Author Topic: Subset Idea: T. V. Shows On DVD  (Read 2020 times)

Offline 7-Pup

Subset Idea: T. V. Shows On DVD
« on: June 24, 2012, 02:13:54 PM »
How about a subset featuring T. V. shows on dvd? Ideas: Happy Days/ Sappy Days, Mork And Mindy/ Dork And Dimpy, Friends/ Fiends, Coach/ Roach, Married... With Children/ Buried... With Children, My Favorite Martian/ My Favorite Earthling. I know it's too late for ANS9, but why not think about the possibility for ANS10? Any thoughts? 

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
Re: Subset Idea: T. V. Shows On DVD
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 02:27:05 AM »
If they were to do a TV shows spoof subset, it might make more sense to do shows that are currently on the air/popular, don't you think?  I love the classic shows as much as anyone else but so many of those shows you listed are decades old.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline mikecho

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 05:11:24 AM »
And in 2014 S1, there was the subset called Terrible TV. Wish granted!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 10:22:55 AM by mikecho »

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 07:33:03 PM »
If they were to do a TV shows spoof subset, it might make more sense to do shows that are currently on the air/popular, don't you think?  I love the classic shows as much as anyone else but so many of those shows you listed are decades old.
An odd situation, classic shows that would make a good Old School subset, but in a product format not yet established until the late 90's.  Agree classic shows would be an odd fit with an ANS series as well though.  Maybe a "Back to the Future" subset for an Old School subset or insert set could work.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 09:27:19 AM »
Or maybe a Pack to the Future subset, similar to the one in ANS8? Say, something like Pack to the Future-The TV Version?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 10:23:42 AM by mikecho »