Author Topic: To all "Forum" members  (Read 17972 times)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
Re: To all "Forum" members
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2010, 01:07:55 AM »
I think that is totally awesome.  I'll tell you a story as to how I came to share in your optimistic attitude.

My mother died of kidney cancer in '07 after a 1.5 year battle.  For most mom's life, her eccentricities alienated her from the family, friends, and myself.  But that all changed once she was diagnosed.  I was a cynical bastard from age 14-30.  While I acknowledge that she was the bane of my existence for most my life I can also say that last 1.5 year was awesome for us as we let go of our issues and lived for once.  I spent more time with her in that last three months than I did since I was a teenager.  When she finally died I realized how fleeting life is changed my outlook on life.  And this positivity stills rolls on three years later-  I quit working full-time and used my G.I. Bill to pay my through college (it was her wish that I got a higher education).  Now I'm graduating with a BS in Asian History this Friday... life is good!

R
That is a great story! I just lost my Father (Pops) about 6 months ago, he was my best friend and him and my Mother are the ones responsible for my positive outlook on life! They were the greatest parents anyone could ever wish for, I still have Mom but she is still heartbroken over Pops...They were married almost 53 years!!! Take Care...Ron.
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2010, 01:54:35 PM »
Hello Rod, it is ironic that you post to me today as I just found out a few hours ago that my (Kidneys) have gotten a lot worse and if this trend continues lets just say it wont be good for me very possibly the end as I cannot go on "Dialysis" because of the threat of infection wich would also probably kill me. All I can do is live day by day and be there for my family as best as I can. Take care my WACKY friend...RonZ 8)

I like your positive outlook on life.  Being in the medical field, I am curious as to why you can't do dialysis.  I've seen many people live for years with chronic kidney disease.  Like you said however, there is a risk of infection but that can often be managed with IV antibiotics.  I think I may also remember that your immune system is weak from a previous transplant of some sort and the subsequent medications you must be on for that.  I agree with what you said about living one day at a time and making the best of it.  I hope you can get past this latest hurdle in your life.  Keep your spirits up.

eman

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2010, 04:10:48 PM »
I like your positive outlook on life.  Being in the medical field, I am curious as to why you can't do dialysis.  I've seen many people live for years with chronic kidney disease.  Like you said however, there is a risk of infection but that can often be managed with IV antibiotics.  I think I may also remember that your immune system is weak from a previous transplant of some sort and the subsequent medications you must be on for that.  I agree with what you said about living one day at a time and making the best of it.  I hope you can get past this latest hurdle in your life.  Keep your spirits up.

eman
Thank you my friend, The reason I cannot go on "Dialysis" is because I'm more than 5 years out from my "Liver Transplant" (5/31/03) because of that they're afraid that with my weekened imune system if I get an infection it would probably be fatal! Do'nt worry about me Brother I'll make it through this somehow. Thanks for the support. your WACKY friend...Ron. :)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2010, 05:01:14 PM »
I haven't been here long enough to experience your "meaningless posts," but don't let that person get you down.  Post away.  People always post weird bs- it's the internet. 
If you haven't read the posts I referenced, I'd suggest not commenting on them.
If even one person out of a thousand enjoys your post then it's worth it.
It's "worth" it to who?
That is one HELL of a philosophy!

I hope you get better Ron....maybe this will lighten your mood...

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2010, 05:21:57 PM »
Ron,
My thoughts are with you and I wish you the best! Hang in there buddy!!!
Thanks for the support my friend! It's always very appreciated ;) All my WACKY best...Ron. :)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2010, 05:23:09 PM »
If you haven't read the posts I referenced, I'd suggest not commenting on them. It's "worth" it to who?

I hope you get better Ron....maybe this will lighten your mood...
(Image removed from quote.)
LOL! Thanks Rob...I needed a laugh!!! :]

Offline Rod Wad

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2010, 05:52:53 PM »
If you haven't read the posts I referenced, I'd suggest not commenting on them. It's "worth" it to who?

Just trying to keep it positive, bud.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2010, 06:31:42 PM »
It's a little belated, but all my best wishes to you Ron.  It was so cool to actually meet in person at the Philly Show, I'm rooting for you man!   :-*

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2010, 06:42:02 PM »
It's a little belated, but all my best wishes to you Ron.  It was so cool to actually meet in person at the Philly Show, I'm rooting for you man!   :-*
Hello Elizabeth, It was very nice to meet you also, you are a real sweetheart! I hope you make it to the "Fall Show" I plan on attending both days and spending a lot more time w/my "WACKY" friends, last time was a blast but I was in a rush to get home for (Band practice) not next time I'm just going to take it slow and enjoy all my Wacky friends...See you then! Your WACKY friend...Ron. ;)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2010, 07:06:35 PM »
Yeah, we better be able to get to spend a little more time together than a "Hello".  8)

Keep up the postitive attitude, we're on your Wacky side dude !
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2010, 07:20:39 PM »
Same here Ron, get well buddy!  We need to catch up more at the October Philly show....  I'm counting on you being there!  Hang in there, we're all rooting for you to get better.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2010, 09:23:24 PM »
Yeah, we better be able to get to spend a little more time together than a "Hello".  8)

Keep up the postitive attitude, we're on your Wacky side dude !
Thanks Jeff, I'm sorry we did'nt get to hang out, we will have to party next time we get together! Your WACKY friend...Ron. :)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2010, 09:25:06 PM »
Same here Ron, get well buddy!  We need to catch up more at the October Philly show....  I'm counting on you being there!  Hang in there, we're all rooting for you to get better.
You got it my WACKY friend! See you in the Fall!!!

