Author Topic: So, where are the color sketches hiding?  (Read 55508 times)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
Re: So, where are the color sketches hiding?
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2010, 06:23:52 AM »
For me, I would sell a "hot" wacky item to use the money made to get some of the older Wacky stuff I have wanted and haven't been able to aquire. That would be the only reason for me to sell the hot item, other than that, I would just keep it as part of my collection.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2010, 09:38:09 AM »
New color pull. I think this is the only one-off character color that Jay did and it's a beauty!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2010, 09:54:14 AM »
New color pull. I think this is the only one-off character color that Jay did and it's a beauty!
That is absoloutly beautiful! I was hoping I would have pulled a color sketch...but no such luck for me!
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2010, 09:56:35 AM »
For me, I would sell a "hot" wacky item to use the money made to get some of the older Wacky stuff I have wanted and haven't been able to aquire. That would be the only reason for me to sell the hot item, other than that, I would just keep it as part of my collection.
I have thought about this myself Jeff, I'm on the fence but I agree w/you the ONLY reason I would sell it would be to feed my WACKY addiction!!! :P

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2010, 10:08:37 AM »

Wow, cool sketch. Are these color sketches from that same batch of 20 boxes you got?

Are you keeping any of 'em?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2010, 10:34:18 AM »
Wow, cool sketch. Are these color sketches from that same batch of 20 boxes you got?

Are you keeping any of 'em?

This was from a new batch of 27 I just got this morning. I haven't kept any yet but plan to if I can help myself >:D
I would like to retain at least one color and I have a couple in mind but if the price is right I can't hold on to them. The only problem is I sell them and order more boxes. One of these times I am going to be screwed. I was planning on keeping the Kooks and this one but I received an offer I couldn't refuse. Those are my 2 favorite but I also want one of the paste em boys. The paste em boy is the one I really want! I also wouldn't mind a Dr. Ono.
I would also like to keep a few sealed boxes because once the dust settles on the color and there are about 10 undiscovered colors floating around the boxes will go for high prices. The only thing is that the colors are selling for a high price now so it might not make much sense to hold unopened boxes. You might sell an unopened box for $200 but you might also sell a color for $2K now.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2010, 07:07:40 AM »
This was from a new batch of 27 I just got this morning. I haven't kept any yet but plan to if I can help myself >:D
I would like to retain at least one color and I have a couple in mind but if the price is right I can't hold on to them. The only problem is I sell them and order more boxes. One of these times I am going to be screwed. I was planning on keeping the Kooks and this one but I received an offer I couldn't refuse. Those are my 2 favorite but I also want one of the paste em boys. The paste em boy is the one I really want! I also wouldn't mind a Dr. Ono.
I would also like to keep a few sealed boxes because once the dust settles on the color and there are about 10 undiscovered colors floating around the boxes will go for high prices. The only thing is that the colors are selling for a high price now so it might not make much sense to hold unopened boxes. You might sell an unopened box for $200 but you might also sell a color for $2K now.

I would keep maybe 1 box unopened but crack open all the rest!  What are you going to do with your 1,000's of base sets?  LOL 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2010, 07:16:55 AM »
I would keep maybe 1 box unopened but crack open all the rest!  What are you going to do with your 1,000's of base sets?  LOL 

Actually I don't have any base cards just unopened packs. I have traded 60 unopened pack boxes already and will get ready for another trade soon. I have about 5 base sets and a ton of 5X7's and color logo stickers. What I have found is I am really short in yellow logo's and bark 5X7 sets.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2010, 07:32:10 AM »
Actually I don't have any base cards just unopened packs. I have traded 60 unopened pack boxes already and will get ready for another trade soon. I have about 5 base sets and a ton of 5X7's and color logo stickers. What I have found is I am really short in yellow logo's and bark 5X7 sets.

That's interesting about the yellow logos because I thought they were produced equally, and you've bought a lot.  Plus isn't that the one that others seem to need the most?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2010, 07:36:37 AM »
That's interesting about the yellow logos because I thought they were produced equally, and you've bought a lot.  Plus isn't that the one that others seem to need the most?
I am sure they are equal but just the luck of the draw. I have about 13 extra pinks and 7 extra oranges. I also have about 6 extra Franken 5X7 packs.

Offline Rebell Jet

• my animated gifs here
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2010, 10:07:36 AM »
I have been on vacation this week and thought I would have heard of a few new color sketches showing up. Topps is down to about 500 boxes and new colors have surfaced. What is the count of colors now up to? 12?

