Author Topic: Wacky Packages posters - series 1 (spoilers)  (Read 65258 times)

RE: Wacky Packages posters - series 1 (spoilers)
« Reply #140 on: September 06, 2012, 03:09:40 PM »
1 run. All art coupons will be evenly distributed.

If you got an art coupon would it be inside a poster pack or placed separate inside the box?  

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #141 on: September 06, 2012, 03:14:03 PM »
I guess i will be shipping the posters up to Anders,anyone interested in the 2nd box will ship tomorrow!!
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: September 06, 2012, 03:55:12 PM »
My guess is there are 24 pieces of original art. Topps had the original 1973-1974 wacky posters repainted to fit the dimensions of poster size or some other reason and I have a feeling that all of these 2012 wacky posters are new artwork repainted as well (not just the three new titles).
I really don't believe so, I think there's just the 3 new pieces and that's it. they shouldn't need new art with this set, as the poster dimensions appear to be picked to match the existing art.

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: September 06, 2012, 03:56:55 PM »
                                                                                                 Which 3 are the new art i know 1 is Killson?
the Master List is a good resource for this kind of stuff

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=2430.0

« Reply #144 on: September 06, 2012, 05:25:29 PM »
                                                                                                   Thanks i got 2 out of 3
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

« Reply #145 on: September 07, 2012, 12:35:14 AM »
UNOPENED POSTER BOX SHIPPED IN A BOX THIS AFTERNOON FOR $50.00 OR $45.00 AND THE THEFTY POSTER WILL WORK           LMK   alfredbneumann@yahoo.com
FIRST $48.00 GETS THE POSTER BOX WILL SHIP IN A BOX SOMETIME FRIDAY       WILL GET IT TO YOU BEFORE TOPPS RELOADS

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #146 on: September 07, 2012, 12:08:10 PM »
The UPS guy just pounded on the door ( Woke me up from a nap ) & the posters were at the front door along with an artists book to hold them. COOL, everything came at once. Opened up the 1st pack , #2 Plunder Bread. OK back to opening some more.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #147 on: September 07, 2012, 12:52:22 PM »
So I sold my 22 out of 24 posters partial set plus two doubles and the box and empty packs on the bay for $38.00. Whoever purchased it can try to trade for the two he didn't get. Right now it looks like Mr Turbo has the only full sets for sale. $107 seems a bit steep. He is benifitting from the tempoary out of stock sign up now on the Topps site. After factoring in my costs and sale price I have $82 into getting a full set of posters, the three promo cards , and 6 dupe posters.  I think I made out alright. I really like the Moose Attacks, Panthers and Frite Loops posters.

DrDeal

• Administrator
« Reply #148 on: September 07, 2012, 02:57:40 PM »
Cracked Jerk or Bum Chex - it's probably time to change the Subject line of this thread as it's now chock full of nuts and bolts, I mean spoilers.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: RE: Wacky Packages posters - series 1 (spoilers)
« Reply #149 on: September 07, 2012, 03:37:25 PM »
Cracked Jerk or Bum Chex - it's probably time to change the Subject line of this thread as it's now chock full of nuts and bolts, I mean spoilers.

It's now spoiled.

Offline DrDeal

Re: Wacky Packages posters - series 1 (spoilers)
« Reply #150 on: September 09, 2012, 03:06:36 AM »
I didn't realize mentioning titles would spoiler this thread. My apologies.

DrDeal

Re: RE: Wacky Packages posters - series 1 (spoilers)
« Reply #151 on: September 10, 2012, 01:02:47 PM »
           Posters still out of stock                   1 unopened posters box first 45.00          will ship tomorrow              no waiting            paypal   alfredbneumann@yahoo.com

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #152 on: September 10, 2012, 03:35:55 PM »
Posters are back in stock  :great:

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2012, 04:36:13 PM »
what worries me is that the 'bonus' cards are called Promo cards - which might mean that topps could be handing out sets for free at the upcoming New York Comic Con and Philly shows in October. wouldn't that be fun?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #154 on: September 10, 2012, 04:56:59 PM »
What I just noticed is Zilla Waifers has another cards image faint around the border. Anyone else notice this?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #155 on: September 10, 2012, 06:16:58 PM »
what worries me is that the 'bonus' cards are called Promo cards - which might mean that topps could be handing out sets for free at the upcoming New York Comic Con and Philly shows in October. wouldn't that be fun?

I think "promo" in this case means created to promote the sales of the posters.  I doubt they would hand them out. If they ever did that with the mini postcards created to make us buy regular postcard sets that would create a disruption in the Wacky Universe.  I trust they will not push us too far.   :)

DrDeal

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #156 on: September 10, 2012, 06:56:41 PM »
So maybe it is time for some actual spoilers in this thread.  How 'bout some images of the three new titles?  And I assume the assumption was correct that the art on these is identical to the ANS counterpart sticker?

