Author Topic: Where do the 1973/4 Posters fit into the timeline?  (Read 25546 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Where do the 1973/4 Posters fit into the timeline?
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2012, 09:00:31 PM »
I agree with you and I did make the point that "different" doesn't mean better or worse.  We're all different in some way when it comes to collecting.

The feeling your having is the frequent repetition of series without any time to catch up and breath.  It is fun, but it hurts the bank account, and you can get bogged down trying to keep up with it all.  I've had a blast collecting the new stuff, but I could use a breather too.  If someone said in 2004 that 8 years later we would be feeling bogged down with too many Wacky series we would think they were crazy!

Rob, I understood what you meant about collecting. I guess I was trying to be sarcastic with my first sentence. It's not always the frequency of releases that is hitting the wallet but the other fun stuff such as Cereal Killers and Mars Attacks. When you throw everything in then it really stretches the wallet. It's like I can't catch a breath. Now they throw posters in the mix that I never expected. I haven't even bought any of the cereal boxes and don't plan on it so there will be a hole in my collection but I have a hunch that I will get over it since they are all ANS titles. I see the poster promos selling for around $70 a set and I'm thinking maybe I should sell mine to hel recoup costs for the posters. Does it matter if I have the same posters that are also posters? I don't know. I will know more when my shipment arrives on Monday. I guess it's starting to bother me that a lot of these chase cards are not unique. They are reprints so what does it matter which form you have them in?

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2012, 09:03:08 PM »
... but for some reason it's now getting overwhelming to me. I can't explain it. I'm starting to feel I can't catch up so now I have this 'I don't give a crap' attitude.

I am in exactly the same space. I got this feeling a few months ago and it hit like a ton of bricks. I completely passed on ANS9 -- even the bonus cards -- which is really unusual for me. I'm done "chasing" promo cards and anything remotely like them, unless they are from previous series and I really want them. I'm also getting a very strong urge to clean out all my dupes, which is also new for me.

Now I'm wondering what's going to happen when OS4 or the next Postcard series hits. I think I'm still in for the Postcards, but maybe not as deep (I may just buy 3 total). With OS4 I don't think I'm going to chase anything like the "ludlow variations" and I may just be content with a box or two.

Interesting...

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2012, 05:42:57 PM »
A lot of good posts here on Wacky burnout. I feel that way myself a lot of times, and then I don't. I am sort of on the fence with being burnt out on them. They are just so damn fun and a cool escape from the daily grind for me but at the same time, it does start to get overwhelming.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2012, 09:03:03 PM »
A lot of good posts here on Wacky burnout. I feel that way myself a lot of times, and then I don't. I am sort of on the fence with being burnt out on them. They are just so damn fun and a cool escape from the daily grind for me but at the same time, it does start to get overwhelming.

I think most of us are feeling so many things are getting rehashed going after our wallet.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2012, 03:32:47 PM »
It's likely the first run posters came out between series 6 & 7, and with their nice big pictures of Cheapios, etc., they drew the C&D from General Mills. (I'd love to see this letter). This then forced changes to box art, the poster run, the mail-in poster and tattoos all in late spring '74. This would also have been early enough to pull Toadal from series 8, before card art was ever painted - in which case there wouldn't be on any proof sheets with it either. And early enough to create new box art for series 8 as well.

This is great.  All those years, I really never thought about the possibility that the posters could have come out too early for Toadal to have been included in the first draft of the 8th series.  Since I had 7th & 8th stickers before the posters came to my area, I already knew the titles.  But your explanation of the time line would explain why we've never seen Toadal in any other form, although I would suspect there would have been at LEAST a sticker-version "rough" of it somewhere, if not a 5x7 Saunders painting, too.  But I'll bet you're right.  There probably was never a printed sticker or proof-sheet version.  And for that matter, Toadal could have been part of the 7th Series just as easily, especially since that series had other cereal in it, whereas the 8th didn't.  Still room for mystery solving 12 years after the Wacky 'heyday' ended.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2012, 04:17:29 PM »
Incidentally... my old wacky email got hacked years ago, so if any of you have tried to email me there over the years, I wouldn't have gotten it.  I'm going to start up a new one soon, although I'm not really Wacky-backy.  Just checkin' to see what's been happening in Wackyland all this time. 

It's good to see that you guys have kept all the cool Wacky history & sleuthing going on... although, not so good to see the same trash-talking and battles are still going on after so long.  In 1973, I would have never guessed how popular, expensive, or volatile those little stickers could become.  Still fun as hell to look at, though.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2012, 06:02:58 PM »
Incidentally... my old wacky email got hacked years ago, so if any of you have tried to email me there over the years, I wouldn't have gotten it.  I'm going to start up a new one soon, although I'm not really Wacky-backy.  Just checkin' to see what's been happening in Wackyland all this time. 

