Author Topic: Another Wacky Truck Surfaces  (Read 26949 times)

Offline Moron Salt

• (Don)
Another Wacky Truck Surfaces
« on: April 06, 2010, 02:03:33 PM »
I was searching ebay a couple of weeks ago when I came across THIS gem :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110510746573&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Luckily for me the seller misspelled Wacky (Wackey). I was sweating bullets for five days hoping none of you guys would see it and outbid me :'(

oh, FYI, I checked with the seller and he doesn't have anymore or know where to find any.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 02:08:58 PM by Moron Salt »

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
Re: Another Wacky Truck Surfaces
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 02:16:45 PM »
Wow!  Congratulations!!  And it's a Gadzooka truck, too!! 

Simply amazing! 
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 02:29:26 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110510746573&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Luckily for me the seller misspelled Wacky (Wackey). I was sweating bullets for five days hoping none of you guys would see it and outbid me :'(

oh, FYI, I checked with the seller and he doesn't have anymore or know where to find any.
Give that man a "Cigar"  Congratulations!!  Though I have to admit I'm jealous! I wonder how much it would have fetched if they had spelled "Wacky"  correctly???  
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 02:31:44 PM by RonZombie »
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 02:29:47 PM »

SCORE!!!!! Nice!  I am absolutely convinced more will show up.  I have a couple of toy dealers who swear they have seen such trucks but have yet to find them so I believe we won't see a "truckload" (pun intended) hit the market but they will pop up every so often!  I am psyched for you!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 02:30:41 PM »
Give that man a "Cigar"  Congatulations!!! I though I have to admit I'm jealous! I wonder how much it would have fetched if they had spelled "Wacky"  correctly??? 

I sold my truck sticker pair for... around $250 if I recall.  A carded truck... I think that'd command at least $500 in this market.   
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 05:44:18 PM »

Congrats, man!! Great score! I'm no longer alone in the club, I guess. Took over 6 years, but knew there must be more somewhere...

BTW, the misspell of "Wackey" would not preclude it from showing up in most search results. I think it went under our radar because "Packages" (or an abbrev) wasn't in the title.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 05:49:38 PM »

Nice!  So will it have the other 2 stickers in the package?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Moron Salt

• (Don)
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 06:05:02 PM »
SCORE!!!!! Nice!  I am absolutely convinced more will show up.  I have a couple of toy dealers who swear they have seen such trucks but have yet to find them so I believe we won't see a "truckload" (pun intended) hit the market but they will pop up every so often!  I am psyched for you!

Hey Ernie, it's funny because I searched high and low for one of these a few years back with no luck, not even a nibble. The only thing close (besides Bigtomi's truck) is this link to a 1980 Fleetwood toys catalog:

http://www.plaidstallions.com/racktoys/f802.html

The BJ and the bear truck is identical. You can also see that the cab and trailer come apart and the back trailer doors open.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 08:55:22 AM by Moron Salt »

Offline Moron Salt

• (Don)
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 06:12:29 PM »
Wow!  Congratulations!!  And it's a Gadzooka truck, too!! 

Simply amazing! 

Thanks Jason, the Gadzooka is a nice touch

Offline Moron Salt

• (Don)
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 06:17:13 PM »
Give that man a "Cigar"  Congratulations!!  Though I have to admit I'm jealous! I wonder how much it would have fetched if they had spelled "Wacky"  correctly???  

Thanks Ron. I don't know what it would've fetched, but I had a high bid in for $300.00 just in case (that's ALL I could afford).

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 06:20:11 PM »
Thanks Ron. I don't know what it would've fetched, but I had a high bid in for $300.00 just in case (that's ALL I could afford).
You're welcome, great find! ;)

Offline Moron Salt

• (Don)
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 06:25:44 PM »
Congrats, man!! Great score! I'm no longer alone in the club, I guess. Took over 6 years, but knew there must be more somewhere...

Thanks, it's an honor and privilege to be a member of the club!

Offline Moron Salt

• (Don)
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 06:29:00 PM »
Nice!  So will it have the other 2 stickers in the package?

