Author Topic: Where's slamjim?  (Read 8753 times)

Offline dth1971

Where's slamjim?
« on: April 05, 2012, 01:27:35 PM »
Where's slamjim lately? He has yet to show up a flyer and a few more entries for the due in Summer 2012 Wacky Packages ANS9!

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
Re: Where's slamjim?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 02:14:44 PM »
He's working on OS 4.  That comes out  before series 9, doesn't it?

Offline Swiski

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 02:52:22 PM »
Where's slamjim lately? He has yet to show up a flyer and a few more entries for the due in Summer 2012 Wacky Packages ANS9!

Cut him some slack! He's going through a divorce right now and working hard on OS4.

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 03:10:47 PM »
he's been posting in the strangely named "someone had 2 start this thread" thread, showing us snubbed entries for OLDS4.

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 03:26:21 PM »
he's been posting in the strangely named "someone had 2 start this thread" thread, showing us snubbed entries for OLDS4.
Thankz
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 03:29:32 PM »

I banned him. I couldn't take all this fighting >:D

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 04:52:38 PM »
Cut him some slack! He's going through a divorce right now

Seriously?

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 06:13:33 PM »
Seriously?

Yes, he posted about this some time ago.  Letting us know he would not be very active.
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 06:40:13 PM »
Yes, he posted about this some time ago.  Letting us know he would not be very active.
He actually used the word divorce?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 06:42:42 PM »
He actually used the word divorce?

Maybe he didn't, now that you mention it.   I guess that was what id been assuming, based on the sound of what he did post.   Sorry bout that.
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline Swiski

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 07:46:21 PM »
Yeah...I assumed that in my post as well, but there were no details mentioned by him. He is working hard on OS4. Not sure if he's painting for ANS9 or the upcoming Garbage Pail Kids set.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 08:26:37 PM »

yikes, give the man some slack!  We've had a LOT of Wacky product
lately, and Dave told us he had a few RL (i.e. real life) issues
to deal with.

Any chance you work as a debt collector?   :D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 10:13:13 PM »
OK people, we have no idea what Dave is going through. Please don't read between the lines of what he says and what he is going through. If he wants to chime in he will.

Offline Crust

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 09:20:14 AM »
If you click on Slamjims profile, it says he was last active on April first. So he was on last week.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2012, 09:55:00 PM »
I guess since there is a thread about it and all kind of speculation I'll fill you in a bit. I've not been my usual posting self for a number of reasons. I have a VERY tight schedule for OLDS4. It's day and night work right now. I did only rough concepts for GPK8 and I did only 2 paintings for ANS9 due to getting separated. Yes, I am now getting divorced. Besides the artwork I have four 2 family apartments to deal with (taking care of them plus having to rent them for the next Rutgers year), seeing my two kids regularly (they are with my wife and I used to be with them 24/7 since I worked at home), being on my own for basically the first time in my life and I am in a new relationship (yes, that is a major reason for the divorce but it was me who wanted out and sought this out, not a cheating thing I asked her out after I left). Very stressed, tired and freaked out but want to get this all done. I will post when I have time. If anyone here has been divorced please tell me it gets better! Right now worrying about losing time with my kids and the change to a routine I was familiar with for nearly 25 years has been overwhelming.

Offline dth1971

To Mr. Gross
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 06:13:07 AM »
Sorry about your divorce problems that are cutting back on your Wacky Packages ANS and/or OS plans.

Offline Crust

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2012, 08:27:54 AM »
I'm sorry to hear you are going through a rough time! :sad: Hopefully it will start too get better!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2012, 09:30:33 AM »
Thanks Dave. Sorry to hear you're going through this. I think the only thing that helps the pain is time.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2012, 10:55:29 AM »
I guess since there is a thread about it and all kind of speculation I'll fill you in a bit. I've not been my usual posting self for a number of reasons. I have a VERY tight schedule for OLDS4. It's day and night work right now. I did only rough concepts for GPK8 and I did only 2 paintings for ANS9 due to getting separated. Yes, I am now getting divorced. Besides the artwork I have four 2 family apartments to deal with (taking care of them plus having to rent them for the next Rutgers year), seeing my two kids regularly (they are with my wife and I used to be with them 24/7 since I worked at home), being on my own for basically the first time in my life and I am in a new relationship (yes, that is a major reason for the divorce but it was me who wanted out and sought this out, not a cheating thing I asked her out after I left). Very stressed, tired and freaked out but want to get this all done. I will post when I have time. If anyone here has been divorced please tell me it gets better! Right now worrying about losing time with my kids and the change to a routine I was familiar with for nearly 25 years has been overwhelming.
I am glad you made the right choice to get divorced instead of "haning on for the kids".  I know of at least two couples who are staying married for the kids sake and I think it is more harmful for the kids to be living in that sort of fake environment than just moving on so you and your ex can enter newer and healthier relationships so the kids can be around such healthiness.  You are a survivor, I am sure it will get better over time!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

Re: To Mr. Gross
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 10:57:02 AM »
Sorry about your divorce problems that are cutting back on your Wacky Packages ANS and/or OS plans.
Really, a whole thread on this?  Your fixation with new releases is disturbing!  Perhaps maybe leave it to Dave to start a whole thread dedicated to his personal life and THEN we all chime in eh?

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 03:43:52 PM »
we're here for you, Dave.  Take care of yourself and spend as much time with the
kids as you can and will allow. 

I have two friends with kids over this last year that, within the first year, the wife
just up and decides she wants to stretch out her "wings" and not be married anymore
and pursue a big career, leaving the guy devastated.  They're still in that
"sad" stage, and haven't hit the "mad-as-all-heck" stage yet, but it's coming soon.

