Author Topic: Final Offer  (Read 14954 times)

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
Final Offer
« on: June 29, 2012, 04:39:51 PM »
Oh My God!  Surely I'm not the first person who is posting about this.

My son recorded a show on the Discovery Channel called "Final Offer" where people bring high-end collectibles to try to sell to these rich dudes.  Well a guy named Jeff Adelman (may not be spelled correct) just brought 15 pieces of original Wacky art to sell on the show.  I won't say what happened but I just got to know if anyone else saw it?

Here is a link to the show's website:

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/final-offer/

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 04:42:07 PM by BustedFinger »
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Re: Final Offer
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 04:44:19 PM »

My son recorded a show on the Discovery Channel called "Final Offer" where people bring high-end collectibles to try to sell to these rich dudes.  Well a guy named Jeff Adelman (may not be spelled correct) just brought 15 pieces of original Wacky art to sell on the show.  I won't say what happened but I just got to know if anyone else saw it?

Yes, there is- short discussion about it in the topic called "ratz" started yesterday morning
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 04:49:15 PM »
Well no wonder I didn't see it!  Something like this should be in the main Wacky discussion, not in the trading thread!

So who was that guy who had all the pieces for sale?  Wasn't there a thread a few weeks ago where somebody was wanting to get a valuation for a bunch of pieces art?  Something about getting a valuation because they were being donated to a charity?  Makes me wonder if it was this lot.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 05:39:22 PM »
Well no wonder I didn't see it!  Something like this should be in the main Wacky discussion, not in the trading thread!
geez. your such a thread snob  ;)
yeah, I agree, stuff like this should be brought to the main board. Wacky's on TV! awesome!
if this brings out more lost and forgotten collections, like that ratz and cracked in the other thread, all the better

I guess this is 'gojeffrey' on ebay? from Greg's site when he was tracking ebay auctions, it shows he won Sneez-It, Clunky, and some Irish art

Offline dth1971

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 05:56:34 PM »
Which ones were they?

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 08:15:01 PM »

Which pieces were offered?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 12:05:50 AM »
Which pieces were offered?
Hipton - Poster Art
Mr. stubble
pig newtons
clunky
Wrinkled Wrap
sneeze-it
brute-99
Hate and Kill - Irish?
soggy babies
Toad
Hungry Jerk
long-Line beer - Irish
Eviltime - Irish
Freight Guard - Rough
Koduck - Rough
Schtick Blades

Traded Sneeze it for 5k Diamond Bracelet .....good deal
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 09:34:42 AM by Rabid Shaver »

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 05:00:49 AM »
No way he was getting $200,000 for that lot.  The guy must have been seriously high.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 09:58:44 AM »
Does anyone know if/when thsi particular episode will be broadcast again?

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 10:26:07 AM »
The guy must have been seriously high.

... something that can happen whenever the Hipton dude is involved!

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 10:41:58 AM »
Wait isn't this the list that Ernie mentioned earlier this year.  The one a charity wanted to insure for $150K?

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2012, 11:12:12 AM »
Wait isn't this the list that Ernie mentioned earlier this year.  The one a charity wanted to insure for $150K?
why, yes it is...
http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=359.msg43369#msg43369

that was probably back during the time they filmed the episode, and someone was trying to get a feel for the real value of the lot

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 12:55:03 PM »
why, yes it is...
http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=359.msg43369#msg43369

that was probably back during the time they filmed the episode, and someone was trying to get a feel for the real value of the lot

Is this the guy "gojeffrey" who bid on many of the Topps Vault auctions back in the day?

Offline bandaches

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2012, 07:42:25 PM »
yes, this is the exact same lot so it appears it couldn't possibly have truly been donated to a charity so that guy wasn't truthful with me but instead it appears they were looking to get someone to certify that the lot was worth $150k possibly knowing this was going to be made available on the show so someone could be duped into paying $150k for the lot.  I asked the guy who contacted me claiming he had all of this in his possesion as part of a donation and he hasn't gotten back to me.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 10:17:11 PM »
Which episode is this art in? I can't seem to find it on the video clips -
Alex

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 05:38:46 AM »
Which episode is this art in? I can't seem to find it on the video clips -
Alex

Patrick (Fanatical_and_Sickly) reported he thought the episode was "Sink or Swim".
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 06:05:51 PM »
Does anyone know if/when thsi particular episode will be broadcast again?

no, not that i know...

