Author Topic: Final Offer  (Read 14957 times)

Offline Ruffs

Re: Final Offer
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2012, 08:52:24 AM »
His wife would disagree. His name is "Mud".
Do you think she will sell the bracelet to remodel the kitchen? DOUBT IT

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2012, 10:40:55 AM »
Not sure what you want to know. His name is Jeff Adelman. His ebay id was "gojeffrey".
No, I meant does anyone know him, personally.

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2012, 10:50:25 AM »
No, I meant does anyone know him, personally.

Hey Brad - Yes, there are several of us 'older' collectors that know or have dealt with Jeff.  He dove into the art market when Topps Vault starting selling stuff shortly after 2000.  He purchased pieces from a few other collectors (i.e.- Scott Broberg, John Mellard, etc..) as well.  I do not think Jeff ever was into collecting Wackys themselves since he seems to be into several other things.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 11:07:08 AM by BRUTE_88 »

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2012, 12:43:33 PM »
I saw the episode today hoping to see a fun thing about Wacky art. Instead, it was more of an expose on a totally pathetic couple. The wife orders him to get rid of the paintings he loves so much. Reptile bitch. The husband has obviously agreed to her demand. Dickless. He trades one painting for a diamond bracelet and presents it to his wife. Her immediate response is that he must be joking and a bracelet won't do her any good. It doesn't occur to him to tell her what it's worth and that she might consider selling the bracelet, since she basically threw in his face. So he continues negotiations with the next pawn broker. It's clear who wears the panties in that household. Then you've got these pawn guys with all their half assed opinions of the Wacky art market which they admittedly based on poking around ebay for five minutes. The only one who had a clue was the guy who's gut hung down past his knees. The seller should have taken his offer.

dude...that was a great summation of what I saw as well...maybe more like $60-70K would have been achieved...he probably overpaid for those as well having recently acquired them ( last 10yrs) and it trying to recoup money and a nice profit...greedy - but he will need at least $100K to do an addition to his home in CALI...the wife was a reptile bitch - right one!!!

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2012, 07:36:18 AM »
Maybe insisting on $200K for the entire lot was really an expression of him not wanting to sell the art in the first place but agreeing to "try" and sell it to appease the wife.  The whole bracelet thing was odd - granted $5,000 is a very generous offer for one piece of ANS art, but who would accept at face value that a piece of jewelry some dude pulls out of his pocket is worth $5,000 just because he says so?  Good luck trying to flip it to a jeweler for anything close to that.  The $17,500 offer for the 3 pieces seemed fair, but no go.  Then the rotund dude with the cane overpays (IMO) for the Star Wars uncut sheet.  Very strange.  It was kind of frustrating to watch.  And the only reason his wife could give for selling the art was that she "didn't like it".  Whhaaaaattt?????  Didn't she know who she was marrying?

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2012, 09:58:44 AM »
dude...that was a great summation

If Plan 9 wrote reviews for TV Guide, I’d probably read the magazine more than watch the boob tube!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2012, 10:02:23 AM »
His wife would disagree. His name is "Mud".

When she gets really angry at her hubby, she hits below the belt and calls him Minute Mud    ;)

Offline Play-Dumb

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2012, 03:59:05 PM »
He guys, I was just poking around here and saw the posts on Final Offer. It is I, Jeff Adelman, the one you say has no balls! You guys are funny, as are my wife and I! Anyway, decided to take a portion of my 15 minutes of fame when offered it and thought it was too good a memory not to take the bracelet for Sneeze-It.  The producers of the show did not really care how badly you wanted to sell your items, only that you would negotiate in good faith. And that I did. But I do not want to sell my pieces. I want to get more of them! You think that my wife would make me do that? Or I would let her? I love her but come on! Remember, this is un-reality TV, athough I have to say it did capture some of the spirit of my relationship with my wife in terms of her being a tough cookie. She's actually a trial consultant if any of you guys are litigations. Quite talented she is! Peace. Jeff

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2012, 04:49:00 PM »
He guys, I was just poking around here and saw the posts on Final Offer. It is I, Jeff Adelman, the one you say has no balls! You guys are funny, as are my wife and I! Anyway, decided to take a portion of my 15 minutes of fame when offered it and thought it was too good a memory not to take the bracelet for Sneeze-It.  The producers of the show did not really care how badly you wanted to sell your items, only that you would negotiate in good faith. And that I did. But I do not want to sell my pieces. I want to get more of them! You think that my wife would make me do that? Or I would let her? I love her but come on! Remember, this is un-reality TV, athough I have to say it did capture some of the spirit of my relationship with my wife in terms of her being a tough cookie. She's actually a trial consultant if any of you guys are litigations. Quite talented she is! Peace. Jeff
I think you did great to dump Sneeze-IT if that bracelet was truly worth $5k.  So what is the story with this charity who wrote me claiming to have all of your art in their possession as a donation?  They were looking for someone to certify it as being worth $150k.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Play-Dumb

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2012, 05:44:02 PM »
The guy was looking for someone qualified to appraise the pieces in the event I was to donate some of them to a children's hospital. They don't want Hate and Kill though!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2012, 09:04:07 PM »
The guy was looking for someone qualified to appraise the pieces in the event I was to donate some of them to a children's hospital. They don't want Hate and Kill though!
"in the event you were to donate them" is very different than his claiming it was a done deal.  Not cool that the charity is represented by someone who is a liar.  He seemed a little odd throughout the whole dialogue I had with him and when I called him out on the fact that you claim you still have the artwork, he said all further dialogue had to be by phone.  I guess he didn't like that he put in writing that he had your artwork and it turned out not to be true.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2012, 09:21:19 PM »

Hi Jeff, welcome to the forum although I see you have been signed up for almost two years...LOL At least you are now participating. I was thrilled this the effort and the exposure to the hobby. You really have a wide variety of old and new art. Have you collected any new pieces since the show ran? Are you still collecting?

anything