General Discusions about Artists & Illustrators > Artists & Illustrators

Sam Gambino

(1/20) > >>

Sam Gambino:
I'm new to the forum here, but I loved Wacky Packages way back starting in 1974 for me.  I grew up south of Detroit and used to get them at places like Sam's Beer Store and the Short Stop in Lincoln Park, Michigan.  I wish I still had the same ones from when I was a kid.  However, I'm pleased to have just finished a couple of paintings this year for series 9 and one for the postcard series.  I painted "Sprout" and "Dribbles and Spits."  Thanks for looking!

sco(o)t:

--- Quote from: Sam Gambino on August 08, 2012, 10:27:30 PM ---I'm new to the forum here, but I loved Wacky Packages way back starting in 1974 for me.  I grew up south of Detroit and used to get them at places like Sam's Beer Store and the Short Stop in Lincoln Park, Michigan.  I wish I still had the same ones from when I was a kid.  However, I'm pleased to have just finished a couple of paintings this year for series 9 and one for the postcard series.  I painted "Sprout" and "Dribbles and Spits."  Thanks for looking!

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

--- End quote ---

Sam, Welcome to the forum! I'm sure we all anticipate seeing further titles from you. It must be extremely cool to become involved with the creation of something you enjoyed so much as a kid.

Rabid Shaver:
Hi Sam ....welcome to the Forum!.....Great job,  My Wife Love's the Dribbles and Spits, LOL  :cool2:

DrSushi:
Welcome to the forum, Sam! I love the character on Sprouts, nice work.

I grew up in Allen Park, Michigan and worked part-time through much of high school and college at the Sibley's Shoes in Lincoln Park (at Southfield and Dix - which reminds me of one of the best burns I heard in high school - "You're just like Southfield, always running into Dix).

Sam Gambino:
Thanks so much for the kind words, and it's great to meet you Sco(o)t, Rabid Shaver and Dr. Sushi!  Sco(o)t - I'm pleased to have contributed to these and hope to continue. Those Wacky Packages from back then created lots of great memories, and the images have been stuck in my mind ever since.  Rabid Shaver - I'm glad that your wife likes Dribbles and Spits!  Hey Dr. Sushi - It's great to hear from someone from my old stomping grounds!  I'd never heard that saying about Dix and Southfield, but I have great memories of being dragged in and out of those stores as a young kid, especially around Christmas time!  I remember going into Cunningham Drug Store there and testing our old TV tubes to see if we needed replacements.  It was a different world!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version