Author Topic: Wacky Packages posters - series 1 (spoilers)  (Read 65262 times)

Offline Crust

RE: Wacky Packages posters - series 1 (spoilers)
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2012, 11:52:06 AM »
These sound really cool! But im confused have we established these are online only?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2012, 03:25:35 PM »
These sound really cool! But im confused have we established these are online only?
yes,
it's on the poster linked back in the first post. at the bottom it says "Available exclusively from shopTOPPS.com"

Offline dth1971

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2012, 07:12:19 AM »
I like to see ShopTopps.com next offer for an exclusive Wacky Packages series the return of the Wacky Packages Tattoos.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2012, 07:25:32 AM »

That's correct. It's a Shoptopps.com exclusive

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2012, 07:46:19 AM »
That's correct. It's a Shoptopps.com exclusive

Dude,

We need FREE shipping and a Free Poster Binder!!!(maybe with a 3 box purchase) not that would be customer recog.... :] :] :]

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2012, 07:48:22 AM »
sounds awesome, can't wait to see these!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2012, 12:35:18 PM »
In terms of the bonus cards I just noticed it was one per box.  I have a feeling this is going to make the ANS 9 cereal bonus cards seem inexpensive in comparison.  Anyone have a idea on what these poster packs will go for?

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that all these bonus type cards should be "stickers" instead? If collectors are going to be buying 3 boxes just to get the complete 3 card bonus set, shouldn't it be for something a little more special, not just a card anyone could print with their inkjet printer? I know die cutting costs more, but come on... How much more would it raise the price of boxes? Plus these bonus cards are helping to sell more boxes, right?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2012, 09:35:46 AM »
I am wondering about the "limited print run" referenced by Non-Sport Update.  How limited are we talking here?

Could this be one of those releases where if we don't get it right away they will be gone? I would like some clarification on the point prior to the release.

DrDeal

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2012, 09:49:40 AM »
I am wondering about the "limited print run" referenced by Non-Sport Update.  How limited are we talking here?

Could this be one of those releases where if we don't get it right away they will be gone? I would like some clarification on the point prior to the release.

DrDeal
I wouldn't worry about that in the slightest. no sketch cards, no frantic, insane, manic buying and hoarding.

the 650 run of the Wacky comic is still available after all this time, and the recent 999 run of the Mars Attack postcards are still abundantly available.

I'll guess a 999 box run, and I'm sure you'll see these posters available for a long time

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2012, 10:24:34 AM »
I wouldn't worry about that in the slightest. no sketch cards, no frantic, insane, manic buying and hoarding.

the 650 run of the Wacky comic is still available after all this time, and the recent 999 run of the Mars Attack postcards are still abundantly available.

I'll guess a 999 box run, and I'm sure you'll see these posters available for a long time
Since I have no interest in chasing bonus and other cards used as a tease and tie in for buying other products, I will sit back and buy a box of the surplus of boxes that will be in collectors hands for those who bought three boxes merely to get the chaser cards or I may just buy a set of the posters which there will also be plenty as all of these boxes get killed off.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2012, 11:51:28 AM »
Since I have no interest in chasing bonus and other cards used as a tease and tie in for buying other products, I will sit back and buy a box of the surplus of boxes that will be in collectors hands for those who bought three boxes merely to get the chaser cards or I may just buy a set of the posters which there will also be plenty as all of these boxes get killed off.

I'm with Ernie on this one. The bonus/promo cards have lost their shine for me, and they used to be mighty shiny!  :o

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2012, 01:32:46 PM »
What are your thoughts on the Box price for the posters?  I am thinking  $34.95 per box.
I am not sure I want posters in my collection. I don't have any now even though I purchased lots of them as a kid. If the 3 Promos are of the new titles that will have some appeal as it will be the only way to procure a card sized image of the poster art.  That price will mean droppng over $100 to get three cards. I will also want to know how limited the promo cards are. Hopefully some of these questions will be addressed prior to the sale. Speaking of whch- do we have an actual on-sale date/ time? No mention on the Topps site thus far.

DrDeal

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2012, 02:03:22 PM »
What are your thoughts on the Box price for the posters?  I am thinking  $34.95 per box.
Speaking of whch- do we have an actual on-sale date/ time? No mention on the Topps site thus far.
DrDeal
I'm really hoping for at most $1/poster, which would make it $18 a box. We'll see.

the article on the nsu site linked in the first post says August 29.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2012, 04:58:03 PM »

If they were bonus "stickers", I would be very tempted to get all 3. I will probably only buy one box, or just purchase singles from forum members or ebay. I would really like to see a checklist first though.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2012, 07:54:35 PM »
It would be great if Topps made it so you got the set of three bonus cards with a 2 box purchase.  That way you'd get a complete set of posters (if the collation is good) plus a reasonable number of doubles.  The problem I have with buying three boxes is that I've run out of room for all the duplicates that collecting results in.

Offline Porkie

« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2012, 12:00:42 PM »
It would be great if Topps made it so you got the set of three bonus cards with a 2 box purchase.  That way you'd get a complete set of posters (if the collation is good) plus a reasonable number of doubles.  The problem I have with buying three boxes is that I've run out of room for all the duplicates that collecting results in.

Precisely what has killed the ANS itch for me. I really enjoyed collecting OLDS3 but I don't know if I want to do the same with OLDS4 due to the sheer amount of extras piling up!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2012, 04:59:05 PM »
I'm really hoping for at most $1/poster, which would make it $18 a box. We'll see.
That would be excellent, but something tells me a box of these is going to be in the $40 ballpark.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2012, 07:47:48 PM »
That would be excellent, but something tells me a box of these is going to be in the $40 ballpark.

