Author Topic: Postcards (Series 8) Spoilers  (Read 41992 times)

Offline FourRoses

Postcards (Series 8) Spoilers
« on: March 16, 2012, 05:06:36 PM »
First off, this is a lovely set. The envelope has wonderful texture and design. Fig Newts and Twister's Choice really caught my eye. That's not to say the others aren't nicely done. Top quality indeed. By the way, the envelope opens very easily with a sharp blade. No maiming or destroying of it at all.

Now you'll see the two sketches with a third set coming next week. Very nicely done and I normally don't see many b&w's which excite me.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 07:52:47 PM by FourRoses »

Offline dth1971

Re: Postcards (Series 8) Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 08:56:48 PM »
As I saw in a facebook spoiler, was Clubbed crackers planned to be in Wacky Packages Postcards Series 8 but got replaced at the last minute by a different title?

Maybe Clubbed crackers is planning to be in Wacky Packages ANS9 this Summer.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 11:06:53 PM »
You're are presistant. What do you know?

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 05:17:41 AM »
First off, this is a lovely set. The envelope has wonderful texture and design. Fig Newts and Twister's Choice really caught my eye. That's not to say the others aren't nicely done. Top quality indeed. By the way, the envelope opens very easily with a sharp blade. No maiming or destroying of it at all.

Now you'll see the two sketches with a third set coming next week. Very nicely done and I normally don't see many b&w's which excite me.

couldn't agree more - awesomeness!!! here's my sketches....cool beans!!!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 06:34:26 AM »
You're are presistant. What do you know?

Is this the title in question?  It seems to be talked about in an awful lot of threads.  It's a George Wright bio card, but the back says 'Coming Summer 2012', with a Wacky Packages Artists Series 9 logo, and a blue background, as opposed to the other Series 8 Postcard bio cards.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 06:41:12 AM »

Wow!! Not a loser in the group of sketch cards!! You got extremely lucky. I hope I get some good sketches.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 06:52:46 AM »
For those still waiting, here are the 6 postcards and the TS14 Bonus card from the Limited Edition set:

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 07:18:49 AM »
Wow!! Not a loser in the group of sketch cards!! You got extremely lucky. I hope I get some good sketches.

thx they are awesome...do post when you get'em...

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 08:14:49 AM »

Speaking of sketch cards, I have to say (in my impartial opinion) that the Series 8 postcards has a number of "PERFECT SKETCH CARDS". I doubt we'll see many sketches that get better than these.  I won't elaborate on titles, artists, etc, but you'll know what I'm talking about when you see them!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 08:48:51 AM »

Mine should be here on Monday so I have no idea what the sketch cards represent but I have to say those are so frickin' cool!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 09:17:01 AM »
Not to pick on JZ again, but I hope I don't get many sketches like this one...

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 10:44:29 AM »
Is this the title in question?  It seems to be talked about in an awful lot of threads.  It's a George Wright bio card, but the back says 'Coming Summer 2012', with a Wacky Packages Artists Series 9 logo, and a blue background, as opposed to the other Series 8 Postcard bio cards.

I have a couple of those for SALE!!! pls PM me if interested...same on the Cogs Bio cards as well...

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 12:01:29 PM »
Here are my sketches. Alas, one envelope was missing a sketch.  No idea whether Topps can supply a replacement as they do with the Old School boxes, but here's hoping!  Also, I love how the two gnutella sketches happen to match up -- Mark Pingitore's leopard salivating over Neil Camera's gnu!  

« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 12:18:33 PM by Monsterettes »

Offline dth1971

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 12:45:27 PM »
Now it clears things up...

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 02:35:26 PM »

Here are my sketch pulls...........

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 03:14:59 PM »
Here are my sketch pulls - I'm quite happy with the lot!  As is often the case, the scans don't really capture everything, and they look even better in person.  This seems especially true with the Kirscht sketches.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 03:44:03 PM by RawGoo »

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 05:01:27 PM »
Here are my sketch pulls...........

Just humor me for a moment and tell me you got your hands on a blank sketch card and doodled those newts.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2012, 05:03:41 PM »
Just humor me for a moment and tell me you got your hands on a blank sketch card and doodled those newts.

Nope, I might try to finish it off though!  I used to be pretty good at coloring books when I was a kid!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2012, 04:46:00 AM »
Nope, I might try to finish it off though!  I used to be pretty good at coloring books when I was a kid!

