Author Topic: Old School 4  (Read 102965 times)

Offline quas

Re: Old School 4
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2012, 10:37:46 AM »
I'd rather see it released in late January, after the Christmas spending season is over.

Same here.  The holiday season is packed enough as it is, and having something to look forward to in January besides weight-loss commercials would be nice (although NFL playoff games do a pretty good job as well).
Marc

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2012, 10:58:44 AM »
Will the back variations include camels with and without Santa hats?
I say do reindeer on the back, with black or red nose variations, lol.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2012, 02:48:34 PM »
I'd rather see it released in late January, after the Christmas spending season is over.
I thought folks complained before about January because they were too broke paying off credit from Christmas spending...
I do like the idea of OLDS being 6 months away from ANS releases though

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2012, 02:55:05 PM »
I'm surprised there hasn't been an announcement yet since Dave said end of Nov.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2012, 03:38:12 PM »
I'm surprised there hasn't been an announcement yet since Dave said end of Nov.
That's because it ain't the end of November just yet chappy.  :o

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2012, 05:20:21 PM »

IMO It would be a Miracle on 34th St and a Wonderful Life if we had OS 4 for Christmas.

Good One ! It may be a Blue Christmas, but at least a Happy New Year
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #111 on: November 15, 2012, 05:38:01 PM »
I'll post the info on the pre-sale soon (very soon...very VERY soon). Starting up a Spoiler page which will have a little extra info.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2012, 06:18:14 PM »
That's because it ain't the end of November just yet chappy.  :o

Dave said the series will be available at the end of Nov so I would anticipate some per-order news about now.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2012, 07:14:55 PM »
I say do reindeer on the back, with black or red nose variations, lol.

Brilliant!  :great:

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2012, 08:39:32 PM »
Good One ! It may be a Blue Christmas, but at least a Happy New Year

Hey Jeff, Thank you, Thank you very much-LOL. May OS 4 be in everyones home before the 25th of Dec.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2012, 08:21:15 PM »
Things are going well with the printing and packing. On schedule to be shipped before the year ends. It's quite possible these may even be in hands before Christmas.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2012, 12:51:44 PM »
Things are going well with the printing and packing. On schedule to be shipped before the year ends. It's quite possible these may even be in hands before Christmas.
Thanks for the update, Dave. I hope you didn't just jinx us.   ;)

Offline dth1971

« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2012, 07:11:17 PM »

So it could be shipped out the week before Christmas rather than the December 28 pre New Years target?

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2012, 12:21:52 PM »
So it could be shipped out the week before Christmas rather than the December 28 pre New Years target?

For something that we could have in our hands next week, Not much conversation has been said about OS 4 lately, What's up?

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2012, 12:30:58 PM »

For something that we could have in our hands next week, Not much conversation has been said about OS 4 lately, What's up?

I really like the series the artwork is fantastic!!the sketches are to die for!! all color sketches this time around is amazing!! love the special surprise in the boxes..Dave is really outdoing himslef on this one...did any one get their boxes as well...do tell!! too bad for those who only ordered one box :((((

how's that Shoe for commenting!!!"Synthetic OLDS 4"!! Love it!!

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #120 on: December 18, 2012, 12:37:25 PM »
                                      HERE I WILL SAY IT THIS TIME       OLDS 4 HAS BEEN CANCELLED       I'M MOVING ONTO THE OLDS 5 & 6 DOUBLE RELEASE
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2012, 12:53:59 PM »
all color sketches this time around is amazing!!

Wouldn't that be ironic if there were only a couple B & W's. Those would be more rare than the color. What a concept.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2012, 07:43:19 PM »
I really like the series the artwork is fantastic!!the sketches are to die for!! all color sketches this time around is amazing!! love the special surprise in the boxes..Dave is really outdoing himslef on this one...did any one get their boxes as well...do tell!! too bad for those who only ordered one box :((((

how's that Shoe for commenting!!!"Synthetic OLDS 4"!! Love it!!

Thank you for your input Joe, All the comments you made about this series is true, I haven't ordered any boxes yet, But I will soon.

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #123 on: December 19, 2012, 07:17:07 AM »
Hey Shoe,

Thanks for the Christmas card.  It is always nice to get a thought, Wacky card from fellow enthusiast.  I hope you and your family have a great Christmas.
Still looking for Series 17

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2012, 07:36:00 AM »
                                      HERE I WILL SAY IT THIS TIME       OLDS 4 HAS BEEN CANCELLED       I'M MOVING ONTO THE OLDS 5 & 6 DOUBLE RELEASE

NICELY DONE DPV!!! I SECOND THAT MOTION!!! MERRY XMAS!!AND A WACKY NEW YEAR!!! :] :] :]

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #125 on: December 19, 2012, 07:38:25 AM »
NICELY DONE DPV!!! I SECOND THAT MOTION!!! MERRY XMAS!!AND A WACKY NEW YEAR!!! :] :] :]

With the world ending on Friday we probably won't see them anyway :o

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #126 on: December 19, 2012, 08:17:50 AM »
With the world ending on Friday we probably won't see them anyway :o
It is official the Mayan Apocalypse has officially been CANCELED   :D

Offline quas

« Reply #127 on: December 19, 2012, 10:00:27 AM »

It would be interesting to challenge the Wacky sketch artists to each sketch their own individual depiction of the end of the world.
Marc

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #128 on: December 19, 2012, 11:14:20 AM »
It would be interesting to challenge the Wacky sketch artists to each sketch their own individual depiction of the end of the world.

