Author Topic: So, where are the color sketches hiding?  (Read 55544 times)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: So, where are the color sketches hiding?
« Reply #175 on: June 08, 2010, 06:07:06 PM »
Nothing new on ebay. I don't care if they were available for sale. I'm just curious as to who has them.
I think that a lot of non-sports card collectors bought boxes, and are just happy with the sketches they got, and so are not "ebaying" them.  I didn't buy a tremendous amount of boxes, but if it weren't for my participation in the Wacky forums, you'd be wondering about two more color sketches.  

Of course, I'd still like to know who got the "This Crud's for You" color sketch   :)

Offline quas

« Reply #176 on: June 09, 2010, 06:49:08 AM »
I guess to find out one would have to purchase some of those $100+ unopened boxes on ebay (which I would absolutely not do - I don't need any more B&W Aquax sketches at this point!)
Marc

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #177 on: June 09, 2010, 09:42:55 AM »
I guess to find out one would have to purchase some of those $100+ unopened boxes on ebay (which I would absolutely not do - I don't need any more B&W Aquax sketches at this point!)
You never know, you could get a Spazzles!!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #178 on: June 09, 2010, 04:15:59 PM »
Quote from: quas link=topic=207.msg7804#msg7804 date=

as many of us that bought in QTY know the odds are not in our favor to be buying $100 boxes.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #179 on: June 10, 2010, 01:38:28 PM »

I just got an email from Leslie and she just opened 5 boxes that she paid $110 each for from the Socaldad2be guy and got a colored penguin. On one hand that's total luck and on the other she has already paid about $1200 for boxes to get one color. I guess it all works out.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #180 on: June 17, 2010, 10:46:13 AM »
FYI - Leslie is planning to sell her color sketches. I just posted this in the wacky sales thread.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #181 on: June 17, 2010, 12:34:01 PM »
FYI - Leslie is planning to sell her color sketches. I just posted this in the wacky sales thread.

Did she just want the challenge of getting them?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #182 on: June 17, 2010, 12:37:15 PM »
Did she just want the challenge of getting them?

It could be financial. I really don't know for sure but it doesn't sound like she wants to just dump them either. Read the notes in the for sale thread.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2010, 05:29:20 AM »
She emailed me and told me the same.  Seems odd to spend all that money being the top bidder and driving up prices and now selling as she is destined to take some big losses.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #184 on: July 07, 2010, 05:38:29 AM »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #185 on: July 07, 2010, 08:52:06 AM »
I see the colored cow sketch is up for auction.
http://cgi.ebay.com/WACKY-PACKAGES-OLD-SCHOOL-COLOR-SKETCH-CARD-BUBBLE-YAK-/360278970373

Guesses on where it will sell?  I would think $1,000.00 + but the craze has waned somewhat so maybe we'll be surprised.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #186 on: July 07, 2010, 07:52:01 PM »
Very hard to tell. I would guess probably around 1G too. Guess it depends on the buyer and how much that picture is liked.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #187 on: July 08, 2010, 03:40:37 AM »
Very hard to tell. I would guess probably around 1G too. Guess it depends on the buyer and how much that picture is liked.
As Rob says, the craze may have waned somewhat, but who knows, Leslie could decide she wants it, which could push this up to the $1500 range.  Also, considering how tough the b&w Bubble Yuk sketch was, some collectors might pursue this as an alternative.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #188 on: July 09, 2010, 10:08:31 AM »

I was say as far as titles go even though it's not a vintage character it's a pretty desirable one to have, and the fact that the b&w version is so rare like Pat pointed out makes it a nice alternative for someone looking to "kill 2 birds with 1 stone".

anything