I got a color Pupsi -- For those who think canine
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 10:24:41 AM by rebell jet »
my animated gifs here: http://rdperry.com/gifs75.html

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2010, 12:01:49 PM »
I dig the Pepsi logo behind the dog.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2010, 12:31:59 PM »
Awesome color sketch pull - congrats!  And it's great to see you around!!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2010, 12:48:28 PM »
Hi Rebel Jet! Good to see you and your fun avatar!
Cool score. Plan 9 might think canine, not sure though . . .

Offline Rebell Jet

• my animated gifs here
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2010, 02:20:47 PM »
Awesome color sketch pull - congrats!  And it's great to see you around!!

It was in the 2nd box I opened -- haven't opened the 3rd box yet.

I haven't been paying very close attention, but are there really only 55 color sketch cards total?

After looking around this new forum a bit, apparently these are worth some $$?

I would be willing to part with it for the right offer. I would even share profits with Mr. Lynch.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2010, 02:22:47 PM »

I haven't been paying very close attention, but are there really only 55 color sketch cards total?

I would be willing to part with it for the right offer. I would even share profits with Mr. Lynch.
Leslie might be difficult to reach for the next two weeks as I think she is travelling so you might want to hold on to it for a bit.  How much is "the right offer"?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Rebell Jet

• my animated gifs here
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2010, 02:31:43 PM »
Leslie might be difficult to reach for the next two weeks as I think she is travelling so you might want to hold on to it for a bit.  How much is "the right offer"?

I'm in no hurry. Not sure what the 'right offer' might be. I just opened my 2nd box yesterday and haven't been following what these are going for. I haven't seen any auctions for the color cards, so I'm open to suggestions.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2010, 04:36:55 PM »

I've opened 5 boxes and I still had to make a trade to get the Bark trio 5 x 7 card set and Yellow logo. If there were equal amounts made, maybe they weren't equally distributed?

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2010, 04:43:15 PM »
I've opened 5 boxes and I still had to make a trade to get the Bark trio 5 x 7 card set and Yellow logo. If there were equal amounts made, maybe they weren't equally distributed?
I have an extra "yellow" (logo) sticker for you Jeff, I'll bring it to the show. Your WACKY friend...RonZ 8)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2010, 07:54:32 PM »
Hey Ron, That's cool. I still don't know if I am getting off work yet. I did submit my request a few days ago, but haven't heard yet yay or neigh. I'm staying postitive that it will be a "yay"!  ;D

Did you see that colored Pupsi Card that Rebell Jet pulled? That one rocks!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2010, 09:06:14 AM »
Hey Ron, That's cool. I still don't know if I am getting off work yet. I did submit my request a few days ago, but haven't heard yet yay or neigh. I'm staying postitive that it will be a "yay"!  ;D

Did you see that colored Pupsi Card that Rebell Jet pulled? That one rocks!
Yes I did but I did'nt want to comment on it in fear of being accused of making a "meaningless post"

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2010, 09:45:35 AM »
Yes I did but I did'nt want to comment on it in fear of being accused of making a "meaningless post"

LOL!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2010, 06:06:18 PM »
I'm in no hurry. Not sure what the 'right offer' might be. I just opened my 2nd box yesterday and haven't been following what these are going for. I haven't seen any auctions for the color cards, so I'm open to suggestions.

Nice score!, some colored ones have sold for $1,000.00 plus!  I think the Leslie Ernie is referring to already has a Pupsi, but I may be mistaken.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2010, 03:47:07 PM »

You only ordered 3 boxes and got a colored? That is amazing!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2010, 03:49:15 PM »
Anyone pull or hear of any new colored or exotic pulls over the last week or so other then the new Pupsi? Nothing is showing up on ebay. Just curious what other colored have shown up. What are we up to now about 20 or 25 that have shown up so far? Topps is down to under 300 boxes or so. I have 30 more boxes coming in later this week so maybe I will put 10  ;D Wish!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2010, 04:54:19 PM »
Why, I aught ah . . . I'm going to come over there and bonk you on the head Ron! :D
Life wouldn't be right without a few meaningless posts!

Drew Friedman

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2010, 05:26:27 PM »
Anyone pull or hear of any new colored or exotic pulls over the last week or so other then the new Pupsi? Nothing is showing up on ebay. Just curious what other colored have shown up. What are we up to now about 20 or 25 that have shown up so far? Topps is down to under 300 boxes or so. I have 30 more boxes coming in later this week so maybe I will put 10  ;D Wish!

