Author Topic: Old School 4  (Read 102963 times)

Offline wackygarbage

Re: Old School 4
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2012, 11:43:05 PM »
No promises, but I'll try to get some extras for the forum faithful. By the way, here's a better image of the design I made:

SORRY, BELATED SPOILER ALERT!!!

Thank you very much for any help you can offer in obtaining things like this for the faithful Forum members.  I will be the first to admit that I am not on here too often but that doesn't represent any negative feelings for the Forum.  Just that I don't have the time to check in on here all of the time.  I don't know how you or any of the other artists that are on here are able to work on all of the sketch card, card art, etc. AND still check in on here.  Thanks for all your hard work year round trying to keep up Wacky people happy!

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2012, 05:57:56 AM »
How apropos that Old School would self-parody - why should we be limited to Wormy packages after all?  Too funny.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2012, 06:56:53 AM »
Thank you very much for any help you can offer in obtaining things like this for the faithful Forum members.  I will be the first to admit that I am not on here too often but that doesn't represent any negative feelings for the Forum.  Just that I don't have the time to check in on here all of the time.  I don't know how you or any of the other artists that are on here are able to work on all of the sketch card, card art, etc. AND still check in on here.  Thanks for all your hard work year round trying to keep up Wacky people happy!

I'm not sure how I have time to be on here, either ;) ! By the way, thanks for the kind words! It means a lot coming from a true Wacky fan!

Well, gotta go and sketch some more...

-Neil

Offline wackygarbage

« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2012, 09:42:16 AM »
I'm not sure how I have time to be on here, either ;) ! By the way, thanks for the kind words! It means a lot coming from a true Wacky fan!

Well, gotta go and sketch some more...

-Neil

That's right Neil, back to work before I have to crack my whip!!!    WooooooooooooooTuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!! (whip cracking sound, kinda)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2012, 12:23:39 PM »

I will be the first to admit that I am not on here too often but that doesn't represent any negative feelings for the Forum. 

BTW, although some members spend more time logged on than others, everyone is equally important!  :afro:

Offline wackygarbage

Re: Old School 4, Wacky Halloween PCs, L.E. PCs Series 9
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2012, 04:15:51 AM »
BTW, although some members spend more time logged on than others, everyone is equally important!  :afro:

Thank you for the kind words.  I truly believe that those of on here that ACTUALLY collect the limited edition postcards (Regular, like 9 or 10, & HALLOWEEN Postcards).  I would really love a regular card size of the main titles in the L.E. sets that could be broken down and randomly feed and add them during the packaging process.  Treat the card like the Artist's Bio Cards are okay, but they get kind of boring to me release after release.

Maybe Neil Camera could make a suggestion to do them and have different scenarios that they are going through (i.e. - Wolfman getting a pedicure, Vampire working at a blood bank, Frankenstein going to a "Pick 'n Pull" automobile part, and MANY, MANY, MANY, more!!!)

Just a thought for Neil Camera

Michael Braum

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2012, 07:08:11 AM »
and here's the NYCC version of the promo card (as seen on ebay)

with an image of the back - which shows some titles, so hidden for spoilers

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Offline dth1971

« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2012, 12:18:46 PM »
Did the Topps booth at New York Comic Con also feature a few sneak peeks of a potential ANS10 Wacky Packages release for early 2013 tentative date?

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2012, 12:24:28 PM »
Did the Topps booth at New York Comic Con also feature a few sneak peeks of a potential ANS10 Wacky Packages release for early 2013 tentative date?
Not that I saw.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2012, 02:37:55 PM »
and here's the NYCC version of the promo card (as seen on ebay)

with an image of the back - which shows some titles, so hidden for spoilers

(Image removed from quote.)

[spoiler](Image removed from quote.)[/spoiler]

Sorry everyone -- I'm all out of the NYCC promos!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 04:58:38 AM by Monsterettes »

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2012, 04:19:50 PM »
PM sent.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2012, 07:15:02 PM »
PM sent.

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2012, 05:20:22 AM »
I was able to pick up some extras of these at the NYCC.  I'm happy to make my extras available to forum members. While I realize I can't control this, I'd prefer to send these to people who want them for their collection rather than to flip on ebay.  Let me know if you're interested. I should add, trades are welcome!  // Wow, lots of responses!  I think once the dust settles all my extras will be called for.  If that's not the case, I'll let everyone know. 
are they all the comic con version? Apparently some non-sport versions were handed out as well according to one eBay auction....
eBay auction: #110965058705

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: Old School 4, Wacky Halloween PCs, L.E. PCs Series 9
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2012, 06:35:52 AM »
Thank you for the kind words.  I truly believe that those of on here that ACTUALLY collect the limited edition postcards (Regular, like 9 or 10, & HALLOWEEN Postcards).  I would really love a regular card size of the main titles in the L.E. sets that could be broken down and randomly feed and add them during the packaging process.  Treat the card like the Artist's Bio Cards are okay, but they get kind of boring to me release after release.