Hey Rob, yes, there are two other stickers in the package behind the truck. Garbage Candy and Beastball.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 07:20:59 PM »
cool! I didn't even know about those!
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 07:55:14 PM »
For those of you who aren't familiar, here's my old posting of the truck stickers that I found (in a lot of bumper stickers I bought on Ebay for $1), with acknowledgment and thanks to Bigtomi, whose image of his carded Wacky Truck I utilized when I posted the sticker scans:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonliebigstuff/3180769908/
[expando]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3536/3180769908_2588b915a0.jpg[/expando]

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 09:56:30 PM »

A pat on the back for ya! That was a great score. Something I've been dreaming of. I'd have bid a lot more so you definitely got lucky. I don't know how you found that. You must've had help from Jesus.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 10:14:15 PM »
Congrats! That is something we all wish would happen to us - winning some incredible Wacky item that no one else notices. Amazing...

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 07:29:30 AM »
Hey Rob, yes, there are two other stickers in the package behind the truck. Garbage Candy and Beastball.

Cool, if you decide to peel off that ugly Gadzooka sticker and put one of the others on LMK!  LOL  Actually it's no good already stuck. I need the Gadzooka and have the other two, but I don't really care about the actual truck.   

Offline Moron Salt

• (Don)
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 08:21:59 AM »
You must've had help from Jesus.

A gift from the big guy?....I'll take it! :D

Offline Moron Salt

• (Don)
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 08:26:25 AM »
Cool, if you decide to peel off that ugly Gadzooka sticker and put one of the others on LMK!  LOL  Actually it's no good already stuck. I need the Gadzooka and have the other two, but I don't really care about the actual truck.   

Would you be interested if I could peel it off REAL carefully without too much damage to the sticker itself?

Offline Moron Salt

• (Don)
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 08:52:35 AM »
Congrats! That is something we all wish would happen to us - winning some incredible Wacky item that no one else notices. Amazing...

Thanks John, I'm pretty excited about finding this. Although, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. I had a decent size collection of Wacky Oddball items but was forced to sell most over the last year for financial reasons. I scaled back my collecting to Original Series, Die-cuts, and nostalgic 70's memorabilia. The Wacky Truck doesn't fit into any of these categories and would probably be kept in my closet (for fear of damage). It really should be with a larger Wacky Oddball collection and displayed prominently.

I've had a number of offers (as you could imagine), but I don't think it would be fair to all if I make a private deal.

Sooo.....In the best interest of the hobby, and in all fairness to Wacky collectors......I'm going to auction my new toy on ebay for .99 and see what happens.

Sorry Bigtomi, I wasn't part of the club very long :(

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 12:10:30 PM »
I was trying to remember.  Was it confirmed that the truck side graphics are actually stickers and not cardboard signs that can be slipped in and out?  Kind of short sighted on the part of the toy maker if they are permanent stickers.  Also, what about the other side of the truck?  Does it have a graphic on it or is it blank?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 12:23:17 PM »
I was trying to remember.  Was it confirmed that the truck side graphics are actually stickers and not cardboard signs that can be slipped in and out?  Kind of short sighted on the part of the toy maker if they are permanent stickers.  Also, what about the other side of the truck?  Does it have a graphic on it or is it blank?
If I understood correctly, what Jason found a year or so ago was two loose stickers, presumably the extras from one of these trucks that had been opened, and they were in with a bunch of bumper stickers.  I think those are the two that Rob now owns.  You're right, slide in panels would have made the toy more appealing than permanent stickers.

I wonder if a loose truck will surface so we can see the other side -I'd happily display something like that!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 01:35:14 PM »
Sorry to see you leave it, dude, but at least you were a member...lol. Best of luck with the auction!!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 01:40:19 PM »
Sorry to see you leave it, dude, but at least you were a member...lol. Best of luck with the auction!!
I would have kept it! It's such a rare item and it looks great! Oh well maybe I'll get lucky one day & find something cool like that!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 02:05:03 PM »
Thanks John, I'm pretty excited about finding this. Although, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. I had a decent size collection of Wacky Oddball items but was forced to sell most over the last year for financial reasons. I scaled back my collecting to Original Series, Die-cuts, and nostalgic 70's memorabilia. The Wacky Truck doesn't fit into any of these categories and would probably be kept in my closet (for fear of damage). It really should be with a larger Wacky Oddball collection and displayed prominently.