Actually, could you please check the back of your color sketch and tell me if there is any difference from a black and white reverse?  Series 7 had 'color sketch' in the copyright.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2012, 05:41:02 AM »
Actually, could you please check the back of your color sketch and tell me if there is any difference from a black and white reverse?  Series 7 had 'color sketch' in the copyright.

Hi Pat,

Yep, we followed the same format for Series 8 postcards:  color sketches have "Color Sketch Card" in the copyright line. The black & whites just have "Sketch Card".

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2012, 06:09:06 AM »
Hi Pat,

Yep, we followed the same format for Series 8 postcards:  color sketches have "Color Sketch Card" in the copyright line. The black & whites just have "Sketch Card".

Thanks Neil!

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2012, 11:56:15 AM »
Speaking of sketch cards, I have to say (in my impartial opinion) that the Series 8 postcards has a number of "PERFECT SKETCH CARDS". I doubt we'll see many sketches that get better than these.  I won't elaborate on titles, artists, etc, but you'll know what I'm talking about when you see them!

We've seen a steady upward progression in terms of sketch card from each subsequent postcard series. Although the amount of sketches revealed here is quite low, 97.3% of those posted here are extremely well done and appear as if the artist gave thought and effort to produce something we'd look upon as very favorable.

Offline Simko

• Sweet Rot
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 08:43:00 AM »
Still waiting for my returns to come in, but cool to have this forum where we can showcase our sketch cards in the meantime. Hope some o' these get pulled!

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 08:58:37 AM »
Still waiting for my returns to come in, but cool to have this forum where we can showcase our sketch cards in the meantime. Hope some o' these get pulled!

JOE...........nice work,you did 10 color sketches for PC 8 ?
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Kook

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 09:08:43 AM »

Those sketches are AMAZING!!! Are the color sketches your return cards, or are they in the series?

Offline Simko

• Sweet Rot
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 09:29:38 AM »
Thanks. Those colors are somewhere in the packs. Still waiting for my returns which include a just a couple colors.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2012, 10:02:17 AM »
Just got my two sets, and I amazingly pulled two color sketches. 

I pulled a Mark Parisi and a Colin Walton - both color.  It's nutty luck.  I'll be throwing these both on eBay later this evening, after I get some work done here.  If anyone is interested, you can contact me today before I list them. 

Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2012, 10:30:06 AM »
Thanks. Those colors are somewhere in the packs. Still waiting for my returns which include a just a couple colors.
Just amazing, Joe! I'm waiting for UPS to deliver my cards and I hope I get 5 Simko's!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2012, 10:30:28 AM »
Just got my two sets, and I amazingly pulled two color sketches. 

I pulled a Mark Parisi and a Colin Walton - both color.  It's nutty luck.  I'll be throwing these both on eBay later this evening, after I get some work done here.  If anyone is interested, you can contact me today before I list them. 

WOW, what are the odds of that happening. Good for you!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2012, 11:17:40 AM »

Those are probably the nicest sketch cards I've seen to date.  Great job!  They must have taken you a long time to do them.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2012, 11:19:23 AM »

I don't want to start a debate - but c'mon - these aren't sketch-cards.  These are finished art-cards.  They're stunning. 
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline RedBeans

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2012, 11:36:47 AM »

Confirmed by Joe!  Unbelievable that those sketches can be pulled! :fingerscrossed

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2012, 11:47:46 AM »
I don't want to start a debate - but c'mon - these aren't sketch-cards.  These are finished art-cards.  They're stunning. 

I'd be happy with any of them. You are right, it's little cards of art. Just wait til he gets his returns. Those will be even better.
Joe, you have to show off your returns when you get them finished!

Offline Simko

• Sweet Rot
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2012, 11:58:25 AM »
Joe, you have to show off your returns when you get them finished!

Returns are already done for approval purposes. But probably need to wait to post until they are given back. Be cool if somebody found one of them though. Haven't seen any pop up from this series, yet last postcard series my toothies were everywhere!

Exhibit A & B

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:04:24 PM by Simko »

Offline RedBeans

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2012, 12:02:21 PM »
Returns are already done for approval purposes. But probably need to wait to post until they are given back. Be cool if somebody found one of these others though. Haven't seen any pop up from this series, yet last postcard series my toothies were everywhere!

Exhibit A & B

Want