Author Topic: Philly Show  (Read 6431 times)

Offline Ruffs

Philly Show
« on: April 22, 2012, 06:10:16 PM »
Does anyone have the 3 Philly non sport cards that came in the promo package. I know the Ironedman card is one as I'he been collecting all of these cards. Thanks

Offline Kook

Re: Philly Show
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 06:52:10 PM »
Does anyone have the 3 Philly non sport cards that came in the promo package. I know the Ironedman card is one as I'he been collecting all of these cards. Thanks

What are the other 2 promos you are looking for? Are they wacky releated? I only thought there was 1 in the admission packet.

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 07:02:27 PM »
The cards are Philly promo cards, they are numbered on the back, I believe the card numbers for this show were 66,67 & 68. The David card was 66

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 04:17:59 AM »
The cards are Philly promo cards, they are numbered on the back, I believe the card numbers for this show were 66,67 & 68. The David card was 66

I've got a handful of these promos from previous years - they're kind of neat!  I picked up some loose ones at the last show in dollar boxes, but I doubt 66 will end up there at this point.  But, there's hope for cards 67 & 68 to be found at reasonable prices.  Probably people here who attended the show and don't collect other non-sports cards have theirs just sitting around, waiting to find a good home.

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 05:26:41 AM »
Any report on the Philly Show??  Can someone chime in with a story, pics, finds, or info about the show? 
Much appreciated...!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 07:05:35 AM »
Does anyone have an extra Ironed Man and Clubbed for sale from the show this year?
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 08:55:11 AM »
Any report on the Philly Show??  Can someone chime in with a story, pics, finds, or info about the show? 
Much appreciated...!

I had a lot of fun at the show.  Just off the top of my head and I'm sure I'll forget someone, I spent time with the following.........

Bill Farinella
Mark Bauer
Mark Shoemaker
Mark Lavoie
Greg Grant
Matt Stock
Dave Schmidt
Shawn Peters
Dave Gross
George Wright
John Grisham
Clint Coleman
Marc Simon

Mike Jasperson and Dave Gross were behind the Topps booth a lot but Dave also came out for a little while to hang at the tables we were trading at.  Topps had a booth for Wackys and also a lot of Mars Attacks stuff.  Sounds like both ANS9 and Mars Attacks might both release in July within the same week. 

George Wright was the only one smart enough to take a couple pictures of the Wacky gang trading at the tables so hopefully he'll post the pics here.  I also say I'm going to do it and always forget.

Between the booths and trading or buying from Wacky buddies I picked up @ 15 titles I needed for upgrades.  I also picked up 2 of the 3 Phoney Record stickers I need to complete my set, and I'm bummed because I can't find them now!  I paid $15 each for them.  The dealer didn't have anything I could put them in so I stuck them inside one of the supply catalogs that came with the admission bags, and I folded it up in one of the pages so it wouldn't fall out, but now I can't find the catalog!  I know it's a shot in the dark but if anyone picked up any catalogs on the tables we were collecting please check them.  I'm thinking that's probably where I left it.

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 09:35:26 AM »
Glad to hear the wacky turnout was pretty good!  No big table scores of dealers with hidden gems like ludlows buried in a set and the like?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 09:49:22 AM »
Glad to hear the wacky turnout was pretty good!  No big table scores of dealers with hidden gems like ludlows buried in a set and the like?

Not from me, but I am not great at digging through the booths thoroughly.  My big score were the Phoney Record stickers I lost! 

I think for the Fall show I am going to try to go both days, so the first day I can hang with collectors and trade without spending hours at the dealers booths, but then on Sunday I can spend more time on the dealers tables.  I also always want to check out the vintage/antique shops in the mall and never have time.   

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 09:56:27 AM »
Not from me, but I am not great at digging through the booths thoroughly.  My big score were the Phoney Record stickers I lost!  

I think for the Fall show I am going to try to go both days, so the first day I can hang with collectors and trade without spending hours at the dealers booths, but then on Sunday I can spend more time on the dealers tables.  I also always want to check out the vintage/antique shops in the mall and never have time.  

I've had pretty good luck finding neat stuff at some of the antique shops.  I think last time, they actually had a large auction set-up and there were several sets of Wackys pinned to the wall in plastic sealed bags.  I believe it was a silent auction that they run every other weekend... but it had hoards of cool vintage stuff!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:03:15 AM by BRUTE_88 »

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 11:27:09 AM »
Not from me, but I am not great at digging through the booths thoroughly.  My big score were the Phoney Record stickers I lost! 

I think for the Fall show I am going to try to go both days, so the first day I can hang with collectors and trade without spending hours at the dealers booths, but then on Sunday I can spend more time on the dealers tables.  I also always want to check out the vintage/antique shops in the mall and never have time.   
PRoblem with that is that Saturday is when the tables will be picked through so by Sunday, there wouldn't likely be much left unless you seek common filler stuff.  Was the trading at the tables fast and furious? 
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Soremel

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 12:25:20 PM »
Much appreciated...!

Hey Brian! I was hoping you were going to be at the show because I had the original roughs for "Pupsodent" with me!

I'm going to either attempt to post some pics (I only took three) or send them to someone else on the forum to post them ~ every time I post pictures they can only be accessed through a link ('cuz I don't have a web site? I dunno LOL!)

As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, the Wacky community was well represented ~ better than the Fall '11 show from what I can recall.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 01:15:32 PM »
PRoblem with that is that Saturday is when the tables will be picked through so by Sunday, there wouldn't likely be much left unless you seek common filler stuff.  Was the trading at the tables fast and furious? 

I know, I thought about that too.  The gems have all been picked off by Sunday and there aren't as many if any Wacky collectors on Sunday.  I guess the best bet is to stay later on Saturday.  I usually leave around 3pm.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 06:28:47 AM »

As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, the Wacky community was well represented ~ better than the Fall '11 show from what I can recall.

Great to talk and deal with you at the show George! You are a true wacky pack gentleman with a goldmine of collecting stories!

While it's very cool that George and Dave are wacky "pros" now, it was even cooler to see the two of them chatting as collectors...that's where it all began!