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2010, 07:42:44 PM »
I am a little late here too, but I wish you the best, Ron.  I really dont spend as much time on the forum these days because there is so much going on in my life.  I wish I could make it to a show but it seems like there is always something going on that prevents it.  I did meet three Wacky dudes in Minnesota once.  That was fun.  Again, I wish you the best and hope things stabilize for you.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2010, 08:56:48 PM »
I am a little late here too, but I wish you the best, Ron.  I really dont spend as much time on the forum these days because there is so much going on in my life.  I wish I could make it to a show but it seems like there is always something going on that prevents it.  I did meet three Wacky dudes in Minnesota once.  That was fun.  Again, I wish you the best and hope things stabilize for you.
Thanks Gary, I know you mean it I would say that I've been through worse, but to be honest it looks like this is going to be just like w/my "Liver" I get to live the nightmare all over again (I hope)...The bottom line is if I do'nt get a new "Kidney" soon I will probably die, that's the cold hard truth of it. Thanks again, your "WACKY" friend...Ron :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 08:58:38 PM by RonZombie »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2010, 09:45:05 PM »
Thanks Gary, I know you mean it I would say that I've been through worse, but to be honest it looks like this is going to be just like w/my "Liver" I get to live the nightmare all over again (I hope)...The bottom line is if I do'nt get a new "Kidney" soon I will probably die, that's the cold hard truth of it. Thanks again, your "WACKY" friend...Ron :)

Ron, sorry to hear about this. Why did you need a liver transplant? What condition do you have that you have to deal with these health issues. Don't want to pry but there are a lot of stuff floating around on this topic and most of us don't know what you are really dealing with. Again sorry to hear about this. This just seems so surreal and in the grand scheme of things, wacky's don't seem that important.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2010, 12:12:43 AM »
Ron, sorry to hear about this. Why did you need a liver transplant? What condition do you have that you have to deal with these health issues. Don't want to pry but there are a lot of stuff floating around on this topic and most of us don't know what you are really dealing with. Again sorry to hear about this. This just seems so surreal and in the grand scheme of things, wacky's don't seem that important.
Thanks Brad, I must correct you without "Wackys" I would probably go nuts! They make me laugh every single day...and like they say laughter is the best medicine :] To answer your question I have a rare blood disease called "Wilsons Disease" that contributed to my "Liver Transplant" what basicly happened was by the time I got my transplant (Liver) it had severly damaged my (Kidneys) they told me after my transplant (5/31/03) I would probably need a (Kidney) transplant within 5-10 years, and it will be 7 years in a week from monday. Thanks for the support Brad, I will not go down without a fight! I've been chronicly ill for almost 14 years so I'm ready to give it my all! Life is good...I'm not going anywhere!!! ;)

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2010, 05:12:09 PM »
Thanks Brad, I must correct you without "Wackys" I would probably go nuts! They make me laugh every single day...and like they say laughter is the best medicine :] To answer your question I have a rare blood disease called "Wilsons Disease" that contributed to my "Liver Transplant" what basicly happened was by the time I got my transplant (Liver) it had severly damaged my (Kidneys) they told me after my transplant (5/31/03) I would probably need a (Kidney) transplant within 5-10 years, and it will be 7 years in a week from monday. Thanks for the support Brad, I will not go down without a fight! I've been chronicly ill for almost 14 years so I'm ready to give it my all! Life is good...I'm not going anywhere!!! ;)

Ron - I too want to chime in and wish you the very best.  Very odd to hear about someone who has "Wilsons Disease".  I hear that diagnosis a lot on the TV show "House" but have never known anyone who had it in real life.  I hope everything works out for you.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2010, 07:26:38 PM »
Ron - I too want to chime in and wish you the very best.  Very odd to hear about someone who has "Wilsons Disease".  I hear that diagnosis a lot on the TV show "House" but have never known anyone who had it in real life.  I hope everything works out for you.
I have never seen the Show, is it a Medical program? Actualy through "Chemotharapy" (3 Times from other medical issues) A lot of those symptoms are gone, but the damage has already been done to my "Kidneys" & they have nowhere to go but down, that"s just the way that it is I will need another transplant (Kidney) in a year or two or I will die it is as simple as that. Thanks for the concern & support. Your WACKY friend...Ron :)

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2010, 08:23:16 PM »
I have never seen the Show, is it a Medical program? Actualy through "Chemotharapy" (3 Times from other medical issues) A lot of those symptoms are gone, but the damage has already been done to my "Kidneys" & they have nowhere to go but down, that"s just the way that it is I will need another transplant (Kidney) in a year or two or I will die it is as simple as that. Thanks for the concern & support. Your WACKY friend...Ron :)

Don't know much about Wilson's disease except that it seems like you accumulate copper especially in the eyes if my memory serves me correctly.  Don't they initially find Wilson's disease on eye exams sometimes?  I hope that you get a kidney transplant if that's what you need.  Hope you keep your spirits up.

eman

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2010, 09:39:20 PM »
Don't know much about Wilson's disease except that it seems like you accumulate copper especially in the eyes if my memory serves me correctly.  Don't they initially find Wilson's disease on eye exams sometimes?  I hope that you get a kidney transplant if that's what you need.  Hope you keep your spirits up.

eman
That's correct, but like I said through modern medicine we basicly have it under control, but the damage has already been done to my "Kidneys" and unlike the "Liver" the damage is irreversable and my Kidneys are already in the 1st stages of failing...It's just a matter of time until I need a Transplant. I'll be alright I've been down this road before, it's not going to be fun, but it beats the alternative. All my WACKY best...Ron :)