Author Topic: Idea: 6-Pack of Pop Cans  (Read 2666 times)

Offline 7-Pup

Idea: 6-Pack of Pop Cans
« on: August 01, 2012, 12:49:27 PM »
I think the cereal boxes are pretty cool and has inspired me of an idea. How about collectable 6-packs of soda pop cans with 6 different titles in each 6-pack. One could be cola titles such as Pupsie, Quiet Pupsie, Popsie, B C, Cherry Croak and Diet Fright. A second 6-pack could be non-cola titles such as Dr. Popper, 6 Urp, Can That's Dry, Mountain Goo, Spite and Barf's. Note each title I mentioned spoofed cans and are non-alcoholic. Any thoughts?

Offline crackedjerk

Re: Idea: 6-Pack of Pop Cans
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 10:56:09 AM »
I think the cereal boxes are pretty cool and has inspired me of an idea. How about collectable 6-packs of soda pop cans with 6 different titles in each 6-pack. One could be cola titles such as Pupsie, Quiet Pupsie, Popsie, B C, Cherry Croak and Diet Fright. A second 6-pack could be non-cola titles such as Dr. Popper, 6 Urp, Can That's Dry, Mountain Goo, Spite and Barf's. Note each title I mentioned spoofed cans and are non-alcoholic. Any thoughts?

I really like the cereal boxes and could see soda cans possibly working as well.  A few years back I got a Simpsons Duff beer can filled with a deck of Simpsons playing cards that I thought was very cool.  Even if Topps just sold a single can filled with 25 stickers, I think it would work pretty well.  Probably pretty expensive, but we hard core collectors would likely support it.

Online Joe G.

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 11:39:31 AM »
I don't know, my Wacky collection is all in binders on my bookshelf.  To be honest when I got my ANS 9 cereal boxes, I pulled the bonus cards and the boxes went right into the attic.  Anything card or postcard sized I'm in for but I just find anything else hard to display.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 02:14:47 PM by vfx2g »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 01:49:21 PM »
I don't know, my Wacky collection is all in binders on my bookshelf.  To be honest I when I got my ANS 9 cereal boxes, I pulled the bonus cards and the boxes went right into the attic.  Anything card or postcard sized I'm in for but I just find anything else hard to display.

I don't have space for non-flat items either, and I will throw away empty cereal boxes and such just because I don't want to store it. 

Kids would probably have fun with the soda-pop idea though.  They seem to dig the erasers.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline 7-Pup

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 02:36:28 AM »
I don't have space for non-flat items either, and I will throw away empty cereal boxes and such just because I don't want to store it. 

Kids would probably have fun with the soda-pop idea though.  They seem to dig the erasers.
I agree. Kids probably would have fun if the can is made into a piggy bank. Open the can tab to insert coins, open the top of can to remove coins. Tab and top can also then be put back in place.