Author Topic: Old School 4  (Read 102886 times)

Offline Swiski

Re: Old School 4
« Reply #175 on: December 26, 2012, 06:51:57 PM »
I got my shipping notice for the OS4, but not the Christmas Comic. Weird!

Offline Kook

« Reply #176 on: December 26, 2012, 07:14:26 PM »
I got my shipping notice for the OS4, but not the Christmas Comic. Weird!

I notice the ad said do not open until December 31st. Maybe the comic won't ship until the 1st of the year??

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #177 on: December 26, 2012, 07:40:13 PM »
Got my shipping notice too but I am on the West Coast - maybe we'll get here by next Wednesday.
Chose free shipping via ground. No notice yet on the order with the holiday comic though.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: December 26, 2012, 08:56:44 PM »
Nothing for me yet. I'll be lucky to get them before next weekend at this rate.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #179 on: December 27, 2012, 04:39:39 AM »
My Wackys are out for delivery as of 7:03 am.  Gotta see if I can stop home around lunchtime, might get lucky and be here to sign for them.  If so, I'll share some pics in a spoiler thread.

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #180 on: December 27, 2012, 05:51:58 AM »
My Wackys are out for delivery as of 7:03 am.  Gotta see if I can stop home around lunchtime, might get lucky and be here to sign for them.  If so, I'll share some pics in a spoiler thread.

Mine is marked as signature required also. What happens to the package if i'm not home to sign for it?

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #181 on: December 27, 2012, 06:09:13 AM »
Mine is marked as signature required also. What happens to the package if i'm not home to sign for it?
I WILL BET DOLLARS FOR DOUGHNUTS THEY WILL LEAVE THE PACKAGE
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

• Administrator
« Reply #182 on: December 27, 2012, 08:10:14 AM »
they usually leave a post-it with all the options available - attempt re-delivery, pre-sign for drop off w/o signature, pick-up at the UPS station, etc.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #183 on: December 27, 2012, 08:16:03 AM »
I found out they didn't ship my overnight order because of the comic. They are shipping my order today but no idea when the comic will ship.

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #184 on: December 27, 2012, 08:20:04 AM »
they usually leave a post-it with all the options available - attempt re-delivery, pre-sign for drop off w/o signature, pick-up at the UPS station, etc.
I was wondering because I have seen some weird stuff in the past. Recently I bought a giant boom box online and it was shipped in the box the stereo was packed in. FED EX left the freaking thing on my front porch with SONY stereo pictures and literature all over the box and the post it note thingy was stuck to it with nothing filled out. I flipped out when I saw what they did.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #185 on: December 27, 2012, 09:21:56 AM »
I was shocked to get my shipping notice earlier today as I NEVER get my stuff shipped on the first day. Hoping to see Wacky's at my door by Friday. WooHoo!!!

My shipment is now listed as out for delivery so it looks like I'll have mine by the end of the day. It also indicates signature required.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #186 on: December 27, 2012, 09:27:27 AM »

What usually happens to me is I miss them, and can't call and talk to them until the next day to arrange for pickup at their facility, so I end up having to wait until the following day.  That's what I'm expecting this time, which, sadly, will mean a Monday pickup, and a lost weekend.  But, I've come home for a bit now hoping for an afternoon delivery, and will see if I can get home early this evening, just in case.  Hmmm, I'm wondering if they allow Saturday pickups?  That I could do!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #187 on: December 27, 2012, 09:28:16 AM »
My shipment is now listed as out for delivery so it looks like I'll have mine by the end of the day. It also indicates signature required.

Mine are also showing sig required. I've told Topps to not require a signature and they have done that in the past but now I have 3 shipments coming in and all have sig required. I wonder if Mike J is on vacation this week and they have some rookies working the back office?
I'm generally home but it sucks if I have an appointment and I just miss the UPS guy.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #188 on: December 27, 2012, 09:29:57 AM »
What happens to the package if i'm not home to sign for it?
I wasn't home and it was left on my front porch. Truthfully, was a bit surprised to see them this quickly.

Offline steveandcelia

« Reply #189 on: December 27, 2012, 09:40:37 AM »
I'm West Coast too!   ... probably won't see mine 'til next Wed.!  Darn!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #190 on: December 27, 2012, 09:50:47 AM »
Just realized UPS is off Monday, so if I miss today's delivery I'll probably have to wait until next Wednesday, too.   >(

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #191 on: December 27, 2012, 09:51:40 AM »
I wasn't home and it was left on my front porch. Truthfully, was a bit surprised to see them this quickly.
You gotta  post pics!!! Wow, so quick... ;D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #192 on: December 27, 2012, 09:56:40 AM »
I'm West Coast too!   ... probably won't see mine 'til next Wed.!  Darn!