That would be cool.
I see that Patrick was on the forum today so he hasn't taken off in a spaceship because of doomsday. We must be in the clear!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2012, 12:39:24 PM »

I saw a cartoon that said the Mayan apocalypse was definitely coming because the world was out of Twinkies............................

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #130 on: December 19, 2012, 03:21:00 PM »
I saw a cartoon that said the Mayan apocalypse was definitely coming because the world was out of Twinkies............................
They still make twinkies in Canada
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #131 on: December 19, 2012, 03:22:42 PM »
I see that Patrick was on the forum today so he hasn't taken off in a spaceship because of doomsday. We must be in the clear!

He could be in orbit with his iPad                               - Ground Control to Major Tom -

• Administrator
« Reply #132 on: December 19, 2012, 03:29:36 PM »
That would be cool.
eh, as usual, they loaded the spaceships in alphabetic order and they ran out of seats before they got to Z.

and from the foreign internet rumors...

Subject: NASA predicts total blackout on 21-23 Dec 2012 during alignment of Universe.

US scientists predict Universe change, total blackout of planet for 3 days from Dec 21 2012.

It is not the end of the world, it is an alignment of the Universe, where the Sun and the earth will align for the first time. The earth will shift from the current third dimension to zero dimension, then shift to the forth dimension. During this transition, the entire Universe will face a big change, and we will see a entire brand new world..

The 3 days blackout is predicted to happen on Dec 21, 22, 23....during this time, staying calm is most important, hug each other, sleep for 3 nights...and those who survive will face a brand new world....for those not prepared, many will die because of fear. Be happy, enjoy every moment now. Don't worry. There is a lot of talk about what will happen in 2012, but many people don't believe it, and don't want to talk about it
for fear of creating fear and panic. We don't know what will happen, but it is worth listening to USA's NASA talk about preparation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aj1lyEHbZE&feature=related

Whether it's true or not, better be prepared. No panic, stay calm. Remember to smile more, love more, forgive more...everyday.

Better avoid traveling during December.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #133 on: December 19, 2012, 03:39:30 PM »

Glad, even the Y2K fiasco back in 1999 was a hoax as well!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #134 on: December 19, 2012, 03:41:47 PM »
We should have started a tumor that Topps predicted the end of the world when the 2010 Wacky calendar ran out..... :P

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #135 on: December 19, 2012, 04:25:30 PM »
eh, as usual, they loaded the spaceships in alphabetic order and they ran out of seats before they got to Z.

and from the foreign internet rumors...

Subject: NASA predicts total blackout on 21-23 Dec 2012 during alignment of Universe.

US scientists predict Universe change, total blackout of planet for 3 days from Dec 21 2012.

It is not the end of the world, it is an alignment of the Universe, where the Sun and the earth will align for the first time. The earth will shift from the current third dimension to zero dimension, then shift to the forth dimension. During this transition, the entire Universe will face a big change, and we will see a entire brand new world..

The 3 days blackout is predicted to happen on Dec 21, 22, 23....during this time, staying calm is most important, hug each other, sleep for 3 nights...and those who survive will face a brand new world....for those not prepared, many will die because of fear. Be happy, enjoy every moment now. Don't worry. There is a lot of talk about what will happen in 2012, but many people don't believe it, and don't want to talk about it
for fear of creating fear and panic. We don't know what will happen, but it is worth listening to USA's NASA talk about preparation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aj1lyEHbZE&feature=related

Whether it's true or not, better be prepared. No panic, stay calm. Remember to smile more, love more, forgive more...everyday.

Better avoid traveling during December.

So the sun and the earth are not in alignment today, huh? Or is this something deeper like the slight warping of space around massive objects will temporarily be suspended allowing them to truly be aligned... In that case we have more to worry about than a little old blackout. Either way, sounds like we should open Christmas presents on Thursday night. Oh, those un-named US scientists always crack me up.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: December 19, 2012, 05:20:53 PM »
So the sun and the earth are not in alignment today, huh?

I know, right? how ridiculous is that. at least in the 1982 "alignment" scare there was a real syzygy that occurred. Of course there were dire predictions then too, and just as always, nothing happened.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #137 on: December 19, 2012, 06:25:40 PM »
Hey Shoe,

Thanks for the Christmas card.  It is always nice to get a thought, Wacky card from fellow enthusiast.  I hope you and your family have a great Christmas.

You are welcome Bill, Hope to see you at either the spring or fall show in the new year.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #138 on: December 19, 2012, 07:20:23 PM »
I know, right? how ridiculous is that. at least in the 1982 "alignment" scare there was a real syzygy that occurred. Of course there were dire predictions then too, and just as always, nothing happened.

Well, I, for one, am really looking forward to the transition to zero dimensions as I have been trying to lose some weight. But that transition to four dimensions is going to be a killer. How do we even know what's average, fashionable, or even healthy for the new dimension... Whatever it is?
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2012, 07:44:22 PM »
But that transition to four dimensions is going to be a killer.
And then, what's after that?

« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 07:46:13 PM by bigtomi »