Author Topic: Old School 4  (Read 102952 times)

Offline Jean Nutty

Re: Old School 4
« Reply #315 on: December 18, 2013, 02:53:57 PM »
Duane took it back?   ;)

LOL, I hate it when my repro gets repo’d

No idea if this is hi res or not

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #316 on: December 18, 2013, 09:01:04 PM »
I have a Duane repo if that will work?

That could work. Can you get me an 800dpi scan?

Thanks!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #317 on: December 19, 2013, 09:51:04 AM »
That could work. Can you get me an 800dpi scan?

Thanks!

Dave, my scanner keeps putting streaks through the image. I have cleaned it but it must be something with the scanner head. I'm going to get a new scanner today and will scan the card for you.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #318 on: December 19, 2013, 09:55:36 AM »
Dave, my scanner keeps putting streaks through the image. I have cleaned it but it must be something with the scanner head. I'm going to get a new scanner today and will scan the card for you.

[offtopic (briefly)]

What scanner do you like and why? Just curious as I have been looking around a little for one and would value your opinion, as I'm sure others here would too.

[/offtopic]

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #319 on: December 19, 2013, 01:13:13 PM »
[offtopic (briefly)]

What scanner do you like and why? Just curious as I have been looking around a little for one and would value your opinion, as I'm sure others here would too.

[/offtopic]

I use the HP Photosmart 7510. I've had it for a couple years and it works great but now for some reason it's putting streaks on the scans. It's been doing this for a while and I thought I just need to really clean it good. So I scrubbed the crap out of it and still had the same results. I looked this morning and Samsclub has the 7525 for $119. I just got home with it. It's almost cheaper buying a new printer when you run out of ink...LOL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #320 on: December 19, 2013, 02:12:55 PM »

You need to click on Full Size on the bottom and then right click and save.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #321 on: December 19, 2013, 02:19:30 PM »

As a hardcore archivist, I've run through a number of scanners.  Regarding the streaking:  There are two possible issues -

One is that the optical elements are starting to go, and in that case, your best bet IS to replace the scanner.  

The second possibility is that there are particulates stuck in front of the optic bar, like dust, hair, food... etc.  

I recently had problems of consistent streaking and as a last-ditch attempt to fix it, did something I've never done before - I disassembled my scanner.  Sure enough, there was physical debris.  Cleaned it out, and re-assembled but within a few minutes, I noticed another streak.  After a second round of disassembling, cleaning, and reassembling, all was good.  It's been a couple of months with no issues.  

Of course, taking apart a scanner is not something you're meant to do, and I suspect not all scanners can be easily taken apart.  That said, if you're considering tossing one in the trash, and you're so inclined, it can be a worthwhile attempt before trashing it.  

Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #322 on: December 19, 2013, 05:12:20 PM »
As a hardcore archivist, I've run through a number of scanners.  Regarding the streaking:  There are two possible issues -

One is that the optical elements are starting to go, and in that case, your best bet IS to replace the scanner.  

The second possibility is that there are particulates stuck in front of the optic bar, like dust, hair, food... etc.  

I recently had problems of consistent streaking and as a last-ditch attempt to fix it, did something I've never done before - I disassembled my scanner.  Sure enough, there was physical debris.  Cleaned it out, and re-assembled but within a few minutes, I noticed another streak.  After a second round of disassembling, cleaning, and reassembling, all was good.  It's been a couple of months with no issues.  

Of course, taking apart a scanner is not something you're meant to do, and I suspect not all scanners can be easily taken apart.  That said, if you're considering tossing one in the trash, and you're so inclined, it can be a worthwhile attempt before trashing it.  

Mine is an all in one printer. I love the sheet feed scanning option. I think I will give it to my neighbor before throwing it. I paid $119 for the printer and an extra set of ink and the ink was $105. Granted I bought the XL ink carts but this is kind of a total racket. A person could just buy another printer every 6 months and our land fills would be full.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #323 on: December 19, 2013, 05:15:39 PM »
Mine is an all in one printer. I love the sheet feed scanning option.
try not to run that cracked animals through the sheet feed too many times. it'll probably crease it or pop a perf.  >(

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #324 on: December 19, 2013, 06:03:32 PM »
try not to run that cracked animals through the sheet feed too many times. it'll probably crease it or pop a perf.  >(

HaHa, its a reproduction so it's pretty safe. The printer actually has both options.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #325 on: December 19, 2013, 09:29:00 PM »
I use the HP Photosmart 7510. I've had it for a couple years and it works great but now for some reason it's putting streaks on the scans. It's been doing this for a while and I thought I just need to really clean it good. So I scrubbed the crap out of it and still had the same results. I looked this morning and Samsclub has the 7525 for $119. I just got home with it. It's almost cheaper buying a new printer when you run out of ink...LOL

Thanks, Brad - we had that ink cartridge type issue years ago when we bought a great copier only to later find out that if you ran out of black ink you always had to replace ALL four cartridges - AND they dried up if you didn't use for 3-4 weeks (like on a long road-trip/vacation). Definitely a racket! Interesting they are still doing this 10 years later...

Cracked Animals was the die-cut card I wanted when I first saw it. I recall asking Greg about it - I had no clue it was such a hard card to get - it was a funny exchange!