Author Topic: JUST DUG UP  (Read 4681 times)

Offline V6

• Coulda had a V8...
JUST DUG UP
« on: April 10, 2012, 08:11:48 PM »
It's been a long while since I've posted but this is something everyone here can appreciate so I'll share. A little box arrived in the mailbox today from my 'little' brother up in NJ. I hadn't a clue about this. Imagine my surprise when I open it and my original stash of Wackys from the '70's is staring back at me!  :o

My brother was recently cleaning out his basement which accumulated lots of things from our childhood home when my Mom downsized. He found these and knew I still appreciated them. These old worn out things are the best part of my collection! There are some resticks, taped stickers, a few stuck to paper and many fairly nice ones. Most importantly, these are the very stickers that left a lasting impression and appreciation for the art & humor.  :great:

I hadn't thought much about Wackys until ANS1 came out and I got hooked again, never forgetting some of the favorites I once had and thought I'd never see again.  ;D

And yes, that's a David Caradine Kung Fu card that was mixed in there.  :]

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
Re: JUST DUG UP
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 08:29:00 PM »
Great to have your childhood arrive in the mail like that.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 09:46:23 PM »
It's fun to see what series you collected and how you probably imagined how gem your collection was...LOL
Great photo.

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 04:44:34 PM »
It's been a long while since I've posted but this is something everyone here can appreciate so I'll share. A little box arrived in the mailbox today from my 'little' brother up in NJ. I hadn't a clue about this. Imagine my surprise when I open it and my original stash of Wackys from the '70's is staring back at me!  :o

My brother was recently cleaning out his basement which accumulated lots of things from our childhood home when my Mom downsized. He found these and knew I still appreciated them. These old worn out things are the best part of my collection! There are some resticks, taped stickers, a few stuck to paper and many fairly nice ones. Most importantly, these are the very stickers that left a lasting impression and appreciation for the art & humor.  :great:

I hadn't thought much about Wackys until ANS1 came out and I got hooked again, never forgetting some of the favorites I once had and thought I'd never see again.  ;D

(Image removed from quote.)

That looks like my old collection !

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 06:11:07 PM »

Ahhhh, a table full of old freinds!
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 11:23:39 PM »
Awesome...love the resticks and taped to paper.  Real talk.

It is always like a time-warp to get the exact material things back from your childhood.  Good for you!

Also props for Kung Fu hahaha.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 05:08:25 AM »

Love the spit and spill - looks like it went through the washing machine... :] :] :]

Offline V6

• Coulda had a V8...
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 07:34:39 AM »
I should have mentioned that the funky dinette set in the pic was my grandmother's from the same era as the Wacky's. Like a time machine in the kitchen.  8)

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 10:54:03 AM »
Really cool to see this. I have yet to find photos I took of my bedroom door that I covered with Wackys as a kid.

Dang, you had two puzzles that were only one card shy!

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 02:21:06 PM »
Clever thread title, too!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 05:04:57 PM »
I should have mentioned that the funky dinette set in the pic was my grandmother's from the same era as the Wacky's. Like a time machine in the kitchen.  8)

lol, I was just about to say, that is a GREAT table to go with the Old School era Wackies! Thanks for sharing.

(I own one of my original Wacky Package titles - an Airraid I found in an old Hardy Boys book a few years ago, without the backing. I cherish it as if it were a NM Run Tony)