Author Topic: Revamp  (Read 2672 times)

Offline Ruffs

Revamp
« on: August 04, 2012, 03:22:03 PM »
Hi all, I have been putting my ANS 1- 6  cards from the 1st # to 55 in the 9 Pocket Pages then putting the next series right after that back to back. I have the Bonus cards seperate in a different binder & the magnets, motion cards etc. in another binder. I bought the ANS 7 binder so that series is seperate from the rest along with 8 & now 9. As confusing as this might sound my cards are even more out of whack now . Any ideas to remedy this. Long Time collector John

Online bigtomi

Re: Revamp
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 04:48:10 PM »
Hi all, I have been putting my ANS 1- 6  cards from the 1st # to 55 in the 9 Pocket Pages then putting the next series right after that back to back. I have the Bonus cards seperate in a different binder & the magnets, motion cards etc. in another binder. I bought the ANS 7 binder so that series is seperate from the rest along with 8 & now 9. As confusing as this might sound my cards are even more out of whack now . Any ideas to remedy this. Long Time collector John
This might make me "master of the obvious", but I have my ANS in a binder by series. All of the base stickers/puzzles, then chase things (bonus, mags, clings, etc.) right after them. I use binder tab dividers between series so I can go directly to the beginning of any series fairly easily. I have ANS1-8 in one binder now, but am going to need to move at least ANS8 out to a new binder along with ANS9. This just works best for me.

Online sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 04:49:08 PM »

O boy, not sure you want to hear about my nuerosis in terms of how I organize sets in binders. I may rearrange a given set, for example ANS8,  several times, then decide its okay. But then have to go reorganize all the other ANS series in the same fashion. Usually I start with one of the SELL posters in a one pocket binder page followed by a 4 pocket page or pages with the various wrappers. Then I put the chase sets next in 9 pocket pages. Since Topps insists on some chase sets having 10 cards rather than the "logical" 9, I follow that with a page for the "extra" one of each chase set. This is also where I place the bonus cards, promo card(s), sample gold and/or sketch card if I am lucky enough to get one. I then follow these with the base set cards and parrallel sets for that series. That is, until next week when I decide there is a better order.  ;)
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 04:57:46 PM »
Right On, I have to tell you another thing I do, if there is a back of the card showing that I already have displayed I will peel an extra card so it blanks out the back. Pretty smart ehhh ?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 06:04:51 PM »
Right On, I have to tell you another thing I do, if there is a back of the card showing that I already have displayed I will peel an extra card so it blanks out the back. Pretty smart ehhh ?

I put the ANS cards back to back so I have 2 cards per pocket, and then I organize the backs separately by category, so I'll display the puzzles, coupon gags, etc., all together. 

I have ANS 1-6 all in the same binder (not a Wacky binder because they are way too small!), and am now on binder #2 for ANS7-9.   
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Online sco(o)t

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 07:01:32 PM »
I put the ANS cards back to back so I have 2 cards per pocket, and then I organize the backs separately by category, so I'll display the puzzles, coupon gags, etc., all together.  

Ha... Same with me. Usually i can pull this off by just using each base card once if things are organized carefully and put two cards back to back were the backsides are duplicates shown elsewhere such as puzzle pieces or coupons. Then use checklists, mini puzzle pictures and other odds and ends to fill in the gaps.

But, it is even easier to use part of another base set to get the "perfect" layout where all puzzles are together rather than every other page when using one base set. This may sound confusing but those of you who likewise obsess on this will know exactly what I mean.

Now don't get me started on whether the backs of each chase card, sketch, bonus and promo should be left to show on the other side of the 9 pocket page or just one of each or...
                :41:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 07:18:43 PM by sco(o)t »

Online sco(o)t

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 07:16:04 PM »
Returning in annoying Columbo style.... I should add that since I can usually only get one sketch per ANS series, I gather some sketch pics I like from here or eBay. I have a Paint template I use to paste nine of these into one file and print so it looks like a nine pocket page with nine sketches ( the appropriate size and spacing, etc.). I then print them and put them in one pocket pages with the series.

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 08:29:41 AM »
Mine are thrown in the back of the "Junk" drawer in the kitchen...  right next to my die-cuts !!

anything