Author Topic: John Pound  (Read 4189 times)

Offline dth1971

John Pound
« on: February 05, 2012, 07:54:32 AM »
Anyone remember John Pound's Wacky Packages 1985, 1991, ANS1-ANS2 entries? I know in the 1970's John Pound did work for underground/adult comics and creating characters like Flip the Bird and Ronald the Rabbit.

Blackthorne released a 1 shot John Pound complimation comic book in 1987 called "Ground Pound Comix".

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
Re: John Pound
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 06:54:12 PM »
The underground comix is the most important art movement of the 20th century.  Wackys and GPKs plays a small role in its history.  Check out this exhibit in France last week.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHKhN5Q45DE

Offline Deaf Geoff

• Pop Culture Junkie
Re: John Pound
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 10:52:16 PM »
I was never into the Underground Comix scene, but as I began to understand the history of comics, I came to understand and appreciate the influence it had on everything I was into growing up. Mad Magazine, the trading cards I collected the comics I read, the cartoons I watch. And while I didn't always know then who was making these things I loved (I have always been a fan of the work of Jack Davis who luckily worked for someone who believed in giving credit. Likewise Wally Wood and John Severin.), as an adult, I am glad to see more of them getting credit and recognition for their contributions to popular culture.
Interested in Mars Attacks sketches. PM me with pics and prices!

anything