I know it's not at all the same situation, but the way-of-the-world is definitely
not what it used to be years ago.

Stay well.

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2012, 05:58:55 PM »
Dave,

It does get better! Every situation is different, and some will take longer than others to move on, but it does get better. From personal experience I have to recommend to not let the kids get caught in the cross fire! Always remember that the way kids see it is that they are half mommy and half daddy. If one speeks il of the other in front of them; they think "oh, do they feel that half of me is bad too?!". I can speak to you at length if you want and if you think it will help.........

It does get better for you and kids. Showing your kids a happy dad in a healthy, functional relationship is the best thing in my opinion.

Regards,
Mark   

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 10:29:48 AM »
I'm sorry to hear about all the stresses in your life, Dave.  While I haven't been through a divorce myself, the vicarious lessons I've learned is that it does indeed get better.  Not automatically but with time and patience and a sincere effort to be as honorable/decent towards your ex as you can.  I have been through pretty major life changes and, even when I chose them and wanted them, they were stressful but, again, got better with time.  I'll send ya my best karma and wish you well as you work through the change and emerge better off on the other side.

Offline V6

• Coulda had a V8...
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2012, 10:36:25 AM »
It does get better for you and kids. Showing your kids a happy dad in a healthy, functional relationship is the best thing in my opinion.

Regards,
Mark   

Mark is right. I went through this as well, divorcing in December, 2010. It took a while for me to adjust but things normalized and the kids have taken it well. You'll be fine!

It did help that I got custody of the Wackys.  :P

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2012, 11:17:36 PM »
You do good work professionally man!  Sorry to hear your personal life is having troubles.

Remember in all you do be honorable.  Even if there are provocations or instigation, be honorable and you will overcome.

Best wishes man!  Your kids know you, not the circumstance.  Everything will level out.  Keep the faith and your kids will keep you.  Strength brother!

Offline RaMpB

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2012, 09:51:09 AM »
Dave, your relationship with your children is your relationship with them and has no bearing on whether married or divorced. The main focus is to get the divorce decree done right and whatever you want in there because if you fail there its $1000s of dollars to change it and years!
Richie

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2012, 05:39:03 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to write all that!  Cant wait to see your new work! Happiness is in your future !
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2012, 09:37:02 PM »
Here's the thing. We have been pretty lucky with all of these releases. Who would have thought we would even be discussing this? Releases will happen when finished but I'm OK if they take a little time between releases. I know people like Daryl can't wait after buying one box. He opens his one box and then is ready for the next series when others are collecting the bonus stuff like sketches and that takes time and money.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2012, 08:30:44 AM »
Patience is a rare commodity these days. I'd prefer to wait a little longer rather than rushing the artist's to push out another series too quickly, especially if it means the quality of OLDS4 is equal to or greater than OLDS3 (the new Wacky standard imo!).

Life's biggest challenges are definitely more important than Wackys -- we can wait!  :great:

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2012, 08:53:37 AM »
Patience is a rare commodity these days. I'd prefer to wait a little longer rather than rushing the artist's to push out another series too quickly, especially if it means the quality of OLDS4 is equal to or greater than OLDS3 (the new Wacky standard imo!).

Life's biggest challenges are definitely more important than Wackys -- we can wait!  :great:

Amen Dude!!OLDS3 Sketches were awesome!!of course MORE COLORED SKETCHES!!!BRING-IT ON!! :great: :great:

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2012, 09:42:23 AM »

DUDE,

KEEP THE SCUM SUCKING LAWYERS, BOTH SIDES, OUT OF IT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE AND IT WILL REDUCE TIME,STRESS, AND MONEY FOR ALL INVOLVED!!!IT WILL STILL BE A LONG PROCESS....UNFORTUNATELY!!  :'(

GOOD LUCK!!
GOING TO THE SHOW??

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2012, 11:01:23 AM »
DUDE,

KEEP THE SCUM SUCKING LAWYERS, BOTH SIDES, OUT OF IT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE AND IT WILL REDUCE TIME,STRESS, AND MONEY FOR ALL INVOLVED!!!IT WILL STILL BE A LONG PROCESS....UNFORTUNATELY!!  :'(

GOOD LUCK!!
GOING TO THE SHOW??

My fiance's x-husband is a nightmare to deal with and everything ends up in court, and it forces her to have to hire an attorney to defend herself.  Just to give you an idea of how bad and costly a divorce can be if one of the parties is vindictive and a control freak, her divorce cost her over $50K and there was no custody battle!  My divorce cost me a little over $2K. 

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2012, 02:30:35 PM »
I will be at the show both days.

Thanks for the comments everyone. This will be a bad divorce and cost some serious dough. Oh well. Not going to freak out. I can take care of myself pretty good.Looking forward to the other side of things.

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2012, 02:49:42 PM »
I will be at the show both days.

Thanks for the comments everyone. This will be a bad divorce and cost some serious dough. Oh well. Not going to freak out. I can take care of myself pretty good.Looking forward to the other side of things.

Dave,

It sounds like you have a really healthy outlook. My divorce was well over the 50K mark, but it was still worth it. When you are dealing with someone who is irrational it can be very expensive. My X went through 5 lawyers!, and I had to keep paying my lawyer to deefned her unrealistic expectations when all I wanted was a reasonsable settlement, and to move on even though she initiated the divorce. While it is a shame to have to spend such money, it ultimately is worth it to get out of a bad situation. If you were living in pain because of a medical condition you would spend the money on a doctor to make your life better right?

See you at the show,
Mark     

anything