Author Topic: It appears the FB Gold bubble has burst  (Read 3872 times)

Offline Kook

It appears the FB Gold bubble has burst
« on: April 13, 2012, 09:47:46 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item337452d392&item=220994917266&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&si=4lILs6AD97Mtgsu6WHhr91PUD9k%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I would not have thought #1, a FB gold set would be up for auction, or #2, it would sell that cheaply! That's just over $10 ea. I thought some people would be interested in seeing this auction. I missed it before it was completed.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: It appears the FB Gold bubble has burst
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 10:24:37 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item337452d392&item=220994917266&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&si=4lILs6AD97Mtgsu6WHhr91PUD9k%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I would not have thought #1, a FB gold set would be up for auction, or #2, it would sell that cheaply! That's just over $10 ea. I thought some people would be interested in seeing this auction. I missed it before it was completed.

Wow, that's unbelievable.  I never saw that auction in my searches for some reason.  I hope that's not the set that they spent over $17K for!  That would be a little bit of a hit.  He should have put a reserve on it.

The problem with selling a full set now is that anyone like myself that went after them right after they were released with the goal of getting a complete set probably already has a full set, or at least very close, and the # of collectors that try for a full set is less than 10.  The ironic thing about that price is that it is around the same amount silver sets were selling for in the beginning!

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Kook

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 11:01:37 AM »
Wow, that's unbelievable.  I never saw that auction in my searches for some reason.  I hope that's not the set that they spent over $17K for!  That would be a little bit of a hit.  He should have put a reserve on it.

The problem with selling a full set now is that anyone like myself that went after them right after they were released with the goal of getting a complete set probably already has a full set, or at least very close, and the # of collectors that try for a full set is less than 10.  The ironic thing about that price is that it is around the same amount silver sets were selling for in the beginning!

I totally missed this one before it completed too. If the gold sets could have been put together for that amount (~$10ea or $800) I would have considered getting one. At $50 to $100 a title or opening hundreds of packs to find 1 gold, I wouldn't even consider it. After seeing this set sell for what it did, I would consider another. The only problem is that I doubt another set would hit the market. I'm surprised they didn't put a reserve or sell it privately or break it up either. I'm sure there are a handful of people out there that need a few key titles & would have paid $100 to $200 or more for the 2 or 3 titles to complete their sets. Looks like Matt is cleaning house lately with all his auctions & making those deals takes some time. I did think it was a noteworthy transaction anyway.

I bet a lot of people didn't bother bidding on it thinking it would sell for quite a bit more.

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 11:58:13 AM »
I wish I would have seen this, I would have bid. I still need 5-6 golds to complete this set but I have moved on so its not a high priority.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 12:46:07 PM »
I was going to bid on it because it was hanging pretty low but then forgot all about it. I know who won it so it went to a good home.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 04:32:27 PM »
I was going to bid on it because it was hanging pretty low but then forgot all about it. I know who won it so it went to a good home.

Yeah, but at that price let's see if it actually ships!

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 08:41:08 PM »
Yeah, but at that price let's see if it actually ships!
I agree with you.  I bet it won't ship and the seller takes a hit on his feedback but saves lots of money

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 07:06:03 PM »
I agree with you.  I bet it won't ship and the seller takes a hit on his feedback but saves lots of money

Wow, that is quite an interesting prediction, has matt been using welching on ebay auctions as his reserve?  Set seems perfectly reasonably priced to me, borning scarce low demand set.  I bet if people dig back, they will see i predicted these would soon be worth $10 or less each.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 06:39:37 PM »
Wow, that is quite an interesting prediction, has matt been using welching on ebay auctions as his reserve?  Set seems perfectly reasonably priced to me, borning scarce low demand set.  I bet if people dig back, they will see i predicted these would soon be worth $10 or less each.

I remeber it vividly and you are correct...i bought a gold for $20 as well...man those have really come down!!Wacky Vols!!!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 08:22:45 PM »

Wasn't Slayskool on a rampage about these prices coming down as well? Yes, the Gold bubble has burst.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 08:07:55 PM »

Is it true that the buyer you know never got the gold set?

anything