Maybe Neil Camera could make a suggestion to do them and have different scenarios that they are going through (i.e. - Wolfman getting a pedicure, Vampire working at a blood bank, Frankenstein going to a "Pick 'n Pull" automobile part, and MANY, MANY, MANY, more!!!)

Just a thought for Neil Camera

Michael Braum

Yep, that's an idea we really want to do for a future set. Just haven't found the right place for them yet! Maybe someday soon?!

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2012, 09:21:09 AM »
I was able to pick up some extras of these at the NYCC.  I'm happy to make my extras available to forum members. While I realize I can't control this, I'd prefer to send these to people who want them for their collection rather than to flip on ebay.  Let me know if you're interested. I should add, trades are welcome!  // Wow, lots of responses!  I think once the dust settles all my extras will be called for.  If that's not the case, I'll let everyone know. 

Were these handed out as a loose card? or were they inside something else?

Offline dth1971

« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2012, 01:51:59 PM »

Monsterettes: Did you get my PM?

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2012, 05:30:04 PM »
are they all the comic con version? Apparently some non-sport versions were handed out as well according to one eBay auction....
eBay auction: #110965058705
The only ones I saw (and picked up) were the New York Comic Con version.  Although I was only there briefly on Friday. Very interesting to see that auction -- and that explanation.   

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2012, 05:32:44 PM »
Were these handed out as a loose card? or were they inside something else?
They were handed out as a loose card.  A stack sat on the top of the counter they had set up for their merchandise.  I took several and got a jaundiced look.... 

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2012, 06:56:25 PM »
OLDS4 will be at the printer in a few days. Just finished up the subset work.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2012, 09:57:46 AM »

Woo Hoo!  Looking forward to hearing more info and placing an order!

• Administrator
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2012, 10:19:50 AM »
sounds like we're right on track for a January release then  ;)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2012, 03:25:38 PM »
Haven't you heard, it's been can..  Nevermind  ;D

GREAT NEWS DAVE !
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline dth1971

« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2012, 06:44:08 PM »

If OS4 is now set for January 2013 release, will there be a pre order sale for it on Halloween or Thanksgiving?

Is there going to be another delay thanks to the recent wrath of SUPERSTORM SANDY on the East Coast/Northeastern States? Topps is headquartered in Dureya, PA.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 06:53:19 PM by dth1971 »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2012, 08:03:04 AM »
If OS4 is now set for January 2013 release, will there be a pre order sale for it on Halloween or Thanksgiving?

Is there going to be another delay thanks to the recent wrath of SUPERSTORM SANDY on the East Coast/Northeastern States? Topps is headquartered in Dureya, PA.

I thought Topps' headquarters were in NYC?  I think the Dureya PA location is a production facility.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2012, 01:21:48 PM »
I thought Topps' headquarters were in NYC?  I think the Dureya PA location is a production facility.

Topps HQ is in lower Manhattan's financial district. They were shut down this week due to flooding and power outages.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2012, 04:45:08 PM »

Don't know if there will be a delay or not. Topps can't even open until at least next Thursday. Maybe later.

It was never scheduled for January. End of November is the release date (if no delay). There will be a pre-order and I'll keep you informed on that when I get the info. This time around the pre-order is right before the main release date as it will already be printed and ready not the other way around.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2012, 04:52:20 PM »
Don't know if there will be a delay or not. Topps can't even open until at least next Thursday. Maybe later.

It was never scheduled for January. End of November is the release date (if no delay). There will be a pre-order and I'll keep you informed on that when I get the info. This time around the pre-order is right before the main release date as it will already be printed and ready not the other way around.

Keep in touch, slamjim, and I glad you survived SUPERSTORM Sandy recently!

Offline quas

« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2012, 07:31:21 PM »

Looking forward to the pre-order and the start of another roller coaster ride............
Marc

Offline Final Step

« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2012, 02:04:53 PM »
Looking forward to the pre-order and the start of another roller coaster ride............

Woo hoo!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2012, 04:44:22 PM »
Woo hoo!

Old School 4 - 4 Christmas? Commence the waiting !
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2012, 05:49:24 PM »
I'd be happy to see Olds 4 under the tree this year....   :a035:

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2012, 09:14:13 PM »
I'd be happy to see Olds 4 under the tree this year....   :a035:

IMO It would be a Miracle on 34th St and a Wonderful Life if we had OS 4 for Christmas.

Offline chipereno

« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2012, 05:21:23 AM »
It could happen..... :great:

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2012, 05:29:10 AM »
It could happen..... :great:

Will the back variations include camels with and without Santa hats?

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2012, 08:46:22 AM »
I'd rather see it released in late January, after the Christmas spending season is over.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who