Oh - And if anyone has an extra Coca-Cobra available, I am interested.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: September 10, 2012, 07:12:06 PM »
So maybe it is time for some actual spoilers in this thread.  How 'bout some images of the three new titles?  And I assume the assumption was correct that the art on these is identical to the ANS counterpart sticker?

Oh - And if anyone has an extra Coca-Cobra available, I am interested.
here ya go, from an ebay auction currently running

[expando]http://i.ebayimg.com/t/WACKY-PACKAGES-SERIES-1-POSTERS-BONUS-PROMO-CARD-SET-/00/s/NTcyWDExOTU=/$T2eC16ZHJGkE9no8iL8lBQTkI6E1kw~~60_57.JPG[/expando]

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #158 on: September 10, 2012, 07:19:54 PM »
What I just noticed is Zilla Waifers has another cards image faint around the border. Anyone else notice this?

i'll check mine...

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #159 on: September 10, 2012, 08:29:39 PM »

It certainly does... its a faint image of the WEIGHTIES title... poster #21  Check the text visable at the bottom right corner... "little man"
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #160 on: September 10, 2012, 08:30:05 PM »

[expando]http://i.ebayimg.com/t/WACKY-PACKAGES-SERIES-1-POSTERS-BONUS-PROMO-CARD-SET-/00/s/NTcyWDExOTU=/$T2eC16ZHJGkE9no8iL8lBQTkI6E1kw~~60_57.JPG[/expando]

Those look familiar ;)
If others are selling the promos for $80 I figured I'd give it a shot. I don't care about them as I have the posters with the same image.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #161 on: September 10, 2012, 08:31:18 PM »
It certainly does... its a faint image of the WEIGHTIES title... poster #21  Check the text visable at the bottom right corner... "little man"

WTF? Doesn't Topps have any quality control over such a small run of 24 posters? Unreal!

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #162 on: September 11, 2012, 05:34:51 AM »
WTF? Doesn't Topps have any quality control over such a small run of 24 posters? Unreal!

do we have ourselves a variation... :o :o

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #163 on: September 11, 2012, 08:43:32 AM »

I was on the fence about buying the posters but I like the 3 new titles. And I love that they are also made into cards.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #164 on: September 11, 2012, 03:28:03 PM »
That ghost image thing on Zilla is bizarre.  Anyone have a good way to flatten the posters? I have tried a few things but they still need to be flatter.

DrDeal

• Administrator
« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2012, 04:01:25 PM »
do we have ourselves a variation... :o :o
nope, unless someone finds a clean version of this posters, it's just a topps screw up.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #166 on: September 11, 2012, 06:59:25 PM »
That kinda sucks cuz Zilla is my #1 reason for buying. Maybe I'll get a screwed up one with a nice clean white boarder.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #167 on: September 11, 2012, 07:59:59 PM »
I do like Panthers and Wiggly, just don't care for Killson at all.

It's different, though....  The glove looks like a bear claw, maybe purposely?

• Administrator
« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2012, 08:02:39 PM »

mmm. bear claw....

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #169 on: September 11, 2012, 10:26:31 PM »

Same here. Love the Panther, and the detailed snakes on Wriggling is incredible! However, Killson doesn't really seem Wacky to me. Too dark/disturbing how the kid is begging for his life... Now why that one bothers me, but something like Cram, with the kid's teeth flying out doesn't, I don't know. Maybe because Cram is so over the top.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #170 on: September 12, 2012, 06:27:18 AM »
nope, unless someone finds a clean version of this posters, it's just a topps screw up.

true dat~~

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #171 on: September 12, 2012, 06:29:31 AM »
Same here. Love the Panther, and the detailed snakes on Wriggling is incredible! However, Killson doesn't really seem Wacky to me. Too dark/disturbing how the kid is begging for his life... Now why that one bothers me, but something like Cram, with the kid's teeth flying out doesn't, I don't know. Maybe because Cram is so over the top.

They should have shown the father attacking the kid with the glove in the middle - like Bid Baddy - love those little pictures...truely Wacky!!! :D :D

« Reply #172 on: September 13, 2012, 07:34:23 AM »
Anyone want the unopened poster box before it hits Ebay                  44.00 shipped                              5 or 6 bucks savings           Topps will be at least 50.00 for 1 box shipped
alfredbneumann@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 07:36:00 AM by deadpresidentsvisa »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #173 on: September 13, 2012, 10:07:36 PM »
Based on eBay sales and the trade participation thread. I can see many aren't buying the posters. it is obviously a fail for Topps. If my bonus cards don't sell on eBay I won't offer them again because not too many will have a set. I have a hunch these posters may end up as rare as the originals.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 09:00:25 AM by BumChex »

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #174 on: September 14, 2012, 06:09:26 AM »
While there may be a genuine disinterest in these posters I think much of the fence sitting or lack of buying stems from the saturation we've seen from Wacky Packages in the past year.

anything