Author Topic: Brent Engstrom  (Read 17213 times)

Offline Brent Engstrom

• http://monkeyboycomic.blogspot.com
Brent Engstrom
« on: August 06, 2012, 03:52:06 PM »
Hi Everyone! Here's a link to the paintings I did for series 9

http://monkeyboycomic.blogspot.com/2012/07/wacky-packages-all-new-series-9.html

Offline jleonard1967

Re: Brent Engstrom
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 04:50:29 PM »
Moose Attacks is my favorite of the series! :great:

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 05:34:52 PM »
A Møøse once bit my sister ...

No realli!  She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 05:40:46 PM »
Moose Attacks is my favorite of the series! :great:
I like that one as well, and it really annoys me that the printer screwed up the sizing/placement of the image on the card. the whole thing is o/c high and to the left.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 05:49:20 PM »

No realli!  She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 05:50:43 PM »

Let's hope the Møøse has been sacked.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Brent Engstrom

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 04:06:24 PM »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 11:29:03 AM »

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 12:04:05 PM »
Here's a series 9 sketch card I have on Ebay right now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230847709250?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

Brent The colors & the sketch is great. I hope you get a G for it.

Offline Brent Engstrom

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 02:17:08 PM »
Thanks guys. Here's another sketch I have up on Ebay right now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230850039398?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 02:22:01 PM »
Thanks guys. Here's another sketch I have up on Ebay right now.

oh man - another great one!

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 02:29:49 PM »
                                                          KOOL                     Another 600.00 gem for west coast Leslie
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 02:55:33 PM »
                                                          KOOL                     Another 600.00 gem for west coast Leslie

haha!  funny because it's probably true.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 03:18:43 PM »

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2013, 08:08:06 AM »
It appears Leslie is continuing to sell off her sketches.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2013, 09:01:46 AM »
It appears Leslie is continuing to sell off her sketches.

She is. She's selling everything.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2013, 09:55:56 AM »
so is she done with collecting?

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2013, 01:52:54 PM »

Good, she was nothing but a liability to the hobby, and in my opinion caused most of the sketch bubble herself, I hope she loses a ton of money. She made everyones collections worth less. Good riddance! Her, and her fucking sideways listings...the sooner the better! I said in a post 3 years ago, gluttony is a sin.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 02:01:48 PM by lucidjc »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2013, 06:09:28 PM »
so is she done with collecting?

I don't really know. I think she is just selling sketches.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2013, 06:09:54 PM »
Good, she was nothing but a liability to the hobby, and in my opinion caused most of the sketch bubble herself, I hope she loses a ton of money. She made everyones collections worth less. Good riddance! Her, and her fucking sideways listings...the sooner the better! I said in a post 3 years ago, gluttony is a sin.

Tell us how you really feel :o

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2013, 06:30:42 PM »

I personally never collected for profit. I collect because I like what I collect. And Leslie was one of the few on ebay that you could get a good deal.

Offline MadMike

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2013, 09:28:19 PM »
Who is Leslie?

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2013, 11:17:45 AM »
It will take quite a while for her to sell all the sketches listed because most of them are "you choose one" listings. I wonder if these are her "extras". Could take forever to sell them, especially if no one bites on an entire listing. Also I thought I saw a couple of listings that were the same?

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2013, 05:30:11 PM »
It will take quite a while for her to sell all the sketches listed because most of them are "you choose one" listings. I wonder if these are her "extras". Could take forever to sell them, especially if no one bites on an entire listing. Also I thought I saw a couple of listings that were the same?

from talking with her (Email) and buying on/off EBAY, If she holds anything back, it won't be much......she does own some FINAL Painting art.....wonder if that is next?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 05:32:55 PM by Rabid Shaver »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2013, 03:10:11 AM »

Geez, that's harsh!  She collected what she liked and could afford to buy, which is not evil, or a sin. 

IMO, Topps is to blame for the current state of affairs - they screwed the pooch with all the back variations in ANS11, and they've turned off more than just Leslie with clunker sketches.

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2013, 04:49:45 AM »
Back and border variations are pretty easy to ignore, though. The series succeeds or fails on the art and the gags.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2013, 07:02:37 AM »
and they've turned off more than just Leslie with clunker sketches.

I'm not even buying Leslie's sketches even though she has some great ones and has made me great offers.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2013, 07:30:30 AM »
Back and border variations are pretty easy to ignore, though. The series succeeds or fails on the art and the gags.

That should be the case, but I fear that Topps has inflated their expectations because of the most serious collectors who were going for all border variations (except maybe gold).  And, many card collectors consider back variations significant enough to collect.  Topps basically doubled the total number of 'different' cards in ANS11, and the major collectors seem to have spoken - they're not buying into this madness.

At least with GPK, the use of art twice in a set comes with a different name on the front.  ANS11 Wackys not only had no differences besides the reverses, they weren't even numbered so as to distinguish between variations.

My concern is that Topps will take the rejection of their crazy variations as a rejection of Wackys as a viable product.  I think they need to scale things back before they lose more collectors.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2013, 09:28:02 AM »
That should be the case, but I fear that Topps has inflated their expectations because of the most serious collectors who were going for all border variations (except maybe gold).  And, many card collectors consider back variations significant enough to collect.  Topps basically doubled the total number of 'different' cards in ANS11, and the major collectors seem to have spoken - they're not buying into this madness.

Agreed. I guess as I collector, I was pretty happy with the status quo circa ANS7 and ANS8. The sketches were pretty scarce, so I would only try to get one. The silver borders where tough but not impossible to collect. I was content with one gold per release. Funny thing, back then I felt a little out of my collecting comfort zone on these releases and now long for those days again. I do like the addition of the canvas cards in the past few releases. 

anything