Author Topic: Wacky Packages posters - series 1 (spoilers)  (Read 65135 times)

Offline DrDeal

RE: Wacky Packages posters - series 1 (spoilers)
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2012, 02:12:38 PM »
Got my shipping notice today.   :)   I live in NJ so am hpoing they will arrive around 5PM tomorrow.

DrDeal

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2012, 02:16:47 PM »
Got my shipping notice today.   :)   I live in NJ so am hpoing they will arrive around 5PM tomorrow.

DrDeal
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO          SPOILERS                   KAAAAA             STANZA
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2012, 02:55:22 PM »
Got my shipping notice today.   :)   I live in NJ so am hpoing they will arrive around 5PM tomorrow.

DrDeal

Mine too but being more centrally located, I don't expect them until Thursday or Friday here.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2012, 03:06:54 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO          SPOILERS                   KAAAAA             STANZA

I promise not to post pics of my Certificate for Original Art.

DrDeal

« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2012, 03:20:50 PM »
Mine too but being more centrally located, I don't expect them until Thursday or Friday here.
BROWN CAN DO MUCH BETTER THAN FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2012, 03:31:12 PM »
Not to Colorado. I won't get them until Monday! :sad:

« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2012, 03:58:34 PM »
                                                       Overnight like OLDS and postcards                             the cardgary will scoop the last 40 boxes anyway

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2012, 04:01:28 PM »
I promise not to post pics of my Certificate for Original Art.

DrDeal

Nice comeback ! LOL
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2012, 05:11:16 PM »
                                                       Overnight like OLDS and postcards                             the cardgary will scoop the last 40 boxes anyway

They wanted $45 for just 2 day shipping. I don't need posters that bad. Now if there were sketches in there......

Offline dth1971

« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2012, 05:55:05 PM »
My Posters box was shipped out today.

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2012, 09:50:50 PM »
Already showing "TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK" at shoptopps.com  :o

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #116 on: September 05, 2012, 03:38:07 AM »
I wonder if it will be restocked?  Also, they show the actual box now. Cool.

DrDeal

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2012, 09:40:08 AM »
A set has already shown up on ebay. I think $95 is a bit much for a set of posters though. He also has the promo cards.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-TOPPS-WACKY-PACKAGES-SERIES-1-POSTERS-SET-OF-24-POSTERS-/190722984101?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c67f9c8a5

« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2012, 02:04:31 PM »

DrDeal

I got my boxes today and was able to compile a complete set of 24 opening just 2 boxes. The 6 that I did not get in the first box were the middle six packs in a row in the second box. What is the special poster? Btw, the promo cards are not in the box; they are separate.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2012, 02:11:41 PM »

DrDeal

Posters should be back in stock next Monday (Sept 10).

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #120 on: September 05, 2012, 02:16:15 PM »
I got my boxes today and was able to compile a complete set of 24 opening just 2 boxes. The 6 that I did not get in the first box were the middle six packs in a row in the second box. What is the special poster? Btw, the promo cards are not in the box; they are separate.

What's the quality like?

« Reply #121 on: September 05, 2012, 02:51:33 PM »
What's the quality like?

I like the paper. (glossy) Since they are so large some look more like paintings than others. The pack material is the same as the Old School packs. I do not wish to give too much away, but one poster looks different than the others. They fit perfectly in the Itoya 13x 19 art portfolios.

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #122 on: September 05, 2012, 04:52:36 PM »

Can we assume that the first run had all of the inserts (i.e.- art coupons), or will Topps integrate them into the 2nd run as well?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #123 on: September 05, 2012, 05:16:46 PM »
Can we assume that the first run had all of the inserts (i.e.- art coupons), or will Topps integrate them into the 2nd run as well?

my take is that there is only 1 run.  it's just that topps didn't receive the entire order at once and has temporarily stopped selling boxes until they get them.
with only 3 pieces of art, those inserts won't stretch very far

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2012, 05:27:49 PM »
Got my shipment at 7:15 PM here in NJ.  Did not complete a set of 24 posters untill near the end of box #3.
Nice quality on the posters, Promo Cards , wrappers and boxes. No poster variant. Poster #6 has a color background while the rest have a white backround. I received two #6's which are both the same so I don't think there is a regular white background version. Nice set.