While the price, checklist, and bonus sticker availability will determine how many boxes I buy, price may be the most important.  $40 a box, while not outrageous, would most likely limit me to a single box.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2012, 08:45:48 PM »
I wonder what the "pack" will look like. 18 packs per box, 1 poster per pack. That's a damn big pack - wrapper? - cello?
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2012, 08:53:50 PM »
I wonder what the "pack" will look like. 18 packs per box, 1 poster per pack. That's a damn big pack - wrapper? - cello?

I'm thinking they would be just like the vintage poster packs, with one folded poster inside a poster wrapper.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2012, 09:04:17 PM »
on NSU they speculated a 5x7 pack. Pretty darn big. The box would be as big as the ans9 cello pack box

Offline Porkie

« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2012, 09:29:33 AM »
Dang, would have preferred 5x7 Wackys where we could really appreciate the art. Posters just aren't going to happen in our house. ;)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2012, 12:35:12 PM »
Dang, would have preferred 5x7 Wackys where we could really appreciate the art. Posters just aren't going to happen in our house. ;)

If my house gets any more "Wackified" I'll have to start to put on Wacky Pack siding and roofing.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2012, 01:35:26 PM »
If my house gets any more "Wackified" I'll have to start to put on Wacky Pack siding and roofing.

Same here Dude!! Wacky stuff is coming out the windows....

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2012, 08:05:35 PM »
Same here Dude!! Wacky stuff is coming out the windows....

So you have the Window Decal as well? HA !

On Sale Here !

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2012, 06:05:20 AM »
on NSU they speculated a 5x7 pack. Pretty darn big. The box would be as big as the ans9 cello pack box

Topps produced some Garbage Pail Kids posters that were folded down to about a 5 by 7 size.  Don't recall how many packs were in a box, but the packs were stacked in one "pile" in the box so that the box itself was maybe only about 7 by 9. 

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2012, 06:17:18 AM »
So you have the Window Decal as well? HA !

On Sale Here !

I should!!

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2012, 09:24:07 AM »
Topps produced some Garbage Pail Kids posters that were folded down to about a 5 by 7 size.  Don't recall how many packs were in a box, but the packs were stacked in one "pile" in the box so that the box itself was maybe only about 7 by 9. 

seems like a $20-30 product to me...s/b no where near $40... >:D

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2012, 05:50:59 PM »
yep, about the size of the ans9 cello box

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2012, 08:11:17 AM »
Just called Topps for some info on the posters. Heres what I learned:

It seems there will be some incentives to purchase multiple boxes of posters.

* Randomly inserted certificates redeemable for a piece of Original Art used for the posters.

* 1 Poster will have a different background than the others- this one may be limited run- no other info on it.
    I asked if that means there will be two versions of one of the posters making this a limited variation.
    That question could not be answered at present.

*  I asked for a three box order to be gaurenteed to ship with the three different bonus promo cards.
     I was told they have done that in the past and hopefully will this time around.

* I asked for a three box bundle option with some type of discount over and above free shipping.

* No info on if the three promo cards will be the three new titles used for the posters.

*  I asked about the quantity of these posters and was told they should be available for a least a few weeks  but no info was available on actual number of boxes for sale.

* No info was available on the price.

* It was confirmed they will go on sale next wed 8/29 but no time has been set yet.

This makes me feel better about buying three boxes. Getting psyched for this release now.

DrDeal
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 08:14:37 AM by DrDeal »

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2012, 09:39:29 AM »
Just called Topps for some info on the posters. Heres what I learned:

It seems there will be some incentives to purchase multiple boxes of posters.

* Randomly inserted certificates redeemable for a piece of Original Art used for the posters.

* 1 Poster will have a different background than the others- this one may be limited run- no other info on it.
    I asked if that means there will be two versions of one of the posters making this a limited variation.
    That question could not be answered at present.

*  I asked for a three box order to be gaurenteed to ship with the three different bonus promo cards.
     I was told they have done that in the past and hopefully will this time around.

* I asked for a three box bundle option with some type of discount over and above free shipping.

* No info on if the three promo cards will be the three new titles used for the posters.

*  I asked about the quantity of these posters and was told they should be available for a least a few weeks  but no info was available on actual number of boxes for sale.

* No info was available on the price.

* It was confirmed they will go on sale next wed 8/29 but no time has been set yet.

This makes me feel better about buying three boxes. Getting psyched for this release now.

DrDeal

Thx for the update DR D!!!!seems to be much cooler than previously thought...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2012, 10:03:39 AM »
Thanks Dr D! I'm not liking the variation term being throw around though. I can see it already on ebay - Variation poster extremely rare only $250. Yuk!

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2012, 11:03:22 AM »
Thanks Dr D! I'm not liking the variation term being throw around though. I can see it already on ebay - Variation poster extremely rare only $250. Yuk!
Unless you have the variation for sale and then it could be a good thing! ;)

Offline Porkie

« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2012, 03:27:43 PM »
I like that Topps is doing some interesting Wacky stuff, but for some reason I am not wanting to buy multiple boxes for the variations, etc. Anyone else feeling this kind of Wacky Fatigue?  :o

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2012, 03:45:35 PM »
I like that Topps is doing some interesting Wacky stuff, but for some reason I am not wanting to buy multiple boxes for the variations, etc. Anyone else feeling this kind of Wacky Fatigue?  :o

It certainly does seem to be a common complaint on the forum lately. I myself have suffered from Wacky Fatigue for at least the last year. After that long, perhaps it should be called Chronic Wacky Fatigue Syndrome.

anything