I've had a number of offers (as you could imagine), but I don't think it would be fair to all if I make a private deal.

Sooo.....In the best interest of the hobby, and in all fairness to Wacky collectors......I'm going to auction my new toy on ebay for .99 and see what happens.

What other cool oddball items did you part with recently?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Moron Salt

• (Don)
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2010, 04:12:02 PM »

Hey Busted, they are definately stickers and the back panel is blank (white). I can barely see the back by "peeking" from the sides and bottom with a flashlight.

Offline Moron Salt

• (Don)
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2010, 04:21:51 PM »
What other cool oddball items did you part with recently?

Hey Ernie

Unfortunately, I sold a complete box of puffy magnets, my whole collection of unopened trinkets, box of tattoos, set of cereal premiums, some 3rd series whitebacks, incomplete set of Wacky Ads, some placks, iron-ons, the list goes on.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2010, 04:32:36 PM »
Unfortunately, I sold a complete box of puffy magnets, my whole collection of unopened trinkets, box of tattoos, set of cereal premiums, some 3rd series whitebacks, incomplete set of Wacky Ads, some placks, iron-ons, the list goes on.
That's rough, but I'm glad you'll certainly make a good profit with the truck!  I'd be a bidder, but I've already spent my Wacky money for the moment.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2010, 04:48:34 PM »
Hey Ernie

I won the "Puffy Magnets" and I have the other box that are "parodies" but not actual "Wackys" trust me they have a good home prominently diplayed in my newly aquired display case!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2010, 08:40:57 PM »
Hey Ernie

Was this all on ebay?

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2010, 12:31:04 AM »
If I understood correctly, what Jason found a year or so ago was two loose stickers, presumably the extras from one of these trucks that had been opened, and they were in with a bunch of bumper stickers.  I think those are the two that Rob now owns.  You're right, slide in panels would have made the toy more appealing than permanent stickers.

I wonder if a loose truck will surface so we can see the other side -I'd happily display something like that!

That's correct - these were stickers.  I sometimes scan the "peel-away" of my vintage stickers as I like to see the changes and the companies that produced them.  Mac-Tac is a big one.  I guess the Wacky Stickers didn't have any printing on the reverse, lest I'd have a scan of it. 

When I bid on the lot (it was a lot of around 50 bumper stickers) I didn't even know the Wacky ones were in there.  When I looked back at the photos on the listing you COULD make them out, but you really had to be looking.  I got lucky that day.  Seems to be a trend for Wacky Truck items. 

Looking forward to seeing if this thing really skyrockets.  I'd guess it will.

Offline Moron Salt

• (Don)
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2010, 05:00:24 AM »
Was this all on ebay?

Yes, all but the 3rd whitebacks (I sold those privately to a forum member). I had hoped to display all my "stuff" in a room dedicated to 70's collectables but it didn't work out and I've been storing everything in a closet.

Offline Moron Salt

• (Don)
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2010, 05:42:56 AM »
That's rough, but I'm glad you'll certainly make a good profit with the truck!.

Hopefully :^) 

Although,  I have a daughter in college, a son in high school, and my youngest daughter in pre- k. Any profit probably won't go very far.

To top it off, my son (who just got his drivers permit) drove my wifes car thru our garage door!!! When it rains it pours (or doesn't pour ;))

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2010, 06:11:24 PM »
Would you be interested if I could peel it off REAL carefully without too much damage to the sticker itself?

Assuming you are serious…….I would say yes, but my concern would be the backing sheet.  Without that it's really an incomplete decal.  When you get it see if it looks like it's been peeled and stuck or maybe just tacked on temporarily so the buyer can decide which one to stick.