Thanks Topps,   DrDeal

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2012, 05:34:56 PM »
Got my shipment at 7:15 PM here in NJ.  Did not complete a set of 24 posters untill near the end of box #3.
Nice quality on the posters, Promo Cards , wrappers and boxes. No poster variant. Poster #6 has a color background while the rest have a white backround. I received two #6's which are both the same so I don't think there is a regular white background version. Nice set.

Thanks Topps,   DrDeal
Also got mine today. Got all but #6 in my first two boxes. Got one in my third, so I'm complete. Paper is quite heavy stock, they're folded into 9ths (3x3) so the folded up size is about 4x6. I didn't measure them, but I'd say the sealed packs are 5x7, as was assumed. My keepers are already in an art profolio and like Demented said, they fit great in a 13 x 19. I'm not wild about most of the titles, but it's a cool variation from stickers, postcards, etc.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2012, 09:20:20 AM »
I just checked my UPS tracking number and mine were delivered this morning (Thursday). They will have to be lonesome until I get there this evening. We live out in the country and our dog (sheltie sized)  is outside all day loose. When she was a pup, she liked to take small packages from the front porch and leave them on the back porch. She wouldn't chew them but just liked them back there better apparently. Then there was the time we came home and found a racoon ripping into a box that contained a Pepperidge Farm food basket like item a relative sent.  "Green Acres is the place to be... "

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #127 on: September 06, 2012, 09:55:57 AM »

1 run. All art coupons will be evenly distributed.

« Reply #128 on: September 06, 2012, 09:56:47 AM »
                                               POSTERS ARE BULKY SHOULD HAVE WENT OLD SCHOOL(1974) REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THESE

« Reply #129 on: September 06, 2012, 10:02:43 AM »
                                                                        In the market for a Thefty poster will work something out                            Thanks        LKM

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #130 on: September 06, 2012, 10:14:49 AM »

Will there be any difference from the first batch?

« Reply #131 on: September 06, 2012, 10:39:06 AM »
UNOPENED POSTER BOX SHIPPED IN A BOX THIS AFTERNOON FOR $50.00 OR $45.00 AND THE THEFTY POSTER WILL WORK           LMK   alfredbneumann@yahoo.com

« Reply #132 on: September 06, 2012, 11:31:31 AM »
                                                                                                 Which 3 are the new art i know 1 is Killson?

« Reply #133 on: September 06, 2012, 12:30:42 PM »
                                              POSTERS ARE BULKY SHOULD HAVE WENT OLD SCHOOL(1974) REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THESE

< excellent with melted butter and fresh maple syrup >

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.

You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason. We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.

After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.

Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.

Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #134 on: September 06, 2012, 12:45:55 PM »
Will there be any difference from the first batch?

No difference between the two batches.

The three new titles are: Panthers, Killson and Wriggling Gum

Offline dth1971

« Reply #135 on: September 06, 2012, 12:55:23 PM »
I got my Wacky Packages poster box with the Killson card.
Killson spoofs Wilson's baseball glove.

I am saving 10 poster packs for the trick or treaters.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 08:34:14 PM by dth1971 »

« Reply #136 on: September 06, 2012, 01:13:46 PM »
< excellent with melted butter and fresh maple syrup >

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.

You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason. We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.

After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.

Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.

Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.

I GUESS YOU DISAGREE THAT THE POSTERS ARE BULKY

Offline chickenfat2010

« Reply #137 on: September 06, 2012, 01:27:38 PM »
my take is that there is only 1 run.  it's just that topps didn't receive the entire order at once and has temporarily stopped selling boxes until they get them.
with only 3 pieces of art, those inserts won't stretch very far
My guess is there are 24 pieces of original art. Topps had the original 1973-1974 wacky posters repainted to fit the dimensions of poster size or some other reason and I have a feeling that all of these 2012 wacky posters are new artwork repainted as well (not just the three new titles).

I still don't know what the print run for this series is.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #138 on: September 06, 2012, 01:54:21 PM »
I GUESS YOU DISAGREE THAT THE POSTERS ARE BULKY
I agree that posters are bulky, particularly me. But, I'm dieting.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #139 on: September 06, 2012, 03:08:38 PM »
I agree that posters are bulky, particularly me. But, I'm dieting.

:08:

anything