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 05:40:44 PM »
What I found interesting was the narrator saying that the guy would have a hard time selling these pieces of art because the market for them was limited to only "hard-core Wacky collectors".  Maybe $150K - $200K was way too much to expect for these but I thought the guy was right for not selling them for $40K.

But his wife didn't think so....

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 11:08:15 AM »
The Final Offer episode entitled "Sink or Swim" will air on Discovery Channel Thursday July 12 at 10am PST.

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 11:50:20 AM »
The Final Offer episode entitled "Sink or Swim" will air on Discovery Channel Thursday July 12 at 10am PST.
I'm seeing it listed at the Discovery site at 1pm EDT and also 1pm PDT.
I'm guessing there is a different feed for the west coast that keeps it at 1pm for both time zones?

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2012, 12:32:54 AM »
I'm seeing it listed at the Discovery site at 1pm EDT and also 1pm PDT.
I'm guessing there is a different feed for the west coast that keeps it at 1pm for both time zones?
Directv says it will be on at 10am here in my time zone. I suggest anyone that wants to see it check your local listings that day.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 03:50:06 PM »
I checked the entire day's (Thurs July 12) listing on my AT&T U-Verse satellite listings today.  Though no episode titles were listed, I didn't see anything in the episode description that mentioned either Wacky Packages or anything that sounded like Wackys.  Does anyone know what other items were also bought/sold/auctioned during the "Sink or Swim" episode?  Perhaps I can determine which episode it is if I knew that information.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 03:52:47 PM by crackedjerk »

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2012, 05:15:16 PM »
I checked the entire day's (Thurs July 12) listing on my AT&T U-Verse satellite listings today.  Though no episode titles were listed, I didn't see anything in the episode description that mentioned either Wacky Packages or anything that sounded like Wackys.  Does anyone know what other items were also bought/sold/auctioned during the "Sink or Swim" episode?  Perhaps I can determine which episode it is if I knew that information.
the write up on the Discovery site mentions these other things for that episode

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/final-offer/episode-guide.html

SINK OR SWIM
The dealers wonder if there's money to be made on a car that walks on water. Rare Star Wars swag has Patrick moonstruck. And everybody scrambles to score some Blues Brothers bling. Someone goes home swimming in cash; others end up taking a bath.

Offline chipereno

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2012, 05:22:32 PM »
This Info was posted by Truant on the "other" Forum:

Wholy crap, I just found the show and watched it online. It's episode 5. It's on YouTube, but here's a link to the whole thing:

http://flashx.tv/video/WUNURR2971WD/finaloffers01e05hdtvx264-killers

Skip to 24:00 in the episode.

This was a collection by a guy named Jeff Adelman in Santa Monica, California, he has about 15 pieces of art, mostly original series (soggy babies, Brute 88, Schtick, Rinkled Wrap, Toad, Hungry Jerk Hockey Pucks, etc), irish art, poster art (Hipton) and some other low end stuff like an 85 piece, some ANS (Sneez-it) and roughs.

In the show, one of the dealers offers him a $5K bracelet for Sneeze-it and he (smartly) takes it. Good move on Jeff's part! Then he gets an offer of $41K for the collection (the top offer), turns it down and said his lowest point was $100K.

Jeff is a smart guy. The collection is probably worth more than $41K, but $100K is really the top-end, so he did the right thing. The story is totally believable, including the prices. However the dealer who traded the bracelet for Sneez-It got screwed if the bracelet was really worth $5K, cause Sneeze-it is $2K at best.

Cool show! Anyone know this guy, Jeff Adelman? He claims he's been collecting for 10 years, so he's a newbie...