It's good to see that you guys have kept all the cool Wacky history & sleuthing going on... although, not so good to see the same trash-talking and battles are still going on after so long.  In 1973, I would have never guessed how popular, expensive, or volatile those little stickers could become.  Still fun as hell to look at, though.
There is very little to zero trash talking and battles any more.  This place seems to have cleaned house of the trouble makers.  Been pretty much good fun for the two years with some minor exceptions.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Soremel

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2012, 06:49:21 AM »

Great to see you here! Whenever I look at my 8th Series set, you come to mind! LOL!

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2012, 11:05:26 AM »
It's funny.  As people respond to my posts, I have to try to 'guess' who they are based on the Wacky avatar.  Bandaches has always been Bandaches, so that one's easy.  But some of the other avatars I'm blanking out on.  At least I remember all of your names, faces, and collections, though.

Anyone still keeping track of the OS Wacky Art pedigree?  I used to know where it all was by heart.  Now, I barely remember which ones I had at one time.  And as much as I miss those pieces, I think the item I regret letting go of most is actually the complete collection of placks (that D.Gross and I each finished simultaneously in a 1-for-1 trade, if I remember right.  Kook for Kook-Aid?  First 2 sets of 36 completed).  That was the last BIG Wacky event for me before stepping into the quicksand of the original art world.  That jump was like going from kool-aid to whiskey overnight... or whiskey to kool-aid, more accurately, if you know what I mean.  (I've never been a drinker, but the "detox" from the Wacky Art addiction is arduous.)

Offline Soremel

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2012, 11:39:09 AM »
It's funny.  As people respond to my posts, I have to try to 'guess' who they are based on the Wacky avatar.  Bandaches has always been Bandaches, so that one's easy.  But some of the other avatars I'm blanking out on.  At least I remember all of your names, faces, and collections, though.

Anyone still keeping track of the OS Wacky Art pedigree?  I used to know where it all was by heart.  Now, I barely remember which ones I had at one time.  And as much as I miss those pieces, I think the item I regret letting go of most is actually the complete collection of placks (that D.Gross and I each finished simultaneously in a 1-for-1 trade, if I remember right.  Kook for Kook-Aid?  First 2 sets of 36 completed).  That was the last BIG Wacky event for me before stepping into the quicksand of the original art world.  That jump was like going from kool-aid to whiskey overnight... or whiskey to kool-aid, more accurately, if you know what I mean.  (I've never been a drinker, but the "detox" from the Wacky Art addiction is arduous.)

My street name (or geek name!) is George Wright. I was the one that brought the partial uncut 8th & 3rd Series checklist sheets to Jeff Weiss "museum".

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2012, 06:23:22 PM »
My street name (or geek name!) is George Wright. I was the one that brought the partial uncut 8th & 3rd Series checklist sheets to Jeff Weiss "museum".

"THE" George Wright?  I totally remember you.  You're the only one in the bunch who never had a break in your collecting from childhood to present, if I recall.  Legendary.  I just didn't make the "Soremel" connection.  Sorry.  It would be cool if all the new collectors on here could go back in time to that infamous 1999 Wacky Museum day.  Unforgettable pinnacle of Wacky history.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2012, 09:55:03 AM »
  It would be cool if all the new collectors on here could go back in time to that infamous 1999 Wacky Museum day.  Unforgettable pinnacle of Wacky history.

I agree!  While I was new to getting back into Wackys in the day, it was great fun to see all that stuff in one place.  If somehow we truly could get all the "greatest hits" Wacky stuff in one place, that would be worth the price of admission.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2012, 11:28:15 AM »
I agree!  While I was new to getting back into Wackys in the day, it was great fun to see all that stuff in one place.  If somehow we truly could get all the "greatest hits" Wacky stuff in one place, that would be worth the price of admission.

I remember that Eric talked about someday making a "Wacky Art Museum".  Did that ever happen?  I've been out of it so long that I don't even know where all the art is anymore.

Offline Kook

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2012, 11:33:12 AM »
"THE" George Wright?  I totally remember you.  You're the only one in the bunch who never had a break in your collecting from childhood to present, if I recall.  Legendary.  I just didn't make the "Soremel" connection.  Sorry.  It would be cool if all the new collectors on here could go back in time to that infamous 1999 Wacky Museum day.  Unforgettable pinnacle of Wacky history.

What was Wacky Museum day?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2012, 11:38:03 AM »
What was Wacky Museum day?

