Author Topic: Ebay Auction  (Read 5089 times)

Offline Paul_Maul

Re: Ebay Auction
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 07:51:34 AM »
LOL, surely one of the best ever. It's amazing how some sellers can make a rare, mysterious treasure out of a re-stuck piece of crap. And it's amazing how nearly every title was the "hardest one to find" back in 1973. I'm sure several folks here will be glad to share their insights on his mystery with him.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:55:48 AM by Paul_Maul »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 08:33:41 AM »
LOL, surely one of the best ever. It's amazing how some sellers can make a rare, mysterious treasure out of a re-stuck piece of crap. And it's amazing how nearly every title was the "hardest one to find" back in 1973. I'm sure several folks here will be glad to share their insights on his mystery with him.

I just checked the seller's feedback, and she has an apparent negative when an international buyer buys the item even though it's stated in her shipping details that this is U.S. only, no international shipping, so when she refunded the money she was left a negative.  I've had this happen to me (not the negative part), and it seems to me ebay should have it set-up where they aren't able to bid in those situations, or at least be able to get your negative removed easily.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline gumby8691

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 08:38:37 AM »
I actually wrote the person a quick e-mail in disgust at the posting - and I never do that, but this time I couldn't help it. I was in the process of writing the seller another message in response to another listing (no border Skimpy) but thought, why bother. The kind of person who writes descriptions like this are not the kind of person who is going to suddenly show some integrity and own up to their bs.  

Seriously though, what is wrong with some people?

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 10:27:16 AM »
Check this one out! (read description)  :o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Topps-Wacky-Packages-1st-Series-Fink-White-Back-NM-/130741621377?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e70ced281

Classic! Some of my auction descriptions end up reading like that when I stay up submitting them at 2am.  :P
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 05:17:26 PM »
I'm sure several folks here will be glad to share their insights on his mystery with him.
Funny this was mentioned, as I did send the seller an eBay message about this auction. It cracked me up enough...and they basically begged to be told about it, so I wrote:

This sticker is a re-stick. A Fink sticker was peeled off and placed onto this backing, which was likely a Breadcrust Hash, Skimpy, Maddie Boy or similar shaped package (which itself was also peeled, of course). It's basically worthless as is. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

No response, but the auction was shut down by the seller, it appears. LOL, some people are just so friggin' clueless. Ya soitenly don't need to be a Wacky Pack expert to figure this out, do ya? I suppose your IQ just has to at least be in the double digits.

Offline gumby8691

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 09:14:13 PM »
Get a load of this auction - easily one of the most pathetic ones I've come across. This seller makes Mr.Re-stick'em sound reasonable. I wonder if anyone will bid...lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-VERY-RARE-AND-SUPER-OLD-WACKY-PACKAGE-CARDS-IN-GEART-CONDITION-/251122203586?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a780cbbc2

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 09:49:14 PM »

Offline gumby8691

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 04:43:00 AM »
No, I am afraid we are dealing with a person who is:

a) not in complete command of all their senses
b) taking the piss out of the hobby (or doing this for a laugh) or
c) trying desperately to get someone to part with a large sum of money for items he knows are nearly worthless

I'm betting it's the last one.   ;)

I received the following in response to my "inquiry" about auction:

"Hey bud how about you don't send messages about my stuff unless your asking a legit question or looking to buy them... On ya and "FYI" I've made thousands of dollars off of stuff like this so worry about yourself.
Thanks"
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 08:06:56 AM by gumby8691 »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 09:17:19 AM »

c) trying desperately to get someone to part with a large sum of money for items he knows are nearly worthless
I'm thinking it's a combo of (a) and (c), but mostly (a) because I think that he thinks they are worth that much.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 10:51:24 AM »
Geez, now, I'm tempted...

eBay auction: #251122203586

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 11:04:05 AM »

Offline MadMike

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 11:15:31 AM »
I thought the price was fair until I keenly observed that Cap'n Crud did not have a border.  Sorry folks, but that is a deal breaker for me.  :]

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 11:58:48 AM »
Geez, now, I'm tempted...

eBay auction: #251122203586

So what is "geart" condition anyway?   ;)
Still looking for Series 17

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 12:21:17 PM »

I'm betting it's the last one.   ;)

I received the following in response to my "inquiry" about auction:

"Hey bud how about you don't send messages about my stuff unless your asking a legit question or looking to buy them... On ya and "FYI" I've made thousands of dollars off of stuff like this so worry about yourself.
Thanks"

I asked him what happened to the WHITE border and if it makes it more rare?? waiting for a response..... :P :P :P

AND here's his response: ( this is porbably some high school kid - no idea - he thinks its from 1967....better check his history books....

"Well I believe it is a lot more rare because my mom who is getting older told me that this is one of her very rare cards... I'm thinking about raising all the prices because they are very expensive but if you really want it I would buy it now before 3:30"

How old is his mom?
I'd better get on that BIN!!!
GOOD GOD!! he's raising prices?? say it ain't so....its no 3:30 aw schucks!! :] :] :] :]
TOTAL NEWBIE!!!!! :o :o :o

« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 12:31:14 PM by Hustler08 »

Offline gumby8691

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 03:37:43 PM »
I should mention that the gentleman (kid?) lister wrote me back to apologize for his last message. Good on him for that. But then he went on to reiterate how he's made thousands selling these things. Really? He also said he might - perhaps as a result of our 'concerns' - think about lowering the prices on these babies so you might want to wait as you may be able to snag these for $100 cheaper in a day or so.  :great: