Author Topic: To all "Forum" members  (Read 17893 times)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
To all "Forum" members
« on: April 07, 2010, 10:22:28 AM »
Hello everyone, it has been recently brought to my attention that I have been making "meaningless posts" this is probably true, but I honestly did'nt realize I was doing it. From now on I will try to watch what I post. I am just trying to make the best of what is left of my life...I am "chronicly ill" and will be till I take my last breath! I am somewhat of a "medical miracle" I was supposed to have died several (7) years ago...but here I am! You have to understand that I am in severe pain 24/7 and I can barely walk, but I am not complaining I am so happy just to be alive to watch my little girl grow up. Other than my family this forum is all I have, this has become like a second family to me, sorry to ramble on but I just wanted to clear some issues up. I cannot believe that Rob thought I had something sinister up my sleave...he obviously does'nt know me because if he did he would know that I do not have a mean bone in my body! If I have learned anything from being ill for almost 15 years it's that I know what life is all about... it's how we treat each other and I wish nothing but the best for each & every one of you! All my WACKY best...RonZ 8)
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline Paul_Maul

Re: To all "Forum" members
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 10:26:28 AM »
Ron, I'm not sure what the big deal is, if you make a meaningless post once in awhile, the world keeps turning. I have no
idea what ol' Nutty was talking about, I think he may have sampled a few too many substances over the years. I, and
I'm sure most others, certainly have no doubt that your intentions are good, so it's no big deal to me, there are plenty of
posts made by many people that annoy me, I just roll by 'em.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 10:27:50 AM »
Hello everyone, it has been recently brought to my attention that I have been making "meaningless posts" this is probably true, but I honestly did'nt realize I was doing it. From now on I will try to watch what I post. I am just trying to make the best of what is left of my life...I am "chronicly ill" and will be till I take my last breath! I am somewhat of a "medical miracle" I was supposed to have died several (7) years ago...but here I am! You have to understand that I am in severe pain 24/7 and I can barely walk, but I am not complaining I am so happy just to be alive to watch my little girl grow up. Other than my family this forum is all I have, this has become like a second family to me, sorry to ramble on but I just wanted to clear some issues up. I cannot believe that Rob thought I had something sinister up my sleave...he obviously does'nt know me because if he did he would know that I do not have a mean bone in my body! If I have learned anything from being ill for almost 15 years it's that I know what life is all about... it's how we treat each other and I wish nothing but the best for each & every one of you! All my WACKY best...RonZ 8)

Well said Ron. I think we can all move on now. :-*

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 10:31:04 AM »
Just to go on the record here - when I attempted to explain to Ron what Jean Nutty might be saying (again, my interpretation) I was not saying I had any major issues with what Ron was posting.  I know his situation and understand that forum is one of his only extra outlets.  I also know that sometimes the mass collective on message boards can interpret an individual's posts in many ways.  Just trying to bridge the gap, clear up some communication, etc.  I really would rather avoid disharmony and confrontations whenever I can help it.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 01:02:22 PM »
Hello everyone, it has been recently brought to my attention that I have been making "meaningless posts" this is probably true, but I honestly did'nt realize I was doing it. From now on I will try to watch what I post.

Ron,

As someone who gets a lot of crap for posts that are way too long, I can relate to getting criticized for posting.  And though our lives don't revolve around Wacky Package forums and their members - it still sucks to get crap for that. 

I don't think there's anything wrong with considering the criticisms, even if they come from a petty or mean place.  Doesn't mean you should stop doing what you're doing.  If you just want to be a little more casual and conversational in your posts, and you enjoy the interaction the forum as much (and maybe more) than the content, then you shouldn't stop.  Some folks just want the info, and don't care to socialize.  So from them - sometimes - yeah, you'll get some shit - and that won't be any fun. 

I try to be aware of my overly-long posting "style" and I endeavor to keep it brief.  But sometimes I just gotta go with it. 

So try to buck up and keep your positive attitude.  It'll annoy people (it does me sometimes) - but you can't worry about that all of the time.  Once in a while it's nice to consider what would make your fellow member's forum time a little smoother - nothing wrong with that at all -  but not all the time. 

Lots of emotions running around still due to the break-up of the old forum. 

Try not to sweat this stuff too much, even if it feels like you should.

-Jason

Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 01:08:52 PM »
Ron,

As someone who gets a lot of crap for posts that are way too long, I can relate to getting criticized for posting.  And though our lives don't revolve around Wacky Package forums and their members - it still sucks to get crap for that.  

I don't think there's anything wrong with considering the criticisms, even if they come from a petty or mean place.  Doesn't mean you should stop doing what you're doing.  If you just want to be a little more casual and conversational in your posts, and you enjoy the interaction the forum as much (and maybe more) than the content, then you shouldn't stop.  Some folks just want the info, and don't care to socialize.  So from them - sometimes - yeah, you'll get some shit - and that won't be any fun.  

I try to be aware of my overly-long posting "style" and I endeavor to keep it brief.  But sometimes I just gotta go with it.  

So try to buck up and keep your positive attitude.  It'll annoy people (it does me sometimes) - but you can't worry about that all of the time.  Once in a while it's nice to consider what would make your fellow member's forum time a little smoother - nothing wrong with that at all -  but not all the time.  

Lots of emotions running around still due to the break-up of the old forum.  

Try not to sweat this stuff too much, even if it feels like you should.

-Jason

Thank you Jason, I'm going to try to be more considerate of what others want to read. Again if I upset anyone it was purely an accident and I will try to watch what I post in the future. All my WACKY best...RonZ 8)

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 02:19:37 PM »
I'd tell them to pucker up.

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 03:39:17 PM »
Ron, don't worry about it. I'm going to make a meaningless post right now just to test my avatar.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 03:46:45 PM »
Ron, don't worry about it. I'm going to make a meaningless post right now just to test my avatar.
You have to upload your avatar into the avatar section of your profile. You uploaded it to your pictures.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 04:07:23 PM »
Yeah, Yes yes - yah  .....   Check one - 2, is this thing on?

Alright there's my meaningless post for the day.

This one goes out to RonZombie..   :P
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 05:47:43 PM »
I agree with Dave in that I take your posts as enthusiasm.  I know greg complained about "noise" posts on the other forum long ago but I think it is tough to sit back and measure which posts are noise.  I also don't want this to become the forum where people are not allowed to use the word "bro" like the old forum.  I do agree that you waffled quite a bit in which forums you like and in your enthusiasm to cheer on whatever forum you are on at the moment, you had a tendancy to put the others down.  As Plan9 pointed out on greg's forum, you had moments of cheering that greg's forum was the anti-ernie forum and then were here cheering me on but I have let it go and have had some nice dialogue with you and find and hope your enthusiasm for the hobby is contagious!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 05:49:37 PM »
Thank you Jason, I'm going to try to be more considerate of what others want to read. Again if I upset anyone it was purely an accident and I will try to watch what I post in the future. All my WACKY best...RonZ 8)

What is the _________ of life?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 07:05:29 PM »
I also don't want this to become the forum where people are not allowed to use the word "bro" like the old forum.

That's it!  Three strikes for you Ernie.  One for every letter in the word bro.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 07:41:01 PM »
What is the _________ of life?
I'd rather play Red Light Green Light.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 07:42:40 PM »
I'd rather play Red Light Green Light.
Mother May I?

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 07:48:15 PM »
That's it!  Three strikes for you Ernie.  One for every letter in the word bro.

No no no - it's not "bro", it's "manzier".

Seinfeld reference for those that didn't get it. 
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 08:01:21 PM »

Ron,
I think what Rob was getting at, is that if someone (you or anyone else) feels the need to reply to every single post, that might drive some people crazy. I have stopped myself many times when I wanted to post a "me too" or "I agree".

Sometimes I still do though, if I want to show my appreciation for a post, especially if no one else replied and I have something to add. Plus if everyone posted PM's instead of public posts, the forum would become very quiet  ;)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 08:15:14 PM »
Mother May I?

How about Duck, Duck, Goose-LOL.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 12:04:23 PM »
I agree with Dave in that I take your posts as enthusiasm.  I know greg complained about "noise" posts on the other forum long ago but I think it is tough to sit back and measure which posts are noise.  I also don't want this to become the forum where people are not allowed to use the word "bro" like the old forum.  I do agree that you waffled quite a bit in which forums you like and in your enthusiasm to cheer on whatever forum you are on at the moment, you had a tendancy to put the others down.  As Plan9 pointed out on greg's forum, you had moments of cheering that greg's forum was the anti-ernie forum and then were here cheering me on but I have let it go and have had some nice dialogue with you and find and hope your enthusiasm for the hobby is contagious!

Thank you Ernie, you do have one thing wrong though, on Gregs forum I was not celebrating a "anti-Ernie" forum I was celebrating a "no more fights between Ernie & Greg forum" there is a big difference! You & I have had our little "spats" in the past, but as far as I'm concerned that's way behind us, and now we can move on in a "WACKY WAY" as friends! All my WACKY best...RonZ 8)

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 12:47:12 PM »
Quote from:  link=topic=226.msg4670#msg4670 date=1270687663
As Plan9 pointed out on greg's forum, you had moments of cheering that greg's forum was the anti-ernie forum and then were here cheering me on but I have let it go and have had some nice dialogue with you and find and hope your enthusiasm for the hobby is contagious!
If anyone is wondering what post is being referenced, I found this on the other forum.

Plan9:
I much prefer a non-Ernie forum to any other. Per chance is this also a non-Paul forum?

RonZombie:
Quoting Plan9: [I much prefer a non-Ernie forum to any other.]

Hallelujah! Free at last! Free at last! LOL!!!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 12:49:39 PM by Gurgle »

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 12:59:05 PM »
If anyone is wondering what post is being referenced, I found this on the other forum.

Plan9:
I much prefer a non-Ernie forum to any other. Per chance is this also a non-Paul forum?

RonZombie:
Quoting Plan9: [I much prefer a non-Ernie forum to any other.]

Hallelujah! Free at last! Free at last! LOL!!!

To be clear "Plan 9" was the one celebrating a "Non-Ernie" forum! I was simply saying we are "Free at last" from all the fighting" I guess I should've been more clear, but it was all "tongue n cheeck" anyway! Since then Ernie & I have smoothed out any problems we might have had in the past. All my WACKY best...RonZ 8)     P.S. I should also say that was one of the few things that I've posted that I wish I could take back. BTW Ernie I apologize for that statement! ;)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 01:27:59 PM by RonZombie »

Offline bandaches

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 02:17:08 PM »
To be clear "Plan 9" was the one celebrating a "Non-Ernie" forum! I was simply saying we are "Free at last" from all the fighting" I guess I should've been more clear, but it was all "tongue n cheeck" anyway! Since then Ernie & I have smoothed out any problems we might have had in the past. All my WACKY best...RonZ 8)     P.S. I should also say that was one of the few things that I've posted that I wish I could take back. BTW Ernie I apologize for that statement! ;)
Plan9 still insists he is not biased towards greg yet he asked us to stop attacking greg here and obviously we can see he has been gleefully enjoicing an anti-Ernie forum.  I don't care to argue the sementics of the word "biased" or deal with non-obvious tongue and cheek moments on topics that really aren't comedy based....his feelings are clear but he and I can have  mature conversations and have made trades and such so it is no biggie.  As I said Ron, you have a tendency to get caught up in the moment, it is what it is but we are good now, no ill will, no worries  ^-^

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 02:47:10 PM »
Plan9 still insists he is not biased towards greg yet he asked us to stop attacking greg here and obviously we can see he has been gleefully enjoicing an anti-Ernie forum.  I don't care to argue the sementics of the word "biased" or deal with non-obvious tongue and cheek moments on topics that really aren't comedy based....his feelings are clear but he and I can have  mature conversations and have made trades and such so it is no biggie.  As I said Ron, you have a tendency to get caught up in the moment, it is what it is but we are good now, no ill will, no worries  ^-^
I'm glad to hear that, I'm a bit nieve and I wrongfuly believed a lot of the "negative" things that were said about you. All I can do is admit my mistake and move on! Your WACKY friend...RonZ

Offline bandaches

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 02:58:37 PM »
I'm glad to hear that, I'm a bit nieve and I wrongfuly believed a lot of the "negative" things that were said about you. All I can do is admit my mistake and move on! Your WACKY friend...RonZ
Looking forward to seeing you at the show!  I may be a bit late as my plans are to go to Allentown Friday to play pinball, then I need to make it all the way across NJ to Hoboken for a concert at bar and then will head home probably getting in late.  I can't see being up and on the road by 8:30 Sat morning to make the show by 10:00 as I don't even leave for work that early.....

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 03:41:05 PM »
Looking forward to seeing you at the show!  I may be a bit late as my plans are to go to Allentown Friday to play pinball, then I need to make it all the way across NJ to Hoboken for a concert at bar and then will head home probably getting in late.  I can't see being up and on the road by 8:30 Sat morning to make the show by 10:00 as I don't even leave for work that early.....
Same here Ernie! I'll be there "bright & early" I'll be easy to spot, just look for the guy who can barely walk w/long blonde curly hair w/a cane & "Wacky Clothes" on!!! LOL.  :o :]
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 03:46:26 PM by RonZombie »

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 04:29:51 PM »
I never asked that Greg not be attacked here. I just don't want to see this forum become the new jihad battlegrounds. Now if Greg came here spreading his hatred of Old School then I'd say "fire all weapons".

I have nothing against your presence here like I did in the old forum. It seems this forum is bringing out the best in everyone.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2010, 09:04:20 PM »
I never asked that Greg not be attacked here. I just don't want to see this forum become the new jihad battlegrounds. Now if Greg came here spreading his hatred of Old School then I'd say "fire all weapons".

I have nothing against your presence here like I did in the old forum. It seems this forum is bringing out the best in everyone.

Again, not interested in going round and round with semantics with you but you DID post in the "Membership is Growing" thread for us to "stop going on about greg here".  No worries, I am 100% confident this place will not be a forum of jihad battlegrounds unless greg stops by and acts in the manner you described of him so I think your wishes are reasonable.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2010, 12:51:18 AM »
Same here Ernie! I'll be there "bright & early" I'll be easy to spot, just look for the guy who can barely walk w/long blonde curly hair w/a cane & "Wacky Clothes" on!!! LOL.  :o :]
Drive safe and have a fun trip Ron . . . keep your eyes peeled for smokies!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2010, 09:13:45 AM »
Drive safe and have a fun trip Ron . . . keep your eyes peeled for smokies!
(Image removed from quote.)
Thanks Rob! ;) I will watch out for "The Man" LOL :]
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 09:16:19 AM by RonZombie »

Offline Rod Wad

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2010, 02:51:05 AM »

We meet again RonZombie!

I haven't been here long enough to experience your "meaningless posts," but don't let that person get you down.  Post away.  People always post weird bs- it's the internet.  If even one person out of a thousand enjoys your post then it's worth it.

Regarding your medical condition- consider the positive, some people live and die never taking the time to enjoy it.  Seems you're on the right track.  My old man retired four years ago at age 63, I think the bastard is finally getting life.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2010, 07:22:56 PM »
We meet again RonZombie!

I haven't been here long enough to experience your "meaningless posts," but don't let that person get you down.  Post away.  People always post weird bs- it's the internet.  If even one person out of a thousand enjoys your post then it's worth it.

Regarding your medical condition- consider the positive, some people live and die never taking the time to enjoy it.  Seems you're on the right track.  My old man retired four years ago at age 63, I think the bastard is finally getting life.

Hello Rod, it is ironic that you post to me today as I just found out a few hours ago that my (Kidneys) have gotten a lot worse and if this trend continues lets just say it wont be good for me very possibly the end as I cannot go on "Dialysis" because of the threat of infection wich would also probably kill me. All I can do is live day by day and be there for my family as best as I can. Take care my WACKY friend...RonZ 8)

Offline bandaches

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2010, 07:25:24 PM »
Hello Rod, it is ironic that you post to me today as I just found out a few hours ago that my (Kidneys) have gotten a lot worse and if this trend continues lets just say it wont be good for me very possibly the end as I cannot go on "Dialysis" because of the threat of infection wich would also probably kill me. All I can do is live day by day and be there for my family as best as I can. Take care my WACKY friend...RonZ 8)
Keep the positive spirits Ron, keeping my fingers crossed that things stablize for you!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2010, 07:35:56 PM »
Keep the positive spirits Ron, keeping my fingers crossed that things stablize for you!
Hello Ernie, Thanks for the support to be honest it was a pretty big blow, because I have been doing relativly well the last several months, it will be touch & go for quite some time Im afraid, but unless I'm dead I'll see everyone again at the "Fall Show" Thanks again Ernie...Your WACKY friend...Ron.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2010, 08:12:36 PM »

Ron,
My thoughts are with you and I wish you the best! Hang in there buddy!!!
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Rod Wad

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2010, 08:20:49 PM »

I think that is totally awesome.  I'll tell you a story as to how I came to share in your optimistic attitude.

My mother died of kidney cancer in '07 after a 1.5 year battle.  For most mom's life, her eccentricities alienated her from the family, friends, and myself.  But that all changed once she was diagnosed.  I was a cynical bastard from age 14-30.  While I acknowledge that she was the bane of my existence for most my life I can also say that last 1.5 year was awesome for us as we let go of our issues and lived for once.  I spent more time with her in that last three months than I did since I was a teenager.  When she finally died I realized how fleeting life is changed my outlook on life.  And this positivity stills rolls on three years later-  I quit working full-time and used my G.I. Bill to pay my through college (it was her wish that I got a higher education).  Now I'm graduating with a BS in Asian History this Friday... life is good!

R

anything