This was before I entered the hobby, but it was a gathering in conjunction with the 1999 Philly Non-Sport Card show which I think occurred in Jeff Weiss' basement. Many attendees brought along cool wacky collections and showed them off. I think Tom Moore (Truant) filmed it.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2012, 11:51:35 AM »
This was before I entered the hobby, but it was a gathering in conjunction with the 1999 Philly Non-Sport Card show which I think occurred in Jeff Weiss' basement. Many attendees brought along cool wacky collections and showed them off. I think Tom Moore (Truant) filmed it.

The gathering at Jeff's house was quite unique. His finished basement had professionally framed sheets of most of the original series hanging on the walls. His basement was also climate controlled for archival purposes! There was also a huge photo session of all of the rarities that were brought in by various collectors. I believe that the pictures were to be used in one of the "Wacky Package Galleries" books. I do recall that there was some film/camera issues that may have rendered the photos useless (?)

One highlight for me was seeing the box and unopened pack collections that were on display! I remember stumbling out of his house at 5:30 in the morning after a full night of trading, buying & selling. There is a group photo of that gathering somewhere.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2012, 03:30:33 PM »
... although, not so good to see the same trash-talking and battles are still going on after so long. 

Trash talking?

Post a link or it never happened! I can’t believe I missed it   

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2012, 03:48:18 PM »
The gathering at Jeff's house was quite unique. His finished basement had professionally framed sheets of most of the original series hanging on the walls. His basement was also climate controlled for archival purposes! There was also a huge photo session of all of the rarities that were brought in by various collectors. I believe that the pictures were to be used in one of the "Wacky Package Galleries" books. I do recall that there was some film/camera issues that may have rendered the photos useless (?)

One highlight for me was seeing the box and unopened pack collections that were on display! I remember stumbling out of his house at 5:30 in the morning after a full night of trading, buying & selling. There is a group photo of that gathering somewhere.

I think we all slept on the floor for part of the night or something, right?  Or you guys did while we were trading art pieces.  I did a 3-for-3 swap.  Talk about anxiety.  But it was fun.  Someone went around taking votes for the best all-time 1-16 series Wacky & they made an uncut sheet of them in order of what got the most votes.  There had to be at least 50 pieces of original art in attendance, every known display box and uncut sheet at the time, and every prominant collector with the exception of maybe 2.  There was a backyard barbeque and a game of "Wacky Pack Jeopardy" played by splitting up into teams.  In-person trading of every imaginable Wacky item went on for hours.  And the cool thing is... Wacky collectors are unlike any other category of collectors in that there are very few nerds.  None really.  Well, one.  Or two.  But seriously, it's not like going to a Star Trek convention or standing in line at ComicCon to see a Twilight screening or something.  It's real people, keeping that irreverant 70's anti-establishment, anti-corporate comedy that defined our youth alive. 

Yah, Philly Show 1999, including Jeff's Wacky Museum party, was arguably Wacky Event #1 in the history books.

Second to this event, for me, was the Chicago Show, 1997.  (A good 'prequel' to '99).  But that's a whole 'nuther story.  Unfortunately I missed Parsippany in 200?, which sounded like it might have been a successful sequel to '99.  I remember someone calling me from there one night, drunk off their A, so I didn't feel left out.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2012, 06:59:40 PM »

There was a VHS video made of that gathering.  I have a copy of it.  It needs to be put on a DVD.  Maybe I will do that this weekend. 
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Kook

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2012, 05:54:39 AM »
There was a VHS video made of that gathering.  I have a copy of it.  It needs to be put on a DVD.  Maybe I will do that this weekend. 

If are able to get multiple copies printed, I'd definitely be interested in buying one.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2012, 06:39:18 AM »
If are able to get multiple copies printed, I'd definitely be interested in buying one.

Me too!

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2012, 09:24:42 AM »
Let me see what I can do.  I would rather trade than sell.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2012, 10:22:26 AM »
I am definitely interested in trading for or buying one, also.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2012, 10:27:25 AM »

I'd prefer a trade, as well!

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2012, 11:08:41 AM »
Personally, I lost interest in the ANS stuff after series 2.  If ANS had come out in 1999, it probably would have been a different story.  But I still think I would have lost interest because rather than go with the 30-titles per set, blank backs, separate checklist, style that made them fun to collect in the old days... they went with the double-sized sets with "chase cards" and all the gimmicks in every other modern card or sticker set.  The artwork and gags are mostly really cool.  But the lack of difficulty in the commons coupled with the engineered-in frustration of the 'chase cards' makes for a totally different experience.  Plus they're ugly.  Gold-border stickers are like "Ludlows" made on purpose (which I recall someone actually did once & got caught).