My 2 ground deliveries are showing next Thurs because of UPS being off Monday.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #193 on: December 27, 2012, 09:57:47 AM »
Mine is in New Jersry as of 5:00 AM.  It should hit Chicago area by Friday evening or Saturday,  I would venture to guess I am going to get mine on Wednesday

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #194 on: December 27, 2012, 09:59:17 AM »
Mine is in New Jersry as of 5:00 AM.  It should hit Chicago area by Friday evening or Saturday,  I would venture to guess I am going to get mine on Wednesday

It states on your tracking what day to expect delivery.

Offline grabowski67

« Reply #195 on: December 27, 2012, 10:34:04 AM »
UPS just dropped off my two boxes and a OS4 binder. Don't have time to open packages but opened one box already to get to sketch. Totally dislike the quality of the artwork. Don't even know who sketched??? Looks like scribble. Don't have time to post picture or review of cards. Have to head to work. I am in NJ. Hopefully other sketch is of better quality.

« Reply #196 on: December 27, 2012, 10:38:56 AM »
I'm in Joliet and my order is arriving friday no later than noon
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #197 on: December 27, 2012, 10:44:56 AM »
Just received a Shipping confirmation from Topps on the Christmas Comic (and a binder I ordered at the same time).
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

• Administrator
« Reply #198 on: December 27, 2012, 10:45:32 AM »
just got my shipping notice!!  err, for my holiday comic, that is.

still no notice for my OLDS4. this is completely ridiculous.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #199 on: December 27, 2012, 10:48:26 AM »
I just got a second confirmation email that my other order has shipped. This order has the Halloween binder and the new comic #3.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #200 on: December 27, 2012, 10:54:40 AM »
I just got my Holiday comic shipping notice, too.  Hopefully that won't require a signature.........  if not, I could possibly have it tomorrow.

« Reply #201 on: December 27, 2012, 11:10:01 AM »
I just switched to firefox does anyone have a clue why on ebay it will not let me switch in the drop down box from "best match" to "newly listed ?
You can answer on my thread                                                 LKM

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #202 on: December 27, 2012, 01:10:37 PM »
Olds 4 is in hand. We are crackin' packs !!!!

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #203 on: December 28, 2012, 07:34:05 AM »
I just checked UPS tracking. My order was sent to the wrong hub in upstate New York (I live in Ga.). Now they are saying that it will not deliver until next Wednesday at best. Eegads.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

• Administrator
« Reply #204 on: December 28, 2012, 07:41:04 AM »
delivery dates finally appearing for my packages. Next Friday. ouch! at least I'll get them before the weekend.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #205 on: December 28, 2012, 07:47:22 AM »
I have my initial 2 ground shipments coming next Thurs. That is why I overnighted a shipment with a couple binders. Topps has a great deal on overnight shipping now. I got 18 boxes and 2 binders and the shipping for overnight was only $70. You may think this is high but I have paid $225 for overnight for 20 boxes in the past.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #206 on: December 28, 2012, 08:46:42 AM »
I was hoping my order might squeek in today so I had it before the weekend, but it doesn't look like it will. Normally, if it leaves Parsipanny, NJ depot one day, it will be in Terre Haute the next. UPS tracking shows it left Pasipanny at 4:06am Thursday but it has a WEATHER ADVISORY flag and the Terre Haute depot has not received it yet. It will probably arrive at the local depot here today sometime and sit at the depot until Monday for delivery (local UPS loads trucks in the morning and, usually, items that arrive after 7am don't make it onto the delivery trucks until the next morning). 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #207 on: December 28, 2012, 08:57:38 AM »
I was hoping my order might squeek in today so I had it before the weekend, but it doesn't look like it will. Normally, if it leaves Parsipanny, NJ depot one day, it will be in Terre Haute the next. UPS tracking shows it left Pasipanny at 4:06am Thursday but it has a WEATHER ADVISORY flag and the Terre Haute depot has not received it yet. It will probably arrive at the local depot here today sometime and sit at the depot until Monday for delivery (local UPS loads trucks in the morning and, usually, items that arrive after 7am don't make it onto the delivery trucks until the next morning). 

UPS doesn't deliver ground on Monday so it wouldn't be until Wed. The damn holiday screwed me up too. Maybe you can pick it up later today?

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #208 on: December 28, 2012, 09:09:53 AM »
UPS doesn't deliver ground on Monday so it wouldn't be until Wed. The damn holiday screwed me up too. Maybe you can pick it up later today?

Holy Holidays Batman! I don't realize UPS is closed BOTH Monday and Tuesday. Good suggestion though... the UPS depot is right along one of my possible routes home from work. I will keep an eye on the status today and turn on the email notifications for updates. If it arrives in Terre Haute before 5pm, I might still be able to nab it before the weekend. Its already noon, however...   Does it make me seem pathetic that I, a 50-some year old man, am willing to go out of my way to try and get a bunch of dopey stickers before the weekend? Rhetorical question... of course not!!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 10:50:14 AM by sco(o)t »

« Reply #209 on: December 28, 2012, 10:36:44 AM »
I have 1 order that says ...in transit on time... and 1 ordeer that says...in transit...

anything