Author Topic: Old School Sketch variations  (Read 18300 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Old School Sketch variations
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2010, 10:03:18 AM »
I don't think it was an off day, I think these are leveling off to where they belong after the "hyper gotta have it now" folks are done bidding stuff up similar to what happened with Flashback gold.  I panicked and bought a demented for $85 as I thought that might end up short supply and high demand being it was the only non-repeat diecut title but I learned my lesson, no more chasing these.

If you feel these are leveling off and I just sold 17 sketches for $227, why would you list a sale for 18 sketches for $500?

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2010, 10:23:53 AM »
If you feel these are leveling off and I just sold 17 sketches for $227, why would you list a sale for 18 sketches for $500?
I thought the topic was the over $100 B&W that are susceptible to supply suddenly showing up which we of course are seeing now. 

You didn't protect your lot of 17 well(with a reserve) and you paid for it.  It appears people prefer to buy them one at a time and pay much more.  Single commons are still solidly getting $20-$30.  Bill had a lot similar to mine listed, he blew it out as singles and little by little they were selling.  I bet in selling only half his supply, he got around what you got for your 17.

My $500 price is exactly in line with singles prices.  Just like regular stickers, sell a pile of 100 and you will get $150.  Piece them out one at a time, you will get much more.  When you are done blowing out your extra supply at discount prices, I still think a lot of the 18 commons will hold strong in the $20-$30 range so if I need to list them all separately to get the same or more $, so be it.  I am not sitting on a hundred extra sketches so I am in no hurry to blow these out in a fire sale.

Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2010, 10:34:30 AM »
I thought the topic was the over $100 B&W that are susceptible to supply suddenly showing up which we of course are seeing now. 

You didn't protect your lot of 17 well(with a reserve) and you paid for it.  It appears people prefer to buy them one at a time and pay much more.  Single commons are still solidly getting $20-$30.  Bill had a lot similar to mine listed, he blew it out as singles and little by little they were selling.  I bet in selling only half his supply, he got around what you got for your 17.

My $500 price is exactly in line with singles prices.  Just like regular stickers, sell a pile of 100 and you will get $150.  Piece them out one at a time, you will get much more.  When you are done blowing out your extra supply at discount prices, I still think a lot of the 18 commons will hold strong in the $20-$30 range so if I need to list them all separately to get the same or more $, so be it.  I am not sitting on a hundred extra sketches so I am in no hurry to blow these out in a fire sale.

Ya, I paid for it and the buyer got a great deal! Oh well, so far in all of my OLDS collecting I am now totally even. I have spent over $10,000 and have recouped $10,000 in sales. Plus I have a ton of inventory. I think I still have about 40+ double sketch cards along with my keeper sketch cards. I also have another 30 boxes on the way from Topps that are basically at no extra cost to me. It's been a fun ride! The color sketch I want for my keeper is the paste em boy. the 2 haven't shown up yet so I am hoping there is one in the 30 boxes I have coming.
If you get lucky and pull the colors to sell you can collect a ton of stuff and not cost you anything, but if you don't pull the colors or rare sketches you could lose your shorts. It's all a crapshoot.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2010, 11:49:03 AM »
Ya, I paid for it and the buyer got a great deal! Oh well, so far in all of my OLDS collecting I am now totally even. I have spent over $10,000 and have recouped $10,000 in sales. Plus I have a ton of inventory. I think I still have about 40+ double sketch cards along with my keeper sketch cards. I also have another 30 boxes on the way from Topps that are basically at no extra cost to me. It's been a fun ride! The color sketch I want for my keeper is the paste em boy. the 2 haven't shown up yet so I am hoping there is one in the 30 boxes I have coming.
If you get lucky and pull the colors to sell you can collect a ton of stuff and not cost you anything, but if you don't pull the colors or rare sketches you could lose your shorts. It's all a crapshoot.
I wish I was watching your auction as I have the one you are missing to make another "set" of the "base" 18 so I would be all over buying them for like $13 each.  I think Jay's work is popular enough that I can't see these commons dropping to under $15 each especially knowing that the most of any title is 200 and only a couple of titles are that plentiful.  Most are population of 150 or less.  I assume Jay's following and wacky pack collectors number well more than 150.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2010, 12:06:48 PM »
I wish I was watching your auction as I have the one you are missing to make another "set" of the "base" 18 so I would be all over buying them for like $13 each.  I think Jay's work is popular enough that I can't see these commons dropping to under $15 each especially knowing that the most of any title is 200 and only a couple of titles are that plentiful.  Most are population of 150 or less.  I assume Jay's following and wacky pack collectors number well more than 150.

I actually have about 5 cheddar card doubles. I just was too lazy to take another picture ;)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2010, 12:18:36 PM »
This is what I have for sketch doubles if anyone needs anything
Ajerx
2 -demented
6 - Dums
2 -Capncrud
4 - Hungry Jerk
5 - Pupsi
6 - Quacker
5 - Cheddar
Koduck
6- fishbone
2 - Chicken
4- Qreep
5 -Aquax
5- kook
6- spaz
2- Chef
1- Dr Popper

I guess that makes 63 doubles! The only one I still need for my keeper set is the cow. I think I have all the others because we don't know for sure if there really is a B&W Dr. Ono or Paste Em boy.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2010, 02:14:19 PM »
This is a little "off topic" kind of, anyway w/the sketches becoming so popular I thought this "Wacky" sketch would fit into my collection nicely...Did I pay to much for it??? :^) Comments anyone??? ??? Your WACKY friend...RonZ 8) BTW Here it is......http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370290062227&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2010, 02:43:11 PM »
Look at this Fishbone guy and notice how Jay shaded in his hair and mustache. This one is different then the others I have.

anything