What once was a fun 'crap shoot' when you bought 5 packs hoping to get those last 3 ellusive stickers you needed, is now just: buy a whole box & put sets together, or buy a whole case, hoping to get all the chases.  I think I'd actually have more fun with the ANS if the packs were $10 each, had half the amount of stickers in the set, half the amount of stickers in the pack, and ZERO chase cards.  Then I'd only feel compelled to buy 3 or 4 packs at a time (like in 1973), and it would take all summer to complete a set.  Obviously, the 'next-gens' and 'tuned-out-NintendoDS' kids would never go for that.  But I wonder what the true demographic for the ANS Wackys is anyway.  I'm betting "dudes over 30" hold more than 50% of sales.

(after a week of me being back on the forum, you guys are probably thinking... 'Oh crap... now I remember his LONG rambly posts'. When's he gunna quit again?')

Offline Soremel

« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2012, 11:26:48 AM »
(after a week of me being back on the forum, you guys are probably thinking... 'Oh crap... now I remember his LONG rambly posts'. When's he gunna quit again?')

Nahhhhh, I could never get tired of your Wacky Package discussions! As I've told many people, I would talk Wackies all day if given the chance (That's why I'm usually hoarse by the second day of the Philly shows!)

It's refreshing to have you back in the fold to discuss the new stuff and reminisce about the "Delphi Days"!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2012, 02:16:04 PM »
Personally, I lost interest in the ANS stuff after series 2. 

Scott, have you gotten any of the Old School boxes?  While not exactly like '73 all over again, I think you'd enjoy them.  You could certainly buy an opened box worth of packs and have a fun time for a pretty small cash outlay.

And I for one am glad to read your long rambly posts.  Keep it up!

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2012, 02:56:24 PM »
I think I got some of the 'classic' series (or whatever it was called)... the one that reprinted the old ones.  But I've completely lost track of ANS stuff.  In fact, I don't think I ever even finished a true complete set of ANS #1 because of all the chase material.  I've got a box somewhere of foils & magnets & pink borders & silver borders... I don't even know where any of them belong.  Hate that stuff.  Ugly & tedious.  Hate puzzle-backs.  Hate numbered stickers.  All that stuff just makes them like all the other sets out there. 

The fact that dealers hate the OS Wackys is what makes them so cool...  NO NUMBERS, so you have to know your titles.  SEPARATE CHECKLISTS/PUZZLE PIECES, so you don't have to keep looking at the backs of every sticker to find a list, and you don't have to give up stickers to build the puzzle.  THIN, NON-GLOSS, PLAIN-BACK STOCK so you have to take care of them to truly have a MT sticker, and you never have to look at the back (although OUI and SCREECH probably have nice "back-sides").  Call me "old-school", but they just look WAY better presented that way... and part of 'irreverence' is NOT conforming to the standard.  If only the production methods matched the irreverence of the parodies themselves!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2012, 03:16:24 PM »
I think I got some of the 'classic' series (or whatever it was called)... the one that reprinted the old ones.  But I've completely lost track of ANS stuff.  In fact, I don't think I ever even finished a true complete set of ANS #1 because of all the chase material.  I've got a box somewhere of foils & magnets & pink borders & silver borders... I don't even know where any of them belong.  Hate that stuff.  Ugly & tedious.  Hate puzzle-backs.  Hate numbered stickers.  All that stuff just makes them like all the other sets out there.  

The fact that dealers hate the OS Wackys is what makes them so cool...  NO NUMBERS, so you have to know your titles.  SEPARATE CHECKLISTS/PUZZLE PIECES, so you don't have to keep looking at the backs of every sticker to find a list, and you don't have to give up stickers to build the puzzle.  THIN, NON-GLOSS, PLAIN-BACK STOCK so you have to take care of them to truly have a MT sticker, and you never have to look at the back (although OUI and SCREECH probably have nice "back-sides").  Call me "old-school", but they just look WAY better presented that way... and part of 'irreverence' is NOT conforming to the standard.  If only the production methods matched the irreverence of the parodies themselves!

You should definitely check out the Old School Wackys!  33 unnumbered plain back flimsy stickers in a set, 3 stickers and a cardboard puzzle piece with checklist in every pack.  If you want the old fun way of opening a pack here and there, building the set slowly, just pick up boxes of unopened packs - shouldn't cost more than a couple bucks for a box of 24 packs.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2012, 04:22:33 PM »
I think I got some of the 'classic' series (or whatever it was called)... the one that reprinted the old ones.  But I've completely lost track of ANS stuff.  In fact, I don't think I ever even finished a true complete set of ANS #1 because of all the chase material.  I've got a box somewhere of foils & magnets & pink borders & silver borders... I don't even know where any of them belong.  Hate that stuff.  Ugly & tedious.  Hate puzzle-backs.  Hate numbered stickers.  All that stuff just makes them like all the other sets out there. 