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2012, 08:25:31 PM »
the write up on the Discovery site mentions these other things for that episode

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/final-offer/episode-guide.html

SINK OR SWIM
The dealers wonder if there's money to be made on a car that walks on water. Rare Star Wars swag has Patrick moonstruck. And everybody scrambles to score some Blues Brothers bling. Someone goes home swimming in cash; others end up taking a bath.

Thanks for the info!  Interestingly, when I was looking at the various episodes one at a time to try to determine which was the Wacky one, I recorded this one as it sounded interesting in its own right.  To add Wackys to it is fabulous.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2012, 12:18:50 PM »
I know this is kinda old news, but I only just now watched the episode. I think $200K for what he had was way too much, even half that was excessive for those pieces. I actually thought the $41K offer, he should probably have taken. I also think the offer of $17.5K (for Long Line, Hipton and Eviltime) should have been taken (his counter of needing $35K for those wasn't reasonable, to me).

His wife is a complete biatch. If I handed my wife a $5K bracelet and told her I'd gotten it in trade for a piece of Wacky art, she'd be pretty happy. She's not into Wackys, really, but would like them more if that happened, LOL.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2012, 02:33:52 PM »
I know this is kinda old news, but I only just now watched the episode. I think $200K for what he had was way too much, even half that was excessive for those pieces. I actually thought the $41K offer, he should probably have taken. I also think the offer of $17.5K (for Long Line, Hipton and Eviltime) should have been taken (his counter of needing $35K for those wasn't reasonable, to me).

His wife is a complete biatch. If I handed my wife a $5K bracelet and told her I'd gotten it in trade for a piece of Wacky art, she'd be pretty happy. She's not into Wackys, really, but would like them more if that happened, LOL.

Jewelry over Wackys?!?  Never!!

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2012, 05:39:01 PM »
Jewelry over Wackys?!?  Never!!
Oh come on Pat, you wouldn't take a 5 Karat Tennis Bracelet over Wacky Art?  There's only one way to wear SNEEZ-IT  on your wrist !!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2012, 05:48:03 PM »
I still have not gotten a straight answer from the charity that claimed all of these titles were donated to them on how geoff is still peddling these directly.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2012, 03:54:57 AM »
I saw the episode today hoping to see a fun thing about Wacky art. Instead, it was more of an expose on a totally pathetic couple. The wife orders him to get rid of the paintings he loves so much. Reptile bitch. The husband has obviously agreed to her demand. Dickless. He trades one painting for a diamond bracelet and presents it to his wife. Her immediate response is that he must be joking and a bracelet won't do her any good. It doesn't occur to him to tell her what it's worth and that she might consider selling the bracelet, since she basically threw in his face. So he continues negotiations with the next pawn broker. It's clear who wears the panties in that household. Then you've got these pawn guys with all their half assed opinions of the Wacky art market which they admittedly based on poking around ebay for five minutes. The only one who had a clue was the guy who's gut hung down past his knees. The seller should have taken his offer.

Offline Crust

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2012, 01:18:18 PM »
I also watched it and I agree he was pretty crazy too not take 17,500 that's a very generous offer, and if you do the math he traded one for a $5,000 bracelet and with that offer he would get even more money per painting. Also they made it sound like no one is interested in collecting Wackypackages...which if they did 2 seconds of research theyd realize is totally not true!

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2012, 02:00:35 PM »
Does anyone know who the Wacky Art owner is or better yet is he a Forum member ?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2012, 11:29:35 PM »
Does anyone know who the Wacky Art owner is or better yet is he a Forum member ?

He must not be a forum member. Knowing the pieces he has you would think we would know who he is. Anyone?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2012, 04:03:22 AM »
He must not be a forum member. Knowing the pieces he has you would think we would know who he is. Anyone?

Not sure what you want to know. His name is Jeff Adelman. His ebay id was "gojeffrey".

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2012, 08:37:18 AM »
His name is Jeff Adelman.
His wife would disagree. His name is "Mud".