST!

Topps didn't list the print run on their site or in the ad. Does anyone know what the print run is and if in fact this is a limited edition set (whatever constitutes a limited edition set).

Thanks, Fats

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2012, 12:19:42 PM »
I must be getting very rusty in my knowledge of Wacky titles.  There were at least five of the 24 that I had no recollection of.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2012, 12:34:12 PM »
I must be getting very rusty in my knowledge of Wacky titles.  There were at least five of the 24 that I had no recollection of.

There are supposed to be three new titles but all the artwork should be new (my assumption). The MOOSE ATTACKS is my favorite Wacky title to come out in quite a while so it will be sweet to get it in the larger size. I am anxious to see the artwork for this one.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2012, 12:49:50 PM »
There are supposed to be three new titles but all the artwork should be new (my assumption). The MOOSE ATTACKS is my favorite Wacky title to come out in quite a while so it will be sweet to get it in the larger size. I am anxious to see the artwork for this one.

They should have done FEDUP one of my favorites...is killson new?? isn't there one with a different background - ie variation?? or supposed to be???

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2012, 01:09:26 PM »
... isn't there one with a different background - ie variation?? or supposed to be???

There were rumors of that here in the forum but no mention in the advert that I saw. It wouldn't be the first, intentional, un-advertised variation we have seen in the last Wacky year, however.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2012, 02:50:47 PM »
Got my three boxes. I guess they were delayed in arriving and since they had already stated yesterday as on sale date they went with orders today and shipping next week.

It nice that they did that so we could stop stalking the site. The price seems a tad high but at least free shipping if you buy two boxes or more. Anyone else care to post what they purchased?

DrDeal

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2012, 03:37:32 PM »
Got my three boxes. I guess they were delayed in arriving and since they had already stated yesterday as on sale date they went with orders today and shipping next week.

It nice that they did that so we could stop stalking the site. The price seems a tad high but at least free shipping if you buy two boxes or more. Anyone else care to post what they purchased?

DrDeal
TWO BOXES GOING OUT THE DOOR,WHAT CAN BROWN DO
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2012, 03:39:09 PM »
I seriously doubt they need any new artwork for these, and so the only new artwork would be for the 3 new titles. I'm sure they are just large versions of what we already have.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2012, 03:43:37 PM »
Anyone else care to post what they purchased?
Three boxes heading my way.

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2012, 04:17:49 PM »
Master List now updated with all titles and their respective series

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2012, 04:30:32 PM »
OK... I just ordered 3.....Sucker :P

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2012, 04:46:32 PM »
That would be excellent, but something tells me a box of these is going to be in the $40 ballpark.

Good call! Got any good stock predictions?

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2012, 05:20:43 PM »
Went with the three boxes as well.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2012, 06:10:13 PM »
Good call! Got any good stock predictions?
LOL, yeah, I thought of that when I saw the price today. Got lucky on that guess...I guess.

I figured they'd prob be about $2 each, that's how I came up with the figure.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2012, 05:23:07 AM »
3 boxes as well..hope i get the variation :P :P

Offline dth1971

« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2012, 11:06:14 AM »
Killson is a spoof of Wilson Tennis Balls, I think.

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2012, 02:32:26 PM »
Killson is a spoof of Wilson Tennis Balls, I think.

Wilson is hoping otherwise..

Offline Final Step

« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2012, 04:40:49 PM »
Anyone else care to post what they purchased?

DrDeal

I bought 4 boxes. Three to open and one to save.
(De-Mented Tomatoes on the iPad so it will say Final Step.)

Offline dth1971

« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2012, 06:33:56 PM »
I pre-ordered a box that will ship on Tuesday, the day after Labor Day. And I plan to save several unopened poster packs to give (along with the packs of ANS9 Wacky Packages packs) to the trick or treaters on Halloween.

anything