The fact that dealers hate the OS Wackys is what makes them so cool...  NO NUMBERS, so you have to know your titles.  SEPARATE CHECKLISTS/PUZZLE PIECES, so you don't have to keep looking at the backs of every sticker to find a list, and you don't have to give up stickers to build the puzzle.  THIN, NON-GLOSS, PLAIN-BACK STOCK so you have to take care of them to truly have a MT sticker, and you never have to look at the back (although OUI and SCREECH probably have nice "back-sides").  Call me "old-school", but they just look WAY better presented that way... and part of 'irreverence' is NOT conforming to the standard.  If only the production methods matched the irreverence of the parodies themselves!

You are describing the Flashbacks. Old School Wackys are on-line only series that are, as Raw Goo detailed, made much in the way the OS Wackys were (note the short-hand OS could be interpreted to mean Original Series or Old School - it seems like most use it to mean Original Series). Since each box of Old School came with a sketch, there are many full boxes without the sketch available for a reasonble price. They were conceived and painted by Dave Gross who also wrote the vast majority of the gags.

They're a lot of fun!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2012, 08:53:57 PM »

Just digitize it and upload to youtube!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2012, 08:57:47 PM »
As others have said, what you are craving is exactly what the Old School series delivers. PM me your address and I'll send you a bunch of packs so you can see for yourself.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2012, 11:36:54 AM »
I guess I must have been asleep when the Old School came out.  I remember John talking about them, but I probably thought he was referring to the "Flashbacks".  When I'm in Target, I usually take a peek to see if they have Wackys, but I usually didn't buy them... UNTIL YESTERDAY...

They had Series 9, so since you guys hooked me back into these pesky little stickers again... I bought 18 random packs & did OK.  Maybe you guys will know if I "outperformed the market" on this breakdown...
- 53/55  commons (missing #7 and #33)
- 15/55  pink borders (only 1 double!)
- 07/10  apps (2 doubles)
- 06/10  games (1 double)
- 3         silver-border disco-ball looking things (don't know how many there are)
- 3         LENTICULARS  (1 missing the little punch-out piece at the top... do people collect with & without?) heh.
- 2         magnets
- 3         stupid blank white cards (2 with RFID squares & 1 just blank)

... oh, and of course, my specialty... the long, slotted display box they were dispensed in.  I got rid of my old collection of those.  But I found out that I still have 3 old ones.  So, if anyone collects them, I have ANS 2,3,6, and 9.

Online Plastered Peanut

« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2012, 03:54:51 PM »
Uh-oh!  ANS9 made you fall off the wagon!  lol.  You did pretty well with the Lame Games and Awful Apps compared to my experience....I too purchased minimal amounts of packs as the magnets are really what keeps me coming back to the ANS.  Then of course the completist in me creeps back and I have to trade to get most of the other stuff, although I have allowed myself to skip completion on the lents as I know I will never buy enough packs to get those or have trade fodder for those.  And I'm happy with a few silvers to display but know gold and/or sketch cards are out of the question.  If I'm lucky enough to get one, so be it.

I have an extra 7 and 33 you can have.  Of the 2 double apps you have, would they happen to be 8 and/or 10?  I need those two and only have #3 app, or #3 and #7 lame game to offer in even trade.

David

Welcome back!!!!!!!

I guess I must have been asleep when the Old School came out.  I remember John talking about them, but I probably thought he was referring to the "Flashbacks".  When I'm in Target, I usually take a peek to see if they have Wackys, but I usually didn't buy them... UNTIL YESTERDAY...
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2012, 04:13:53 PM »
Nah, the Apps I got were all low #s.  Sorry.  So, you're saying that there are also GOLDS and SKETCHES for series 9?  What the...?  They've gone completely chase-card insane!  How is THAT fun?  You'd have to buy $1000 worth of boxes to get a complete set, then.  I guess it's "fun" for Topps.  But tedious for you guys.  No way am I going to contribute to that madness.  The common sets offer plenty of eye candy.  Who needs all the extra junk?  I can't even imagine how many folders & pages it takes to have a complete set of everything... and it would end up being worth more than an original run of 1-16.  Toadal insanity.  How do you guys put up with it?  Doesn't it annoy the heck out of you being forced to buy that many boxes just to get a shot at all of it?

So, how many collectors here have a totally complete run of ANS 1 to 8 (with all variations) so far? (Just curious).