Knowing your luck I wouldn't be surprised!   >(

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2010, 06:12:51 PM »
Why, I aught ah . . . I'm going to come over there and bonk you on the head Ron! :D
Life wouldn't be right without a few meaningless posts!
(Image removed from quote.)
Drew Friedman
LOL!!! :] Glad to see everything is back to normal...well as normal as can be expected! :^)

Offline bandaches

« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2010, 06:22:52 PM »
Can you please make a list of the ones you are aware of so I can see which scans I am missing from my list here.  Bolded items include scans.  No scans are from the poster.

http://www.wackypackage.com/Wacky%20Packs/Old%20School%20Sketches/Old%20School%20Sketches.htm
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2010, 06:42:43 PM »
Can you please make a list of the ones you are aware of so I can see which scans I am missing from my list here.  Bolded items include scans.  No scans are from the poster.

http://www.wackypackage.com/Wacky%20Packs/Old%20School%20Sketches/Old%20School%20Sketches.htm
The ones that I know of that you don't have pix for are:

CapnCrud - not sure which one
Chef Girl - not sure which one
Both Ono's
Teacher - not sure which one
Both Hungry Jerks
Both Dr. Poppers.

To me that makes about 33 still not identified. I am also not sure if a Quacker color has been found. I can't remember if I heard about that one. Anyone know if any others have shown up on the other forum? I can't imagine with only about 300 boxes left that there would be this many missing color sketches. I would think there would only be about 10 or so we wouldn't know of unless there are a lot of private collectors not saying anything. I just can't imagine there would be that many but I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 06:49:53 PM by BumChex »

Offline bandaches

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2010, 06:46:14 PM »
The ones that I know of that you don't have pix for are:

Cheddar Green background
CapnCrud - not sure which one
Chef Girl - not sure which one
Both Ono's
Teacher - not sure which one
Both Hungry Jerks
Both Dr. Poppers.
I have the Chedder Green up there, are you thinking of a different one?  I have one Color Dr Popper up too.

Do you have these scans in email form somewhere?  I haven't seen scans of the ones you list that I am missing. 

I am going to adjust my list to make it easier to differentiate color and B&W.  I also plan to thumbnail the list.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2010, 06:53:43 PM »
I have the Chedder Green up there, are you thinking of a different one?  I have one Color Dr Popper up too.

Do you have these scans in email form somewhere?  I haven't seen scans of the ones you list that I am missing. 

I am going to adjust my list to make it easier to differentiate color and B&W.  I also plan to thumbnail the list.
I see you had the cheddar and changed my list. I don't have scans because Leslie owns the other Dr. Popper, Chef, Teacher, Dr. Popper, Hungry Jerk. I pulled the other Hungry jerk but it's on my home computer so I will have to upload scans this weekend. Someone pulled the CapnCrud that i heard about because it was mentioned on the other forum. I don't know if Leslie has the Dr. Ono's. She told me she was going to send me pictures but I haven't received anything.

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2010, 06:19:54 AM »
I was supposed to scan an image of my Dr Ono Color  "Oh No" Sketch but I did not get the chance yet.  True, there are about 300 boxes left but everyone is not opening all of their boxes.  I still believe that people are sitting on many unopened boxes in their closets.  I have heard many people say that they are saving a few boxes.  There could be an additional 600-700 boxes unopened in people's closets. 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2010, 06:43:05 AM »
I was supposed to scan an image of my Dr Ono Color  "Oh No" Sketch but I did not get the chance yet.  True, there are about 300 boxes left but everyone is not opening all of their boxes.  I still believe that people are sitting on many unopened boxes in their closets.  I have heard many people say that they are saving a few boxes.  There could be an additional 600-700 boxes unopened in people's closets. 

That's true but I think it might be crazy to hang on to them. The colored are hot right now with Leslie paying around $1200 each for them. I think once the craze is over and the big collectors got what they want that the price may drop. I could totally be wrong here but anyone remember the GOLDS? LOL
I know color sketches are completely different then gold border cards and should demand a premium because they are original art. I just don't know if I could hold on to unopened boxes. Depending on what I pull out of my 30 boxes I may just order about a dozen or so to keep sealed. I really want the paste em boy color sketch.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2010, 08:37:47 PM »
My unopened boxes are on a table, do those count?  :)