Author Topic: Is there an artist credit page?  (Read 4928 times)

Offline Kalidor

Is there an artist credit page?
« on: November 18, 2012, 06:19:46 PM »
Hello!  I was hoping there would be a site that would essentially state which artist did each particular wacky package.

I am learning their styles and figured that would help out a ton.

Any direction would be appreciated; thank you in advance!

J

Offline Jean Nutty

Re: Is there an artist credit page?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 11:28:43 AM »

Hello!  I was hoping there would be a site that would essentially state which artist did each particular wacky package.

I’ve wanted such a thing a few times – a spreadsheet listing the artists for every title. I don’t think this info has been compiled here, in an organized manner (I could be wrong – someone please correct me). I thought maybe there was some info in the Master List section, but after a brief look, I don’t see artists listed.

There is discussion in the “Artists and Illustrators” section of this website, with lots of good info about WP artists and styles.

You can find a lot of the ANS artists on this website

http://www.wackypackages2007.com/ans3/allnewseries3/Spite.htm

– some artist info is listed with each title

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 11:40:59 AM »
I’ve wanted such a thing a few times – a spreadsheet listing the artists for every title. I don’t think this info has been compiled here, in an organized manner (I could be wrong – someone please correct me). I thought maybe there was some info in the Master List section, but after a brief look, I don’t see artists listed.
There is discussion in the “Artists and Illustrators” section of this website, with lots of good info about WP artists and styles.
You can find a lot of the ANS artists on this website
http://www.wackypackages2007.com/ans3/allnewseries3/Spite.htm
– some artist info is listed with each title

I know scattered through the various topics on the forum you can occasionally find where someone made an affort to document, for a specific new release, who designed each title and who painted each title. I am not aware of a master list however, where all this information is pulled together. I know that Rob Palmer pulls together lots of information on each release. I believe Pat does as well.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Kalidor

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 12:15:10 PM »
Thanks for the replies!

I was hoping for info more on the original series stuff from the 70s...
I will sift through the info you have provided and hope to get some.

Thank you so much, again, for your time and effort!

What a great hobby and such a treasured part of my childhood.

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 03:25:44 PM »
It was simpler for the original series.  Here are the ones I devised between '73 and '74. These are the only years I saved the xeroxes of.  Others were mostly written and roughed by Art Spiegelman, Bill Griffith and Bhob Stewart.  90% of the original series were painted by Norm Saunders.  http://john-manns-wacky-site.com/roughs/index.html

Offline Kalidor

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 05:56:58 PM »
Thank you so much, Mr. Lynch!

This is great information and our personal list is truly appreciated.

Great stuff!

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 03:51:42 PM »
It was simpler for the original series.  Here are the ones I devised between '73 and '74. These are the only years I saved the xeroxes of.  Others were mostly written and roughed by Art Spiegelman, Bill Griffith and Bhob Stewart.  90% of the original series were painted by Norm Saunders.  http://john-manns-wacky-site.com/roughs/index.html

I forgot about that list.  Cool to see those again.  I remember seeing many of them when we all hung out at your place in Chicago.  I really like, "Baldie".  That would be a GREAT one to slip into the ANS series 10 or 11.

Offline jaylynch

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 05:13:10 PM »
I think they used Baldie in an 80s Wacky series.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 10:38:34 AM »
I think they used Baldie in an 80s Wacky series.

I guess I better check my collection.  All the original 1-16 series titles are etched in my memory, but the later series stuff hasn't quite stuck.  So, how's John Pound doing these days?  I haven't seen him since ComicCon 2002 or something.

Offline jaylynch

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 11:08:40 AM »
I don't know.  Last time I talked to him was 3 years ago or something like that.