Author Topic: A WP Unopened Pack Reference Library  (Read 176007 times)

Offline Paul_Maul

Re: A WP Unopened Pack Reference Library
« Reply #385 on: July 20, 2016, 03:56:03 PM »
I see the word "may" used many times in there as speculation, as I'm reading it for the first time now.

If you're talking about the 1972 Test Die Cut article, the first two paragraphs alone have 4 or 5 totally speculative statements presented as fact.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #386 on: July 20, 2016, 07:33:39 PM »
If you're talking about the 1972 Test Die Cut article, the first two paragraphs alone have 4 or 5 totally speculative statements presented as fact.
I see nothing but speculation, questions, statements that say it is possible and such.  I can't image anyone would take any of that whole write up as anything but speculation.  Regardless, who cares, everything is speculation, everyone get over it.

I am fairly certain(speculation warning) that my uncut strips are the sticker version of the 1972 diecut set that Rusty refers to.  I believe some of those stickers made it into circulation, we just don't know how yet.  There could be many of these in circulation but few collectors pay any attention to diecut and actual oddities of the stickers as there is so much focus on corners, centering and PSA grades.

My proof of that statement was my winning the bandache square cut on ebay.   Also, I have  found cut "double wackys" in the wild as hardly anyone even knows the copyright is different on those but cut doubles sure don't look PSA gradable so people skip right over them.

Because the 1979 stickers share the same cuts as the 1972 stickers, in most cases, I bet some of the stickers in 1979 test sticker collections were actually from the 1972 sticker release but the 1979 test sticker craze with the unopened pack find has drawn all attention away from the possibility of 1972 test stickers being out there.  An interesting oddity is Gadzooka as the 1979 test set sticker is round, it is square cut on my sheet and it neither on a regular 1973 sticker.

Question for everyone: what does the diecutting look like on a #2 Duzn't?  The picture in greg's writeup looks bogus, it looks like a 1973 sticker to me.

Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #387 on: July 20, 2016, 09:08:04 PM »
How do the die cuts on the 1st series strips compare to the 1967 die cuts?

Offline bandaches

« Reply #388 on: July 21, 2016, 07:50:35 PM »
How do the die cuts on the 1st series strips compare to the 1967 die cuts?
I didn't compare every title but seem to be the same.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #389 on: July 27, 2016, 06:05:24 PM »
I didn't compare every title but seem to be the same.
Can I assume your conclusion matches mine, my strips have cuts that match the 1979 test set cuts, bandache has made it into the wild and people have mixed the two set(1972 test set) and 1979 test set and nobody has certainty on what comprises a complete 1979 test set nor do they know if all of their sticker are actually from that set(except for Eric since his cards only come directly from the packs and he won't buy them on the secondary market as singles).

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #390 on: July 28, 2016, 11:30:32 AM »
The wacky packages reference links(that spurred you to ask for credit of its content) have the picture of the strips and a picture of a cloth sheet and all of the speculation around titles in the test series.  I am just cautioning you and Fanatical to be careful of calling other research as speculation(Rusty's site) and yet you suggest the information in the reference links is something more than speculation when a major piece of the puzzle is unsolved.  I find discussions around this stuff more compelling than discussions around images of the same product being spoofed for the 100th time in ANS wackys or pretty colored borders, chromes and such but that is just me.

I don't understand all of the hostility towards Dave.  He is putting out theories, and you keep coming back like he is stating fact.  A decent back and forth of evidence in either direction will offer far more likely of a chance of resolution than looking for something to jump on.  Lighten up, and work him instead of against him and maybe some cool evidence will come to light.
Still looking for Series 17

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #391 on: July 28, 2016, 11:47:32 AM »
I recently bought this graded pack listed on ebay as a series 12.  Looks to me it is probably a series 9 as I think Cents or Czechlets is the sticker that shows through the back.  My question, most likely to Dave, is this pack a fake?  I remember reading somehwere that you said all known unfaked packs (after series 2) will have a puzzle card, facing either way, through the back of the pack.  I am pretty sure I killed some series 16 packs that had a sticker showing through the back, but 16's might be a different story since there are three stickers in the pack, not two.  Any thoughts out there?

« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 06:35:23 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #392 on: July 28, 2016, 05:05:05 PM »
I recently bought this graded pack listed on ebay as a series 12.  Looks to me it is probably a series 9 as I think Cents or Czechlets is the sticker that shows through the back. 
looks like the center piece of the Sootball 12th puzzle to me

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #393 on: July 28, 2016, 05:06:36 PM »

Ah, that's probably it.  Thanks!  So I guess this is a legit pack.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #394 on: July 28, 2016, 05:13:12 PM »
I have no idea why, but series with white back stickers seem to sometimes have a sticker showing through the seal instead of a puzzle piece. I have seen this on series 1 and 2 as well as 14,15 and 16, but never on a legit tan back series. No idea why.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #395 on: July 28, 2016, 05:14:34 PM »

Yes, and also, the 9th series did not use the 1975 expiration wall poster ad.

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #396 on: July 28, 2016, 06:28:49 PM »
Yes, and also, the 9th series did not use the 1975 expiration wall poster ad.

I wasn't sure either about that either, but Greg has one listed on his unopened pack page.

http://www.wackypackages.org/packs/9th_21_poster-exp75_smaller_images.html

Am I missing something?  Thsi pack has a series 9 puzzle piece showing though the back, Wack Pack Wall poster ad, 21 fold, and expires 7/30/75.

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #397 on: July 28, 2016, 06:30:17 PM »
I have no idea why, but series with white back stickers seem to sometimes have a sticker showing through the seal instead of a puzzle piece. I have seen this on series 1 and 2 as well as 14,15 and 16, but never on a legit tan back series. No idea why.

So I guess if you have a series 3 pack and there is a sticker showing though the back then you can assume there are white back stickers in there? 

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #398 on: July 28, 2016, 07:31:45 PM »
I wasn't sure either about that either, but Greg has one listed on his unopened pack page.

http://www.wackypackages.org/packs/9th_21_poster-exp75_smaller_images.html

Am I missing something?  Thsi pack has a series 9 puzzle piece showing though the back, Wack Pack Wall poster ad, 21 fold, and expires 7/30/75.

I don't agree with Greg's information in this regard. I know for a fact that many of his scans are of fake packs. To me, it makes zero sense that a 9th series pack could use the '75 expiration date when both the 10th and 11th series were still using the '74 wrapper. I will stick with this belief in the absence of concrete evidence to the contrary, but a scan of a pack that could well be fake doesn't qualify.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #399 on: July 28, 2016, 07:33:38 PM »
So I guess if you have a series 3 pack and there is a sticker showing though the back then you can assume there are white back stickers in there?

I can't say that for sure, just reporting what I've observed.

anything